The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

1 hour ago, Moiraine said:

Can you show us these numbers? I’m seeing personnel (pay and benefits) as 23% of the budget and is the 2nd highest spending category. 

It was linked in the original post. 

These numbers also might change if spending not included in the defense budget (overseas operations, VA spending, etc.) Are included. This is probably why some sources cite 39% or 23%.

3 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Unless I missed it, you still never answers where the benefits are full of fraud comes from.   I’m sure there is some fraud just like every corner of the country.  But full of fraud is a strong statement for military benefits. 

This is from my personal experience, I work with predominantly ex-military members. The number of people that fit the description I mentioned is surprisingly high. 'Hearing loss' is probably the most common disability I've heard gossipped about.

Certainly there is enough that many individuals gossip about it or know somebody who has abused the disability status system. This, of course, happens with any disability system, military or otherwise.

But investigating fraud in military disability is practical political suicide. 

1 hour ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

This is from my personal experience, I work with predominantly ex-military members. The number of people that fit the description I mentioned is surprisingly high. 'Hearing loss' is probably the most common disability I've heard gossipped about.

Certainly there is enough that many individuals gossip about it or know somebody who has abused the disability status system. This, of course, happens with any disability system, military or otherwise.

But investigating fraud in military disability is practical political suicide. 

Thank you 

• Plus1 1

7 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Oh man...2,000???

Looks like I will be redoing my basement!  

I know some of you nerds LOVE Nancy, but if she thinks 600 dollars is a big a$$ deal for people...imagine what she will say about 2,000 dollars!

when the negotiations started the dems were asking for a lot more than 600 and the republicans wanted nothing.  nancy has already posted that the dems would change that to $2000 with no hesitation.   will the republicans go along now that trump has finally said something?

3 minutes ago, commando said:

when the negotiations started the dems were asking for a lot more than 600 and the republicans wanted nothing.  nancy has already posted that the dems would change that to $2000 with no hesitation.   will the republicans go along now that trump has finally said something?

She is a loser and has been for years.  They are all losers if they are attaching anything to this bill other than this

Bill 101:  Every American gets X amount of dollars, now.

That is it, that is the bill, nothing else.

Anything else attached to it makes anyone that agrees with that a loser and an a$$h@!e.  The only good news is that lush is drinking herself to death, the bad news is god rewards drunks. 

The good news is, since she is for it, she will do all she can to push it through.  

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
5 minutes ago, teachercd said:

She is a loser and has been for years.  They are all losers if they are attaching anything to this bill other than this

Bill 101:  Every American gets X amount of dollars, now.

That is it, that is the bill, nothing else.

Anything else attached to it makes anyone that agrees with that a loser and an a$$h@!e.  The only good news is that lush is drinking herself to death, the bad news is god rewards drunks. 

The good news is, since she is for it, she will do all she can to push it through.  

8 minutes ago, commando said:

I don't believe that is altogether the true picture.  Check out this on the Repub proposal from Oct 12th

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/10/10/pelosi-dismisses-trump-coronavirus-stimulus-offer.html

Just now, Omaha-Husker said:

The cynic in me thinks he just did this to make noise over those Blackwater pardons.

The bank account in me doesn't give a f#&% :) 

give me more free money!  Anyone that doesn't want theirs, feel free to send me a check.  

Take pie when pie is being passed. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
On 12/4/2020 at 11:20 AM, TGHusker said:

Romney slams Trump lack of leadership on Covid.

https://www.the-sun.com/news/1912441/mitt-romney-donald-trump-covid-tragedy/

Trump proves Romney's point:

While the president continues his silence on the pandemic.  Offering NO leadership as the pandemic has esculated.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/528706-trump-largely-silent-as-health-officials-sound-covid-19-alarm

Yet without Trump there is no operation Warp Speed, and there is no vaccine for Covid.

I realize that this is a foreign concept in the swamp,  but we need to be very thankful that we've had a competent President for the last 4 years.  It's been since 1989 since we last had a competent President.

This man and his policies on the vaccine has saved millions upon millions of lives across the world.

We should all be thankful for his leadership.

• Haha 1