The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

2 hours ago, teachercd said:

Good for that lush!  Hopefully she convinces all the a$$h@!es to vote for it.  

Since she and Trump both agree on it, this should mean 2,000 for all of us here in the next month.

Unfortunately this is Mitch McConnell's party, so even though it would pass, he won't bring it to the floor.

At this point, stimulus helps democrats and Mitch knows this.

I don't think Trump has the stones to actually veto it.

• Plus1 1
14 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

I get it adds complexity, but just ignore this means testing and give it to everyone and take it as taxable income for people making over 100k or whatever the cutoff is. It would be fraction of a rounding error for the federal budget if some people get some money that they probably didn't need.

Oh.....this is priceless.  

So, Trumpers just thought the Democrat’s idea of 2,000 was outrageous.  So, they pass $600. Trump comes out saying he’ll veto it unless there’s 2,000 payments. Trumpers flock to the idea claiming it’s a great idea and Democrats are bad because they only did 600. 

Do I have this right?

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

So, Trumpers just thought the Democrat’s idea of 2,000 was outrageous.  So, they pass $600. Trump comes out saying he’ll veto it unless there’s 2,000 payments. Trumpers flock to the idea claiming it’s a great idea and Democrats are bad because they only did 600. 

Do I have this right?

No

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Do I have this right?

Trumps admin we’re ones in the middle of negotiating the stimulus that passed. The bill has Trump, Pelosi and Mitch fingerprints all over it. But now, somehow, it’s not enough for him, he makes a big scene, then f#&%s off to Florida.