Trump's Money

16 minutes ago, knapplc said:

That's just the ego-bruising part of this for Trump.

The tip of the spear is the tax fraud the documents claim he was engaged in. 

Yes.

But it’s still funny/sad thinking back to all the arguments about how amazing and smart Trump must be because he’s a billionaire. Getting $500 million to start with and becoming a billionaire isn’t even against the odds. It would be hard not to become a billionaire if you were given $500 million thru the 80s and 90s.

• Plus1 3

9 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Getting $500 million to start with and becoming a billionaire isn’t even against the odds. It would be hard not to become a billionaire if you were given $500 million thru the 80s and 90s. 

Did you write this tweet?

• Plus1 1

One thing that O'Brien tweet exposes that's tangential to this thread but really irks me - what the hell does the government need with 55% of Donald Trump's father's money when he transfers it to his children at his death?  That's not just excessive taxation, that's sick. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

So Trump benefitted from hundreds of millions of dollars illegally sheltered from taxation by the government?

If I'm understanding reality correctly, that would mean that he and his family have taken more than they've given, which would make him a freeloader. Right?

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 4
32 minutes ago, knapplc said:

One thing that O'Brien tweet exposes that's tangential to this thread but really irks me - what the hell does the government need with 55% of Donald Trump's father's money when he transfers it to his children at his death?  That's not just excessive taxation, that's sick. 

I agree.

51 minutes ago, knapplc said:

One thing that O'Brien tweet exposes that's tangential to this thread but really irks me - what the hell does the government need with 55% of Donald Trump's father's money when he transfers it to his children at his death?  That's not just excessive taxation, that's sick

Off topic but I do agree with this.  The Govt death tax just isn't right - they are taxing money that has already been taxed (but apparently you never know about the Trumps however if it was ever taxed -_-)

:backtotopic

I wonder how that tax audit is going:facepalm:??  This confirms what most of us knew based on his character and history - he is a sham, an empty suit, he got elected on the false pretense of being a savvy businessman.  Instead he is a tax evader and most likely a Manchurian candidate aided by the Russians to do their bidding. 

• Plus1 1
57 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Well its exempt, up to like 5.5 million now before it's even touched, and the rate used to be as high as 77%.

Personally I have no problem with it, even at the higher rate, but I doubt it was ever not "dodged" by the ultra-wealthy through trusts and whatever else.  I don't like the idea of American royalty though.

• Plus1 2