How much offense do we lose?

This is getting pretty ridiculous. Bunch was good enough to get plenty of reps in fall camp.

If these are true option plays, and they probably are with Frost as the coach, they aren't going to be "calling his number" very often. He'll take what the defense gives him. If he plays timid we'll lose more offense than we would if he runs it more because he's running when he's supposed to.

The only offense we're losing is whatever the difference between Bunch and Gebbia is.

• Plus1 4

Is Martinez the most refined passer? No. But his legs are dangerous enough that he's going to have some pretty wide open throwing lanes. Go back and watch old Oregon and UCF gmaes. The throwing lanes aren't what you typically see. Most of the time guys are running wide open down field or there is an "easy" route to help the QB out. 

3 minutes ago, wiuhusker said:

Is Martinez the most refined passer? No. But his legs are dangerous enough that he's going to have some pretty wide open throwing lanes. Go back and watch old Oregon and UCF gmaes. The throwing lanes aren't what you typically see. Most of the time guys are running wide open down field or there is an "easy" route to help the QB out. 

This can’t be emphasized enough. Frost’s offense doesn’t force the QB’s to throw into tight windows or make difficult passes. The offense is designed to confuse the defense and having receivers in open spaces. It’s the QB’s job to make the quick decision and deliver the pass quickly.

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, Ziebol said:

The takes today have been absolute bonkers. Ranging from Frost has lost the team to every California player leaving because they will follow Gebbia.

Hadn't heard the first one. The player interviews today say otherwise. The players don't seem to give a crap he left except one of them made the comment that he liked him.

5 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

This can’t be emphasized enough. Frost’s offense doesn’t force the QB’s to throw into tight windows or make difficult passes. The offense is designed to confuse the defense and having receivers in open spaces. It’s the QB’s job to make the quick decision and deliver the pass quickly.

There's a good reason that Frost's QB's have led the nation or have been hear the top in QB efficiency the last few years. None of the guys have been crazy accurate throwers. Just the simple fact that guys are so wide open or there is an easy option built into every play. It's not rocket science. 

• Plus1 1

you guys missed the point.........i am not worried about his throwing the ball, but i am worried when he runs an option, one good hit and he could be out for awhile....glad ya'll have faith in Bunch, our walk on QB and only back up...hope it all works out....T-Magic was the s#!t until the one shoe string tackle that jacked up the rest of his season....i still remember that hit.

• Plus1 5
7 minutes ago, Hunter94 said:

you guys missed the point.........i am not worried about his throwing the ball, but i am worried when he runs an option, one good hit and he could be out for awhile....glad ya'll have faith in Bunch, our walk on QB and only back up...hope it all works out....T-Magic was the s#!t until the one shoe string tackle that jacked up the rest of his season....i still remember that hit.

Who missed the point? Everyone is talking about him running the ball, and why we need him to run the ball, e.g. it opens up the passing game.

I'd appreciate some clarity and specificity on who exactly is the topic of this thread.

He. His.....who the hell are we talking about?

The OP sure doesn't help clarify. If it's AM or Bunch, add his name in there somewhere.

And assuming it is one of our top 2 quarterbacks, should we really be any more concerned about an injury than we have been for the last 6 years? Personally I'm more comfortable with Bunch taking snaps than the situation we've been in for quite awhile. You can't play this game with hesitancy and fear of injury. If it happens, it happens. At least Frost will have some backups prepared. That's light years ahead of what Riley ever did.

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, JJ Husker said:

I'd appreciate some clarity and specificity on who exactly is the topic of this thread.

He. His.....who the hell are we talking about?

The OP sure doesn't help clarify. If it's AM or Bunch, add his name in there somewhere.

And assuming it is one of our top 2 quarterbacks, should we really be any more concerned about an injury than we have been for the last 6 years? Personally I'm more comfortable with Bunch taking snaps than the situation we've been in for quite awhile. You can't play this game with hesitancy and fear of injury. If it happens, it happens. At least Frost will have some backups prepared. That's light years ahead of what Riley ever did.

He's talking about running it less with Martinez because Gebbia is gone. It's not gonna happen.

• Plus1 1
27 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

He's talking about running it less with Martinez because Gebbia is gone. It's not gonna happen.

It's so crazy, it just might work :facepalm:

Man, TG bolting sure does have some people worked up. I figure he's never taken any snaps here before, and he never will, so as far as I'm concerned, he was never here to begin with.

1 hour ago, wiuhusker said:

Frost said Martinez was close to Gebbia passing wise. But what made the difference is AM’s ability to run. Against Auburn, UCF in the second half faced very tight coverage, but Milton threw some perfect strikes — that made the difference. That speaks well of Milton. But yes, much of the year the receivers were wide open.