Next 4 Games

huskerguy

5 minutes ago, desertshox said:

remember this is his first year as a OL and a center. he might just still be trying to do to much instead of letting the game come to him. he'll be fine once the game slows down for him more.

+1

I think he's incredibly naturally strong. When he gets another year of lifting under him and is also someday surrounded by the likes of Banks, Benhart, & Corcoran he/our line is going to be great.

• Plus1 1

On 10/1/2019 at 8:25 AM, Undone said:

The snaps have to improve if we're going to win the next four games. I'm pretty surprised that we're still seeing those.

If Martinez is standing back there pre-snap wondering if the ball is going to get to him fine or fly over his head its a major problem, IMO.  Jumping for the ball when he doesn't need to means he is anticipating it, that's not where his head needs to be before every play,   nervous.  

• Plus1 1
12 hours ago, HuskerPwr said:

I remember seeing bad snaps in the spring game and assuming they would get it fixed during fall camp.

IMO it's a mental thing as much as physical at this point. It's not just needing more reps at center, he's got a case of the yips that needs to be processed through. If he starts snapping poorly again I would pull him for a series or two, calm him down and let him practice snaps on the sidelines a bit. Then give him another shot. Don't think just leaving him in there when his snaps are bad is doing him or the team any favors.