The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

10 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

This is what you said….

So let's continue to question vaccines in favor of treatments that are proven to be ineffective against Omicron.

He didn’t question vaccines in favor of treatments which is what your claiming.  Your wrong and won’t admit it.  

You also just said this….

“Paul has said he wouldn't get vaxxed because he's immune. That's wrong.  He's not immune.”

People who get vaccinated are not immune from infection either so what’s your point.   Both sets are very protected from hospitalization and death according to the science.  Unless you are a science denier which you seem to be at this point.  

Well we've reach the inevitable point in every discussion with @Archy1221where he doesn't read what the other person posted and just doubles downs on claiming he's right.  Gotta save face I guess at least in his own mind.

Where did I say you were completely immune from vaccines?

Is the only choice vaccinated vs. prior infection/unvaccinated?  You can come up with another, even more protected option right?  For a leader like Paul who has had a prior infection and which the evidence clearly shows is more effective than unvaccinated?

Was Rand Paul right about being immune due to prior infection?  No

Was he right about currently available monoclonal antibodies being effective against the strain causing virtually all the cases in the country right now?  No

So, no nothing from my original post needs correcting.  Rand Paul is simply playing to his base.  And he's wrong 

• Thanks 1
9 hours ago, NebraskaHarry said:

The point is Paul is wrong and people should get vaccinated and boosted to protect themselves from Covid. 

I get your point is to defend Paul and anything Republican for some stupid reason, but man it gets old. Particularly over this subject where it's easy to find and actually listen to Paul and other republicans say stupid s%^& about not needing to be vaccinated. 

If I were him I would get vaccinated out of precaution, but the data is the data.  Hospitalizations and deaths are not much different between the two groups.   Multiple studies have shown this.   Especially if you fall under the age of 65.   Sorry to burst your bubble 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2

https://www.factcheck.org/2022/01/scicheck-studies-show-boosted-immunity-against-omicron-with-booster-doses/

Neither primary vaccination nor natural immunity is generally stopping infections with the omicron variant, but research shows booster doses substantially increase protection. Yet, Republican Sen. Rand Paul claimed that a case of COVID-19 provides “an immunity better than the vaccine.”

Paul’s office pointed us to a recent report from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention that found prior infections conferred more immunity against the delta variant than the primary vaccination series. But the study period was before the highly mutated omicron variant took over and before booster shots were widely recommended.

The early research on omicron suggests Paul’s statement now is simply wrong. What’s the stronger immunity to ward off an omicron infection, from what we’ve learned so far? Booster doses, whether you’ve had a bout of COVID-19 before or not.

The Kentucky Republican made his claim in a Jan. 21 interview on Fox News’ “The Ingraham Angle.” Paul said that “millions” were getting infected with the virus — “The world is being inoculated by the virus, whether they like it or not,” he said. “Over half of my staff has had the omicron variety.” He then went on to say that natural infection was better.

Rand Paul.  Proven wrong yet again.

26 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

Yet the article you reference doesn’t show any data on hospitalization and death rates for those two groups with Omicron?  

They do establish that neither of the three groups you mentioned provide complete immunity from Omicron, which, isn’t and hasn’t been the point of the vaccines :dunno

What you continually miss about the conversations Dr. Paul has in regards to prior infection and vaccine cohorts is the mandates for vaccinations.  You do this on purpose too for some strange reason.  Dr. Paul is not and I don’t believe ever has said to not get vaccinated.   He does say previous infection provides immunity to Covid.   Hospitalization and death data prove this.   

You have some kind of infatuation with Dr. Paul, maybe it’s a Freudian thing, but it makes you sounds foolish to try so hard at making him say or mean things he didn’t say or mean.   Just take the L and move on with this one.   There is always a next time.  

• Plus1 2

5 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Yet the article you reference doesn’t show any data on hospitalization and death rates for those two groups with Omicron?  

They do establish that neither of the three groups you mentioned provide complete immunity from Omicron, which, isn’t and hasn’t been the point of the vaccines :dunno

What you continually miss about the conversations Dr. Paul has in regards to prior infection and vaccine cohorts is the mandates for vaccinations.  You do this on purpose too for some strange reason.  Dr. Paul is not and I don’t believe ever has said to not get vaccinated.   He does say previous infection provides immunity to Covid.   Hospitalization and death data prove this.   

You have some kind of infatuation with Dr. Paul, maybe it’s a Freudian thing, but it makes you sounds foolish to try so hard at making him say or mean things he didn’t say or mean.   Just take the L and move on with this one.   There is always a next time.  

can you show how rand paul is right about how it's all a plot to kill consevatives?

• Plus1 1
31 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

He was also Obama’s DIA 

Well before he took a turn for the worst being an unstable Trump lapdog who completely sold out his country.  So much even that during the transition from Obama to Trump President Obama warned Trump against hiring him and warned against putting Flynn in a high level national security post.  Trump didn't listen.  Nice try though.

• Plus1 2