Next 4 Games

huskerguy

9 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Martinez will be fine and that has little to do with what I am talking about but ok

If what you're talking about is the O line then maintaining the status quo has everything to do with how we do against Wisconsin. If we keep running an old fashioned passing attack that puts our QB at his worst, then we can expect an old fashioned beatdown in that game as well. With the number of skill players available there are ways for our offense to mitigate that damage. Our defense is another story. So ok then.

15 minutes ago, huskerfan74 said:

What proof do you have that martinez did not have more bad plays than good? The only game he played well the entire game is the northern Illinois game. The rest of the games have been a mixed batch. Yesterday, was a complete disaster. Also, have you seen Minnesota play? Their OL is better than ours.

I mean if you want I can go back through and look but I can promise you he hasn't made more bad plays then good. How many TDs vs how many turnovers? That isn't everything but he has more TDs so yea, he's made more good plays than bad. I have watched Minnesota. Their QB has been under pressure alot and they have a hard time running the ball and they haven't played anyone with a great front 7 yet. Don't see that improving as they get into the meat of their schedule

11 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

If what you're talking about is the O line then maintaining the status quo has everything to do with how we do against Wisconsin. If we keep running an old fashioned passing attack that puts our QB at his worst, then we can expect an old fashioned beatdown in that game as well. With the number of skill players available there are ways for our offense to mitigate that damage. Our defense is another story. So ok then.

Yea so you don't have any clue what I'm talking about. Good to know. We match up better against Wisconsin than OSU by a longshot end of story.

Wisconsins D line isn't disruptive like OSUs is. Wisconsin doesn't have athletes on the peremiter we can't match up with. Wisconsin has an average QB. These all play to our advantage in a major way. We actually aren't half bad at stopping the run. Wisconsin is a good match up for us.

Our team has no identity...there is nothing in particular that is a strength in our team. We are not sound in the kicking game, we do not have good passing. In fact, Speilman makes Martinez look better than he actually is because he makes incredible catches. Our running game is still struggling except for some stretches were we show what we are capable of. However, thus far, it does not seem like our team has established an identity and it shows.

As for the discussion about Wisconsin, Jonathan Taylor is going to have a record breaking performance against us. We have not proven that we can stop a stronger running back. I hope the game is close but I feel that Wisconsin is going to come locked and loaded and ready to kick a$$.

12 minutes ago, Redux said:

I'm guessing we go 3-1 in the next 4 honestly.  I really can't pick one we lose to.  We beat Northwestern handily.

Really?  There isn’t a game on our schedule that is a given W right now.  So many holes to patch up, we don’t do 1 thing well.  I hope 2-2.  I hope we can get to 6 wins.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
17 hours ago, 10_point_buck said:

Really?  There isn’t a game on our schedule that is a given W right now.  So many holes to patch up, we don’t do 1 thing well.  I hope 2-2.  I hope we can get to 6 wins.

Yes, really.  I'm guessing 3-1 with a loss that shouldn't be a loss.  Northwestern is a dumpster fire.  Minny is likely our toughest one to go.  I think we can beat Purdue and Indiana.

Laugh all you want.  We just faced the toughest team in the country, we should be able to regroup and handle half or more of the next 3 teams.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
13 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Yea so you don't have any clue what I'm talking about. Good to know. We match up better against Wisconsin than OSU by a longshot end of story.

Wisconsins D line isn't disruptive like OSUs is. Wisconsin doesn't have athletes on the peremiter we can't match up with. Wisconsin has an average QB. These all play to our advantage in a major way. We actually aren't half bad at stopping the run. Wisconsin is a good match up for us.

OK then, the mystery is revealed. We will see how their D line matches up with our O line. I expect another beatdown on both sides of the ball if serious improvement isn't made by then. In college practice time 5 weeks is like tomorrow...so, no.

1 minute ago, Hayseed said:

OK then, the mystery is revealed. We will see how their D line matches up with our O line. I expect another beatdown on both sides of the ball if serious improvement isn't made by then. In college practice time 5 weeks is like tomorrow...so, no.

I'm not saying they won't give us problems, I'm just saying its a better matchup. We seemed to improve plenty in 5 weeks last season. But I see you aren't into to talkimg actually football, just whining about how much we suck. Carry on

What the OP is saying was exactly what was on my mind heading into this game. If we can find some way to be 7-2 when Wisconsin comes to town in mid-November, this could turn out to be a pretty good season potentially.

I think the hard part is just trying to understand what's going on with Martinez. At some point he has to turn the corner and stand strong in the pocket and also hit guys when they're open for four full quarters in a big game. 

By and large, he's usually better when he rolls out. I believe that's because he doesn't feel the nerves of thinking he's going to get sacked. Frost just has to keep working with him to try to iron out some of his issues. But he's definitely our guy, and I still believe his ceiling is pretty high.

• Plus1 1

Hayseed, my advice is to just let it go. Nebfanatic likes to have the last word so just let him. Going back and forth will not resolve this argument. The game will come soon and we will see who is right. In my opinion, if we don’t turn the corner very quickly, the Wisconsin beat down might be even worse than the Ohio state beat down. The next four weeks will tell us a lot about what this team is all about. Talk is cheap and Frost needs to deliver on what he promises the fans. I have heard him so many times saying that things will get better, well, I am eager to see when. 

3 hours ago, huskerfan74 said:

Hayseed, my advice is to just let it go. Nebfanatic likes to have the last word so just let him. Going back and forth will not resolve this argument. The game will come soon and we will see who is right. In my opinion, if we don’t turn the corner very quickly, the Wisconsin beat down might be even worse than the Ohio state beat down. The next four weeks will tell us a lot about what this team is all about. Talk is cheap and Frost needs to deliver on what he promises the fans. I have heard him so many times saying that things will get better, well, I am eager to see when. 

I don't mind discussing anything, even if they completely disagree with me, I just don't like snarky comments insinuating that they're some football genius and I just don't get it when I've clearly explained it to them. I think we'll do both, do fine against most teams, but Wisconsin may be out of our league this year unless some serious changes are made to minimize our obvious deficiencies. And I think we're gonna need a Lavonte David type to start going hog wild on defense.