0-2

The Dude

42 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Because it's the worst 2-game start to the season since the 1950's.  Last year was absolutely not worse in that regard.

The point, I guess, is to discuss freshly broken futility records.  It's topical and significant.   

You see this year and last year as different.  Because a rain storm washed out our first game this year and we won that first game to go 1-2 last year.  Yeah, last year.  Talk about moral victories using useless stats.  Historically, when is the last time Nebraska cancelled a game because of rain?

I see the same record as last year, with much better defensive performance and a coach that take losses harder then players or bulletin board members.

• Plus1 1

I guess you could say I’m apathetic in that I’m being patient and not going to worry much about this season. I don’t think this season’s results will be a good predictor of Frost’s time here. (Unless of course we start winning ;))

I’ve waited a long time for this team to be good. I can wait another year or 2.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
4 hours ago, InOmaha said:

You see this year and last year as different.  Because a rain storm washed out our first game this year and we won that first game to go 1-2 last year.  Yeah, last year.  Talk about moral victories using useless stats.  Historically, when is the last time Nebraska cancelled a game because of rain?

I see the same record as last year, with much better defensive performance and a coach that take losses harder then players or bulletin board members.

A cancelled game isn't a victory.  It doesn't matter if you see it that way.

• Plus1 1

I don't think patience with a new coaching staff should be mistaken for apathy. Am I concerned about our worst start in 50 years? Yes. Am I going to sound the alarm and put Frost on the hot seat? No. Apathy would be not worrying about the team improving at all during the year. If we play the same way against Iowa we played against Colorado I'll be concerned. So I'm not apathetic right now, I'm just going to give Frost time to make an impact without comparing him to historic years. 

• Plus1 1
On 9/19/2018 at 8:34 AM, The Dude said:

I'm not sure if it's more concerning Nebraska is off to its worst start in 61 years or so many people don't care Nebraska is off to its worst start in 61 years.

On 9/21/2018 at 7:48 AM, The Dude said:

I wouldn't say annoying. But the apathy is concerning.

On 9/21/2018 at 8:31 AM, The Dude said:

Because it's the worst 2-game start to the season since the 1950's.  Last year was absolutely not worse in that regard.

The point, I guess, is to discuss freshly broken futility records.  It's topical and significant.   

Maybe relax a bit about being 0–2 and recognize what actually looks better about the program and realize the wins will be coming. Frost is not happy with how they’re playing or with where they’re at right now. He won’t rest until it’s turned around. It’s not like the last three guys. One didn’t care about losing, one thought 9 meaningless was good enough and one had absolutely no idea what Nebraska football even meant. This is different. We don’t have to be as concerned as fans because finally the person that can most impact things is the one that cares the most.