The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

12 hours ago, suh_fan93 said:

Say what Hannity/Fox News????  Have you actually seen the light????????

12 hours ago, commando said:

fox news finally getting on board with vaccinations is something i didn't have on my far right wing Bingo card. but the message will probably return to normal by the weekend.  

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

So, what has happened that caused this about face?  

What will be interesting to see is if this turns into the standard mantra on the network.  And...will the MAGAts in congress like MTG and Boebert start being pro vaccine?

1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

Is that your way of saying you were wrong?  

Wrong about what?  I asked you if you would take a vaccine that hadn't gone through trials yet especially if ramrodded by your idol in his desperate attempt to be reelected.  Is that your way of answering the question?

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
20 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

Wrong about what?  I asked you if you would take a vaccine that hadn't gone through trials yet especially if ramrodded by your idol in his desperate attempt to be reelected.  Is that your way of answering the question?

You insinuated only healthy young people were in the trials not old couch potatoes.  You were wrong 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

Nope.  But you still never answered the question in typical fashion 

Well yes you were wrong as usual as the enrollment data from Biontech/Pfizer clearly shows.  

I did not apply to enroll as I haven’t enrolled in any Phase II or III clinical trial of any drug.  

• Plus1 1

There's always the chance that Hannity is smart enough to advocate for vaccinations because it's the right and accurate thing for a journalist to do, and he cares about the lives of his audience.

He did face a risk, in that his viewers enjoy angry condemnation of whatever Dr. Fauci and the mainstream media want them to believe, and this was clearly an about-face for much of what Fox has been peddling. 

But I do wonder if someone in the talking points lab realized that a world of vaccinated Democrats and unvaccinated Republicans could affect the voting population in key red districts. 

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

There's always the chance that Hannity is smart enough to advocate for vaccinations because it's the right and accurate thing for a journalist to do, and he cares about the lives of his audience.

He did face a risk, in that his viewers enjoy angry condemnation of whatever Dr. Fauci and the mainstream media want them to believe, and this was clearly an about-face for much of what Fox has been peddling. 

But I do wonder if someone in the talking points lab realized that a world of vaccinated Democrats and unvaccinated Republicans could affect the voting population in key red districts. 

Has he been anti-vaccine for Covid-19 prior to this?  I don’t know the answer as I don’t watch his show.  If not, would this be an about face then for him in particular.  If he was, then I would guess he is seeing it from a political lense unless the Delta variant has him seeing the light. 

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Has he been anti-vaccine for Covid-19 prior to this?  I don’t know the answer as I don’t watch his show.  If not, would this be an about face then for him in particular.  If he was, then I would guess he is seeing it from a political lense unless the Delta variant has him seeing the light. 

I'm not sure as I don't watch him much myself, though he and Tucker Carlson are the main influencers for a network that allows and encourages rampant misinformation on all fronts.

It's kinda like people who say they are pro-science and pro-vaccination, yet work to discredit people like Dr. Fauci and enable the same rampant misinformation.  

• Plus1 2
  • Oh Yeah! 2
32 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Well yes you were wrong as usual as the enrollment data from Biontech/Pfizer clearly shows.  

I did not apply to enroll as I haven’t enrolled in any Phase II or III clinical trial of any drug.  

Do you really want to go down the rabbit hole of who's right and who's wrong?  I could go on forever but you voted for a guy that would hold the keys to the nuclear codes who is demonstrably mentally ill.  You didn't make that mistake once, but twice and the light bulb never did come on for you.  I guess birds of a feather.   

You playing the gotcha card has zero credibility.  

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1
26 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

It's kinda like people who say they are pro-science and pro-vaccination, yet work to discredit people like Dr. Fauci and enable the same rampant misinformation.  

Fauci does a fine job discrediting himself.  Kinda like when he claims to not be a part of funding gain of function research, but parses his words when saying his denials.  Won’t commit to saying schools are safe for kids until pretty every last scientist has said so.  Said there is very limited chance the Covid virus accidentally leaked from WIV yet now now says he is interested in finding out.  Saying vaccines wouldn’t be ready till mid summer 2021.  And then, well the mask thingy early on that probably started sowing the distrust.   But ya misinformation and such 

• Plus1 2