The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

Never heard of doctor cobia

She's the one taking to FB...posted earlier

Dr. Brytney Cobia’s impassioned and sobering Facebook post from Sunday has been widely circulated on social media. The Birmingham physician said people are listening to her first-hand accounts of treating critical patients who regret never getting inoculated

28 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

She's the one taking to FB...posted earlier

Dr. Brytney Cobia’s impassioned and sobering Facebook post from Sunday has been widely circulated on social media. The Birmingham physician said people are listening to her first-hand accounts of treating critical patients who regret never getting inoculated

Oh, prob why I never heard of her.  Don’t really look at FB anymore.   Was it child patients or adult a patients because one of the perpetual lockdown posters brought her name up during a back and forth on kids/schools and Covid not being a serious issue for kids outside of some extreme examples 

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

It didn’t mention a big past problem of kids in schools which is what we were talking about

i wasn't talking to you before you quoted that post.  so not sure what back and forth we were having about kids in schools.    i suggest you read the article and see everything she talked about going on in alabama and stop assuming things about my intentions before you swing and miss again.

• Plus1 2
21 minutes ago, commando said:

i wasn't talking to you before you quoted that post.  so not sure what back and forth we were having about kids in schools.    i suggest you read the article and see everything she talked about going on in alabama and stop assuming things about my intentions before you swing and miss again.

Ummm ya.  I responded to your post where I said said kids and Covid do not present a problem  outside of extreme cases and you told me to talk with Dr. Cobia.  Therefor, you make it sound like the article was speaking about kids dying which it wasn’t.   People responding to another is a back and forth :dunno

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Wow……I’m absolutely……happily…..amazed. 

it's about time the republicans stopped dismissing covid as a hoax or democratic ploy .  i wonder why the big change all of a sudden?   heck...i don't care.  lets get everyone involved and beat this s#!t.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1

https://www.google.com/amp/s/abcnews.go.com/amp/Health/northeast-florida-hospitals-returning-covid-19-peak-amid/story%3fid=78973628

Nothing to see here.  It's only about cases, cases, cases..  Hospitalization rates aren't climbing....oh wait.  

"Hospital officials in Northeast Florida are urging people to get vaccinated as the number of COVID-19 patients is approaching or exceeding levels they saw during the worst of the pandemic amid "rampant" spread of the more transmissible delta variant of the coronavirus.

UF Health Jacksonville, in Florida's most populous city, has seen an "exponential" rise in the number of COVID-19 patients admitted in recent weeks, Chad Neilsen, director of infection prevention at the hospital, told ABC News.

The previous record for the highest number of daily COVID-19 patients across its two campuses -- 125 -- was set in January; the hospital surpassed that three days ago, Neilsen said, and is currently at 136, with about 40 people in the intensive care unit."

• Thanks 2
8 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Huh….I wonder who else on this forum has been saying this too and who else has been poo pooing it saying it didn’t matter.

The media, the administration etc need to make a BIG deal of it when it receives full FDA approval. They need to cover it like Trump made a mean tweet. I know a lot of people who are hesitant and when you ask why that is what is brought up. 

• Plus1 3