The Biden / Ukraine Scandal

knapplc

32 minutes ago, knapplc said:

This has been my theory since about two pages into this thread, which is when I first paid any attention to them.

I wonder if anyone else has noticed that for the last, say, seven or eight years we've had a rather steady diet of people come into P&R and do exactly what Apsu is doing. Circular logic, nothing concrete, just trying to confuse debates. Won't be pinned down, won't provide facts, just keeps hammering the same talking points the GOP pushes.

I know for a fact that one of our not-so-dearly departed former members was a prominent member of the Nebraska GOP. I don't think any of this is a coincidence.

My hackles have been up since they purposefully f-ed up the Prayer thread a couple weeks ago. 

• Plus1 1

45 minutes ago, knapplc said:

This has been my theory since about two pages into this thread, which is when I first paid any attention to them.

I wonder if anyone else has noticed that for the last, say, seven or eight years we've had a rather steady diet of people come into P&R and do exactly what Apsu is doing. Circular logic, nothing concrete, just trying to confuse debates. Won't be pinned down, won't provide facts, just keeps hammering the same talking points the GOP pushes.

I know for a fact that one of our not-so-dearly departed former members was a prominent member of the Nebraska GOP. I don't think any of this is a coincidence.

I think you may be right. We've seen this "I hate both sides and Trump is awful but all my complaints are somehow about the Democrats" shtick before.

If they're not here in bad faith to push an agenda of almost exclusively Republican talking points, they're certainly not the most discerning individual.

• Plus1 2
Just now, Danny Bateman said:

I think you may be right. We've seen this "I hate both sides and Trump is awful but all my complaints are somehow about the Democrats" shtick before.

If they're not here in bad faith to push an agenda of almost exclusively Republican talking points, they're certainly not the most discerning individual. 

The belief would have to be that, completely randomly, these people show up over and over and over, never many at the same time, but super focused on P&R and on doing the exact same things - confusing, obfuscating, casting doubt, etc.

One or two would be a coincidence. But a sustained pattern over years begs the question of what's going on. 

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, knapplc said:

The belief would have to be that, completely randomly, these people show up over and over and over, never many at the same time, but super focused on P&R and on doing the exact same things - confusing, obfuscating, casting doubt, etc.

One or two would be a coincidence. But a sustained pattern over years begs the question of what's going on. 

Here's Suspect A...

Image result for kirk ferentz

• Haha 2
2 hours ago, knapplc said:

Honest question here:

In my earlier days - did I come across that way?  I hope not.  Although I know I was not an Obama fan way back then, I hope I didn't come across that way. If so, I apologize.  I like to think I presented my conservative ideas because I believe in them and not because the 'other side' was the enemy.   I do know at one time years ago I was a big Glenn Beck fan.  So glad that is behind me.  I've always thought the P&R thread was a good place to learn from someone with diff opinions and figure out if you are standing on solid ground or not.  I use to think GWB was right in what he did in Iraq too.  Well it is good to be open minded enough to learn from others but yet still not tossed by every opinion. 

1 hour ago, TGHusker said:

Honest question here:

In my earlier days - did I come across that way?  

Nope - you came to discuss and learn, as did many of us.  I appreciated and still do your perspective because it differs from mine in many ways.  

This forum has actually helped me in my real life be better about listening and being patient - really.  And as much as I dislike the tools, they're actually really good practice for dinners with family.  :-) 

On 10/2/2019 at 2:19 PM, TGHusker said:

Honest question here:

In my earlier days - did I come across that way?  I hope not.  Although I know I was not an Obama fan way back then, I hope I didn't come across that way. If so, I apologize.  I like to think I presented my conservative ideas because I believe in them and not because the 'other side' was the enemy.   I do know at one time years ago I was a big Glenn Beck fan.  So glad that is behind me.  I've always thought the P&R thread was a good place to learn from someone with diff opinions and figure out if you are standing on solid ground or not.  I use to think GWB was right in what he did in Iraq too.  Well it is good to be open minded enough to learn from others but yet still not tossed by every opinion. 

Not at all. You along with most of the regulars on P&R have the ability to discuss topics logically, support your points with evidence, and listen to opposing views. Maybe Apsu will come around, but I suspect it'll just be more talking points without evidence and circular logic.