Official Visit Lists: 247 - Husker Online
HOL Tracking All Visits

QB - 1 - RICHARD TORRES
RB - 1 - ASHTON HAYES
WR - 2 - VICTOR JONESGRANT PAGE
TE - 1 - CHASE ANDROFF
OT - 1 - 
OG/C - 1 - 

DL - 1 - HAYDEN SCHWARTZ, Kenneth GrantDomonique OrangeTrevon McAlpineBen Roberts
ILB - 1 - ERNEST HAUSMANN

OLB - 1-2 -  JAKE APPLEGETTyler Martin

CB - 1-2 - Avery PowellJordan AllenBenjamin Morrison
S - 1 - 

Early enrollees:

Torres

Edited by Mavric
Updated

Just now, Mavric said:

I think I saw recently where Torres is graduating in December so he would be an early enrollee.

• Thanks 1

I've heard talk of expanding the 25 number.  And that would probably be good.

But Nebraska's issue right now - and probably a lot of other schools - has nothing to do with 25 in this class.  We are way under that because they apparently are not going to expand the 85 limit (past this year) even though everyone got an extra year.

• Plus1 2

9 hours ago, Mavric said:

I don't know what that article says but 13 has been the number I've seen most lately.

How often do top tier programs sign such small classes? I know I remember seeing USC take a few small classes but they are setting the world on fire lately. Seems like you want to push the 20-25 annually if at all possible. Whether that is moving on from non-contributors/transfers etc. 

• Plus1 1
Just now, Hedley Lamarr said:

How often do top tier programs sign such small classes? I know I remember seeing USC take a few small classes but they are setting the world on fire lately. Seems like you want to push the 20-25 annually if at all possible. Whether that is moving on from non-contributors/transfers etc. 

Only when they have global pandemics that lead to the NCAA granting an extra year of eligibility for all current players but only expand the roster limits for one year.

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Only when they have global pandemics that lead to the NCAA granting an extra year of eligibility for all current players but only expand the roster limits for one year.

What they should do/have done is grant all players the extra year of eligibility but have them count towards their initial class number. Basically if they are a Jr again then they dont count against total scholarships as a senior etc. This way you "keep" it at 85 total but allow for it to not impact high school players opportunities. 

• Plus1 1
9 hours ago, Mavric said:

I don't know what that article says but 13 has been the number I've seen most lately.

The last two paragraphs.

There is a wildcard in how things shake out with the numbers. Schools still don’t have guidance from the NCAA. We don’t know for sure how players that take advantage of the extra season will count against scholarship numbers in the future. It is widely assumed that there will be no change to the numbers in the future. Let’s say Adrian Martinez decides to use his extra year in 2022. It would count against Nebraska’s scholarship total. Also, the Huskers only have eight players on the roster that are seniors.

The Huskers are determining the final scholarship numbers for the 2022 class. Plenty of factors will determine the end result. Keep something else in mind. Its easier for Nebraska to keep the number at 13 now and expand to 16. Going the other way if more players commit than the team can take is more difficult.

• Plus1 1

5 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Mav is correct, Nebraska had quite a few seniors come back, more than other teams, leaving Nebraska close to the 85 limit. We really can't take a large class this cycle.

That does not excuse the quality of the class, however. Nebraska is one of two teams in the B1G along with Illinois not to have a single 4* player. Our class also ranks dead last in the conference. This has something to do with class size - but also with player quality.

• Plus1 2
3 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

What they should do/have done is grant all players the extra year of eligibility but have them count towards their initial class number. Basically if they are a Jr again then they dont count against total scholarships as a senior etc. This way you "keep" it at 85 total but allow for it to not impact high school players opportunities. 

I personally don't believe this class will make or break the program.  If we get a few major contributors, great.  But, with all the super seniors we will have in the next few years, this small class won't have a major affect on results.

• Haha 1
Just now, BigRedBuster said:

I personally don't believe this class will make or break the program.  If we get a few major contributors, great.  But, with all the super seniors we will have in the next few years, this small class won't have a major affect on results.

It all comes down to a numbers game in regards to hits and misses. More you take the more chances of hits you have. Would you rather bat .500 with 20 kids or 14? 10 hits vs 7 hits is a big difference when talking 22 starters. 

• Plus1 1

One wild card that I just thought of is that it will be interesting to see what happens after the season.  Will we have a bunch of players that aren't major contributors moving on which will add to the total we can take?  If so, there might be more good HS players not committed yet for the spring signing period.  Right now, we only have 8 seniors.  But, if a bunch of non contributing juniors don't stick around, this number could increase in the spring.

3 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

It all comes down to a numbers game in regards to hits and misses. More you take the more chances of hits you have. Would you rather bat .500 with 20 kids or 14? 10 hits vs 7 hits is a big difference when talking 22 starters. 

I get that.  But, with so many players getting an extra year, that will be masked some.

• Haha 2
3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I go back and forth on this. Overall I tend to think that this class probably won't matter for the reasons you've cited - however it does mean that we're doubling down on our current roster. The results in the field suggest that is dubious. 

Furthermore, I do think not bringing in a single 4* player - which seems likely - isn't a good sign. Even with a small class you hope to sign 3 or 4 such players.