The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

1 minute ago, Archy1221 said:

I mean some people waited for free beer or free lottery tickets or free giveaways to get vaccinated. 

I'm certainly not defending them either.  But in fairness, those people probably knew more about beer than these people know about the difference between EUA and full approval.

• Plus1 1

13 minutes ago, Jason Sitoke said:

To your first point, I don't believe MMR shots ever came up in a political conversation.  To your next point, EUA has rigor built in. It is less rigor, and for good reason.  There are unknowable things right now with the vaccine, that is true.  But it is also unknowable how a previous COVID infection might affect you in 5 years, and yet...people seem to be more than happy to roll the dice.

Exactly so it has MORE rigor built into the full approval. How is it hard to believe that once it passes the same rigor of all other shots we take that it will alleviate a level of hesitancy? You obviously have zero hesitancy in the vaccine which is fine you fully believe that nothing will change once it is fully approved. Those who are hesitant are simply waiting for that confirmation from the FDA. I dont see how that is such a bad thing? If you have made it the last 18 months without contracting the virus whats a few more weeks? That doesnt seem irrational at all. You won't feel better once it reaches full FDA approval as it will verify what you already know? 

• Plus1 1
15 minutes ago, Enhance said:

To this point, I've seen nothing to disprove the notion that they're not just naysayers who will jump to the next available crutch as soon as it presents itself.

I guess the FDA can take that crutch away anytime they please, so these people can move on to the next crutch and we no longer have to talk about it.  

• Plus1 1
15 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

You insinuated that hospitalizations wouldn't follow.  And deaths wouldn't follow. 

No I didn’t.  What I insinuate is looking at what extent hospitalizations follow, and then the rate deaths follow hospitalizations.  

maybe Delta is more virulent but less lethal.  Maybe the case counts are catching more vaccinated people than we thought so the other two outcomes will not happen to the extent they did prior to vaccinations.  

• Plus1 1

14 minutes ago, Jason Sitoke said:

Well, I made the mistake of assuming you had some kind of greater point.  I guess actually it seems like you were saying.....

...what were you saying?

And you would now be correct.   Kinda what people should be doing.  Say what they say:dunno

• Plus1 1
Just now, Hedley Lamarr said:

Exactly so it has MORE rigor built into the full approval. How is it hard to believe that once it passes the same rigor of all other shots we take that it will alleviate a level of hesitancy? You obviously have zero hesitancy in the vaccine which is fine you fully believe that nothing will change once it is fully approved. Those who are hesitant are simply waiting for that confirmation from the FDA. I dont see how that is such a bad thing? If you have made it the last 18 months without contracting the virus whats a few more weeks? That doesnt seem irrational at all. You won't feel better once it reaches full FDA approval as it will verify what you already know? 

You can ALWAYS have more rigor.  You can always wait longer and gather more data and spend more time scrutinizing and producing more documentation.  This was a call to arms for this country, and it required a herculean effort to produce, manufacture, and yes TEST the vaccines we have to fight this.  More unvaccinated people will succumb to COVID by noon today than the vaccine has killed in total.  

So I guess I'm confused at the risk assessment being done in these people's heads.  I'm also confused why someone who doesn't know exactly what the difference is between full FDA approval and EUA is so concerned about it.  We have a president clamoring for a rubber stamp, and said that he expects it soon.  How does anyone that lacks confidence in what has happened to date with the vaccine suddenly gain that confidence?  That is confusing to me.  And while I know that you are not speaking for yourself (I think), I just cannot get onboard with 'isn't that reasonable'?  

• Plus1 1
10 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

As far as hospitals requiring vaccinations, that really doesn't surprise me. There are many things you can do at a regular place of business that would get you fired at a hospital for putting patients in harms way. Lots of $$$$ on the line for infection control at hospitals. They'll do what they can to hang on to that money. 

Yep, I put hospitals in a different category.  

• Plus1 1
11 minutes ago, Jason Sitoke said:

I'm certainly not defending them either.  But in fairness, those people probably knew more about beer than these people know about the difference between EUA and full approval.

That’s possible, but in fairness, knowing more about beer than someone else doesn’t really matter when the same beer is given out to everyone.  But I’m all for whatever appeases people to get the vaccine. 

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, Jason Sitoke said:

Ok, well I'm exhausted now.  Anyways, bring on the FDA super deluxe approval stamp, and let's get shots in arms.  I really do hope that @Hedley Lamarr's anecdotes about why people aren't getting jabbed is representative and this will clear a major hurdle.

I do as well. It is true for my anecdotes anyways ha 

• Plus1 1