The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

I kid, but this was 2020 in a nutshell.  We were fed lies, half and mistruths, outright BS, pipe dream, crap.  There were those of us who never believed any of it but were forced to eat that s**t sammich.  There were those of us who were convinced that s**t on toast might taste pretty good. And then there were those of us who were (and still are) trying to convince everyone that this man's s**t is the best s**t they've ever eaten and it's wonderful on toast, here's a plate.

Which one are you?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, commando said:

fauci said masks would probably help...but we needed all we had for the front line workers so no mask mandate for the public at first.   the right wing propaganda has spun that to no need to wear masks at all.:dunno

As I recall, Fauci did not say people shouldn't be wearing masks because of PPE shortage.  He gave that as a reason after the fact.  He deserves criticism for that.  

That being said....people really need to stop bringing up what was said early in the pandemic as an excuse to do whatever they want right now.

• Plus1 3
1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

Hmmmm…I wonder how they completed trials if no one would take the vaccine prior to a trial completion.   Phase II and III trials  with a patient N of zero?   Interesting 

Pretty much young healthy volunteers not old cranky couch potatoes.  :)

33 minutes ago, Jason Sitoke said:

As I recall, Fauci did not say people shouldn't be wearing masks because of PPE shortage.  He gave that as a reason after the fact.  He deserves criticism for that.  

That being said....people really need to stop bringing up what was said early in the pandemic as an excuse to do whatever they want right now.

it is brought up because it was one of the first steps in the distrust over the messaging from the feds. The populace is told one thing and then it is backtracked. Origins of the virus are another. I hope what people are doing is speaking to their primary care doctor to determine if they should get the vaccine or not. Fauci doesnt know you, Trump, Joe etc dont know you. Talk to your doctor. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

it is brought up because it was one of the first steps in the distrust over the messaging from the feds. The populace is told one thing and then it is backtracked. Origins of the virus are another. I hope what people are doing is speaking to their primary care doctor to determine if they should get the vaccine or not. Fauci doesnt know you, Trump, Joe etc dont know you. Talk to your doctor. 

It doesn't matter to many if their doctor says that they should or not.  People have stopped trusting scientific fact and replaced it with political rhetoric.

P.S. - Obama made it to Oregon.  He did lose Michelle to cholera, and lost Sasha to a wagon crash.

Just now, Hedley Lamarr said:

It is brought up because it is convenient.  You can criticize people for false steps.  Being coy about why Trump loyalists won't take the vaccine by pretending it's a result of earnest concern or critical thought is barely worthy of a retort.  No different than pretending Intelligent Design is a worthy theory that deserves scientific merit.

• Plus1 3

10 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

kind of like someone saying  we had 7 cases...soon to be zero.

7 minutes ago, alexhortdog95 said:

It doesn't matter to many if their doctor says that they should or not.  People have stopped trusting scientific fact and replaced it with political rhetoric.

P.S. - Obama made it to Oregon.  He did lose Michelle to cholera, and lost Sasha to a wagon crash.

Was anyone bitten by a snake?

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, alexhortdog95 said:

Not during this trip.  Did break about 3 axles on the way, though, and ran into a patch of bad water and inadequate grass for the oxen.

I absolutely cannot relate to the pioneers. They were amazingly brave and resourceful people. If my axle had broken trying to get my wagon west, I'd have died there waiting for AAA to be invented. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1