The Biden / Ukraine Scandal

knapplc

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

It's just that, consistently, there are people who come here and cannot or will not do that. And when they prove they are not interested in honest discussion, I feel like they've been given more than enough chance to do otherwise.

I said that there was smoke (see above), and where there is smoke there is often fire.

My statement was that based on the above, there should be an investigation.

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Apsu said:

Two plus years... and it was a big fat nothingburger.

49 minutes ago, Apsu said:

Except if you bothered to read the report, or read the reports on the report it wasn't. Kushner and Jr. we're basically all but charged with conspiracy. The only reason they weren't is because the special counsel didn't think they could put a dollar amount on it to meet the legal definition. Russia had a highly coordinate effort to influence the election, and there are multiple ongoing cases that were redacted in the report. Trump himself would likely be found guilty of obstruction if Barr wasn't shielding him.

But yeah, a nothing burger. For someone who claims to be about the truth you sure don't seem to actually care about it.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
50 minutes ago, Apsu said:

Two plus years... and it was a big fat nothingburger.

John Solomons reporting on this matter has been discredited and that is the 'source' for the information you posted.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/how-a-conservative-columnist-helped-push-a-flawed-ukraine-narrative/2019/09/26/1654026e-dee7-11e9-8dc8-498eabc129a0_story.html

• Thanks 2
6 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Except if you bothered to read the report, or read the reports on the report it wasn't. Kushner and Jr. we're basically all but charged with conspiracy. The only reason they weren't is because the special counsel didn't think they could put a dollar amount on it to meet the legal definition. Russia had a highly coordinate effort to influence the election, and there are multiple ongoing cases that were redacted in the report. Trump himself would likely be found guilty of obstruction if Barr wasn't shielding him.

But yeah, a nothing burger. For someone who claims to be about the truth you sure don't seem to actually care about it.

It was a nothing burger, but the Democrats did get the cold war they wanted.

Either they were charged, or they weren't. This isn't horseshoes where close to the stake matters.

55 minutes ago, Apsu said:

I said that there was smoke (see above), and where there is smoke there is often fire.

My statement was that based on the above, there should be an investigation. 

How can you say this about Biden and conversely call the Russia investigation a nothing burger?

You're betraying your biases here, friend. You're all over the place ITT.

• Plus1 3

1 minute ago, Apsu said:

It was a nothing burger, but the Democrats did get the cold war they wanted.

Either they were charged, or they weren't. This isn't horseshoes where close to the stake matters.

for someone who hates trump...you sure do like his talking points.

• Plus1 4
11 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

John Solomons reporting on this matter has been discredited and that is the 'source' for the information you posted.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/how-a-conservative-columnist-helped-push-a-flawed-ukraine-narrative/2019/09/26/1654026e-dee7-11e9-8dc8-498eabc129a0_story.html

We need an investigation where people answer questions under oath, and the accounting books can be reviewed.

Or we can keep throwing s#!t at each other from people with vested interests.

Note: I am done commenting on this topic.

• Haha 1
Just now, Apsu said:

We need an investigation where people answer questions under oath, and the accounting books can be reviewed.

Or we can keep throwing s#!t at each other from people with vested interests.

Note: I am done commenting on this topic.

What is the investigation for, who is doing the investigating, and what is the reasonable grounds for the investigation? Because still all I am seeing is Biden doing his job on behalf of the US. The only information you posted was a blog post of information taken from a John Solomon opinion piece which has since been discredited. So we come to the same end here. What exactly should Biden be investigated for and what is the probable cause for the investigation? Why hasn't he been investigated yet if this information has been out there for months and Barr is AG? Seems like there are no roadblocks to an investigation. Well except any actual evidence of wrongdoing.

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

How can you say this about Biden and conversely call the Russia investigation a nothing burger?

You're betraying your biases here, friend. You're all over the place ITT.

One last comment, since it is not specifically about Ukraine. It is about the difference between a progressive and a neoliberal, and why progressives know that Russiagate was a load of crap.

1) Hillary lost because she was a s#!tty candidate who ran a terrible campaign. Everyone knows that the DNC (legally) rigged the primary so she would win, they have admitted it in court. The DNC refuses to admit how terrible she was and how rigged the super delegate process is, so they blamed Russia instead. And the neoliberal base bought it. Progressives believe that the primary was stolen from Sanders , and want to see real reform. Instead we got token reform, and the DNC and alligned media are up to their old tricks again.

2) Progressives are generally anti-war, and neoliberals are pro-war. The Democrats have surpassed the Republicans as the party of war. back in 2014 Glenn Greenwald wrote that many neoconservatives started crossing party lines to the Democrats once it had been predetermined that Hillary Clinton would be the nominee. She pushed for no-fly zones in Syria and Ukraine (gauranteed to start hot wars) and wanted to further arm Daesh in Syria. She lost, but Russiagate did give the arms industry the cold war that they wanted.

• Haha 2

What are the chances Apsu is a troll here to confuse and spread conspiracy theories on behalf of a person/nation/other with an agenda. Account created June 2nd. Who would know this??

This was posted Sept. 5th. 

Note: I hope the regular denizens of the Politics and Religion board do not mind me posting here. HuskerBoard rules had been no posting here until you reach 250 posts, which I am far short of. But thanks to David Max's new software upgrade, that limitation did not get included. Hopefully I will be slightly less annoying than the plethora of advertisements that are sure to follow.
  •  
  • Plus1 3
31 minutes ago, commando said:

for someone who hates trump...you sure do like his talking points.

I have called Trump an orange anal wart at least a half dozen times, described him as corruption incarnate, and posted in support of the impeachment inquiry. I guess that wasn't strong enough to be on record as someone who does not support him.

Regarding Russiagate...

1) Hillary lost because she was a s#!tty candidate who ran a terrible campaign. Everyone knows that the DNC (legally) rigged the primary so she would win, they have admitted it in court. The DNC refuses to admit how terrible she was and how rigged the super delegate process is, so they blamed Russia instead. And the neoliberal base bought it. Progressives believe that the primary was stolen from Sanders , and want to see real reform. Instead we got token reform, and the DNC and alligned media are up to their old tricks again.

2) Progressives are generally anti-war, and neoliberals are pro-war. The Democrats have surpassed the Republicans as the party of war. back in 2014 Glenn Greenwald wrote that many neoconservatives started crossing party lines to the Democrats once it had been predetermined that Hillary Clinton would be the nominee. She pushed for no-fly zones in Syria and Ukraine (gauranteed to start hot wars) and wanted to further arm Daesh in Syria. She lost, but Russiagate did give the arms industry the cold war that they wanted.

• Haha 1
7 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

What are the chances Apsu is a troll here to confuse and spread conspiracy theories on behalf of Trump. Account created June 2nd. Who would know this??

You won't find out, because you are blocked.

8 minutes ago, Apsu said:

I have called Trump an orange anal wart at least a half dozen times, described him as corruption incarnate, and posted in support of the impeachment inquiry. I guess that wasn't strong enough to be on record as someone who does not support him.

Regarding Russiagate...

like him or not...you are still repeating trumps talking points.   grats.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1