Trump's Syria Atrocities

12 hours ago, funhusker said:

I’m starting to understand.  Thanks for the discussion.   

I’m sure we disagree on a lot of policies.  I mostly relate to the Traditional DNC or Republicans like Kasich: “centrist” I guess...

I’m fine with “progressives” using the DNC as a vehicle for pushing ideas, some might be good. Primaries are a great place for the parties to react to changes in the base.   But I wholeheartedly disagree with the idea of taking your voice out of the general election just because a candidate doesn’t check all your boxes. And then being fine letting a candidate you know is worse for progressive beliefs take the office to prove some kind of moral point.

Most people can't understand those who do not subscribe to one of the two party lines. Unfortunately we have a two party system where your choice are one of the two evils, a protest vote for a third party, or to stay at home. Since American voter turnout is low, it seems that a near majority often picks the latter.

Many people blame progressives who did not vote for Hillary as being idealistic purists. Others say as you did, that "a candidate doesn’t check all your boxes". Well, Hillary did not check any of my major boxes. Neither did Trump, other than opposing TPP and TPIP. And as I said many times before, with both candidates really sucking (like our performance today vs Minnesota), that the most important thing for me was to hope for a progressive alternative in 2020. And that sure as heck would not be from the Republicans.

That was not an attempt at a moral point, it was 100% calculated pragmatism.

4 minutes ago, Apsu said:

Most people can't understand those who do not subscribe to one of the two party lines. Unfortunately we have a two party system where your choice are one of the two evils, a protest vote for a third party, or to stay at home. Since American voter turnout is low, it seems that a near majority often picks the latter.

Many people blame progressives who did not vote for Hillary as being idealistic purists. Others say as you did, that "a candidate doesn’t check all your boxes". Well, Hillary did not check any of my major boxes. Neither did Trump, other than opposing TPP and TPIP. And as I said many times before, with both candidates really sucking (like our performance today vs Minnesota), that the most important thing for me was to hope for a progressive alternative in 2020. And that sure as heck would not be from the Republicans.

That was not an attempt at a moral point, it was 100% calculated pragmatism.

To the bolded, no, but progress is being made.

bk82tkyic0sqaulbp34asq.png