The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

Well I don't know about you guys but if they do pass the 2000 dollar one, I will personally kiss all the people that voted to pass it.

For the people that really need it, that is a nice amount, it really is.  600 is okay but 2,000 can actually help people that really need help.

For people that don't "need" 2,000, it will help boost the economy a bit, I know there are people that don't believe in that theory but we tend to spend what we make.  I will spend some of that 2,000 on things I would normally not bother buying.  So will most of us.

• Plus1 2
9 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Remember the days of Pelosi calling a $2500 increase in take home pay peanuts and now $600 is awesome to her

Ummm.......Might want to check out who the policians were that originally wanted more than $600.

Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi says that although the $600 stimulus check wasn’t the amount of money she and her Democratic colleagues advocated for, that it’s still a ‘significant’ amount.

LINK

10 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Ummm.......Might want to check out who the policians were that originally wanted more than $600.

LINK

It is not a significant amount, but it still helps.

Anyway, I am just glad that they will all be agreeing on 2,000 dollars now.  Which is, I think, a significant amount.

I "teach" a PE class over the summer for an extra 3,000.  I find that to be pretty significant.  I don't think I would do it for 600 dollars though.

• Plus1 1
Just now, teachercd said:

It is not a significant amount, but it still helps.

Anyway, I am just glad that they will all be agreeing on 2,000 dollars now.  Which is, I think, a significant amount.

I "teach" a PE class over the summer for an extra 3,000.  I find that to be pretty significant.  I don't think I would do it for 600 dollars though.

Any further stimulus would have to get past Mitch’s desk. I’m not sold it will. At least trump supporters and dems will have a common enemy in Mitch. 

• Plus1 2

6 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

McConnell did

Ummm......

LINK

President Donald Trump on Tuesday night launched a surprise push to hike the stimulus checks in the COVID-19 relief package to $2,000 per person from $600.

Democrats cheered his demand, piling pressure on Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell and leaving him in a no-win situation.

Democratic leaders cheered Trump's announcement, saying they supported $2,000 checks and noting that Republicans had blocked earlier proposals with bigger checks.

"We spent months trying to secure $2000 checks but Republicans blocked it," Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer tweeted.

This leaves the next move to McConnell, who has for months insisted on a smaller stimulus package and has rejected Democratic proposals for $1,200 checks.

• Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Ummm......

LINK

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

In July, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) proposed a package that included $1,200 checks to many individuals and $500 for each qualifying child.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.latimes.com/politics/story/2020-09-08/no-stimulus-checks-for-americans-under-revised-gop-coronavirus-relief-package%3f_amp=true

what a fun game.   

• Plus1 2
3 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

In July, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) proposed a package that included $1,200 checks to many individuals and $500 for each qualifying child.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.latimes.com/politics/story/2020-09-08/no-stimulus-checks-for-americans-under-revised-gop-coronavirus-relief-package%3f_amp=true

what a fun game.   

That's in July.  That doesn't have anything to do with this stimulus package and what he pushed for. 

But, thanks for playing along.

Isn't it fun having to do this because you support a party?

• Plus1 1