The P&R Plague Thread (Covid-19)

I like some of Rogans content. Just like I enjoy watching Rodgers throw a football. If you're taking medical advice from either one, you are doing it wrong. People with platforms spout stupid s#!t constantly, it's as American as apple pie. Just wish more people were taught where to receive their info. Listen to Rodgers tell you how to throw a football, listen to Rogan talk MMA or tell jokes, go to your family physical on how to best treat a virus. We shouldn't have to completely shut down Joe Rogan because people are dumb enough to get their medical advice from a guy that didn't graduate college. 

• Plus1 7

19 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

I like some of Rogans content. Just like I enjoy watching Rodgers throw a football. If you're taking medical advice from either one, you are doing it wrong. People with platforms spout stupid s#!t constantly, it's as American as apple pie. Just wish more people were taught where to receive their info. Listen to Rodgers tell you how to throw a football, listen to Rogan talk MMA or tell jokes, go to your family physical on how to best treat a virus. We shouldn't have to completely shut down Joe Rogan because people are dumb enough to get their medical advice from a guy that didn't graduate college. 

I agree.  And, I'll add, it's extremely disappointing that Americans have been conditioned to think they are getting actual worthwhile medical information from someone like him AND.....that people like him feel it necessary to try to convince people of total crap.  Yep....totally American.

• Plus1 2
7 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I agree.  And, I'll add, it's extremely disappointing that Americans have been conditioned to think they are getting actual worthwhile medical information from someone like him AND.....that people like him feel it necessary to try to convince people of total crap.  Yep....totally American.

Seems to me (most of) his listeners know Joe says dumb s#!t. Many times over he's said stuff that is flat wrong and his listeners roast him on. The minority groups on either side just can't take things at face value. He's not a medical hero, nor should he burned at the stake. Just a guy that has said off the wall s#!t for many years.

12 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Not sure if you're talking to me but I said your family physician. 

I was making a joke.  Trying to be funny, not an attack on you or your point.

But on a serious matter, family physicians differ on a lot of stuff.  When my dad got covid, my mom told the DR. she was going to the store to get supplies for the quarantine.  She told the Dr, don't worry, I will wear a mask.  He said it doesn't really matter.  Masks don't work anyway.  

That is my point about Dr's and scientist too.  Everyone says, trust the Dr's or trust  the scientists.  I am always like, which ones.  You can find one to say whatever you want to hear.  It doesn't matter what side of the issue you are on.  

I take in all of the info and do the best I can to make an informed decision.   As we all should.

• Plus1 1
10 minutes ago, Crusader Husker said:

I was making a joke.  Trying to be funny, not an attack on you or your point.

But on a serious matter, family physicians differ on a lot of stuff.  When my dad got covid, my mom told the DR. she was going to the store to get supplies for the quarantine.  She told the Dr, don't worry, I will wear a mask.  He said it doesn't really matter.  Masks don't work anyway.  

That is my point about Dr's and scientist too.  Everyone says, trust the Dr's or trust  the scientists.  I am always like, which ones.  You can find one to say whatever you want to hear.  It doesn't matter what side of the issue you are on.  

I take in all of the info and do the best I can to make an informed decision.   As we all should.

Yeah I think of it like I do a mechanic. I find a local person I trust, that can put eyes and hands on my car. For medical advice I go to my doc I see regularly, has my vitals, meds, labs - I listen to him and block out the noise that's all over CNN and Fox News. 

46 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Seems to me (most of) his listeners know Joe says dumb s#!t. Many times over he's said stuff that is flat wrong and his listeners roast him on. The minority groups on either side just can't take things at face value. He's not a medical hero, nor should he burned at the stake. Just a guy that has said off the wall s#!t for many years.

Because that’s his Act.  It’s just sad that Americans find that entertaining. 

I believe he knows the things he says are BS and just pushes the envelope to see what he can convince some people of. The sad thing is, there are some people who actually believe it. That’s why it should always be pushed back against. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Same americans that think a recognizable name from a TV show is qualified to be in a position of government ... even POTUS

• Plus1 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1

8 minutes ago, NM11046 said:

Am I the only one that knows Joe from News Radio?  I gave up on him being an authority on anything when he left acting for MMA ...

I remember watching that. Pretty good show; Phil Hartman, Dave Foley, Maura Tierney, and Andy d!(k :lol:

26 minutes ago, GSG said:

I remember watching that. Pretty good show; Phil Hartman, Dave Foley, Maura Tierney, and Andy d!(k :lol:

Stephan Root .. so good.  I have this memory of Phil doing a bit where he acts out being on an elevator, escalator, stairs etc behind a cubicle and I can't for the life of me find a video of it.