Would You Rather.... (Nebraska HC Edition)

Mavric

Would You Rather.....  

75 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Intereating question but if this wasn't a hypothetical, the responses would be much different. I can't imagine anyone would actually, for reals, pass up a million or more if the cash was in their hand. Hell we've gone longer than 10 years and nobody's been paid a dime and we survived. I'd sellout at about $100K, honestly maybe a hair less than that if I had the cash in hand.

9 hours ago, Moiraine said:

Eh, I still have student loans to pay off and I haven't had my current job for a year yet. 10 years from now I will (knock on wood) feel a lot less vulnerable.

I picked $50,000.

Just another point to add, if I had $5 million I could use it for things more important than Husker football. I could save someone's life with that amount of $.

Picked 50k as well. Thatd at least pay off my student loans. Id go as low as 30k honestly.

2 hours ago, The Dude said:

There's 2 types of people here:

1. People taking the money.

2. Liars.

I voted for Frost, but everyone knows you'd really take the money. Then I'd act offended when you call me out on my lie when you see me driving my new Ferrari. 

:sarcasm

49 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Haha!

I would take the 5 million...I would maybe teach another year or two for fun of it.

I am also a teacher and I would teach at least one more year...but I'd probably get fired for finally saying what I've wanted to say the last 12 years. Haha!

• Plus1 3
22 minutes ago, Day by Day said:

I am also a teacher and I would teach at least one more year...but I'd probably get fired for finally saying what I've wanted to say the last 12 years. Haha!

I teach also.  I always said if I won the lottery I would subcontract out the chemistry department.  The district would not have to pay me or fund me AND they wouldn't bother me with idiotic rules, regulations and methodologies.  

Admin: "You have to use .."

Me: "No"

Admin: "But..."

Me: "No"

• Plus1 1

33 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Yup.  The people who chose Frost are lying to themselves or just like to be a contrarian.

$5M puts kids through college, buys a new house, and allows a reduced work schedule. 

What are you going to do in that new house? Break everything because you're so mad at Mike Riley. Then you have to replace all the stuff you broke. I suggest learning to hang your own sheetrock.

With that reduced work schedule, you'll have more time to study Langsdorf's offense. Maybe unravel the mysteries of motioning receivers back towards the formation. Maybe write a book deciphering Diaco's post games. Could discover the exciting hobby of linguistics. 

As to your kids, you think they'll face the embarrassment of going to a school with such a poor football program? Hardly. They'll want to go somewhere else, maybe Iowa since with Riley around they'll look like juggernauts. You'll be infuriated, they'll be mad at you back, and you'll never see the grandkids. You'll just be at home, by yourself, with your wholesale stacks of sheetrock.

I would gladly stop watching football all together for 5 million. I slowly quit watching football for free over the past 10-15 years anyway.

I would be disappointed with the team/results if that meant Riley was still coaching, but I have no problem spending my Saturdays somewhere other than infront of a TV or packed like a sardine on a aluminum bench. Winning is great, but everything else about being a football fan is pretty forgettable.