The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election

Pick your Candidate  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 minutes ago, Ulty said:

But the fact that people do this, and the fact that Jussie Smollett was a thing (since your boy Vivek brought it up), does not negate the existence of systemic racism, the rise in hate crimes even though other violent crimes are going down, the rise of hate groups, and the fact that we have actual active leaders in power who push white supremacist ideas and conspiracy theories.

Since you are a “civil rights investigator” I’m sure you are aware of the percentage increase by race  of this rise in hate crimes?   Because all your rhetoric goes back to white supremacist as if there is some huge increase in that disgusting population.  If you are going to talk about the ride on hate crime, talk about all perpetrators and not just one group 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

3 minutes ago, Ulty said:

I'm not feigning surprise at anything, bruh. You're mischaracterizing my comments, and you still haven't substantiated your statements.

You must not have read my commentary on the Harvard deal a couple of posts up. There are plenty of hypersensitive folks and other crazies who hysterically claim racism at every little thing. I am quite certain that I see these things more often than you do, and as a civil-rights investigator it is the bane of my existence.

But the fact that people do this, and the fact that Jussie Smollett was a thing (since your boy Vivek brought it up), does not negate the existence of systemic racism, the rise in hate crimes even though other violent crimes are going down, the rise of hate groups, and the fact that we have actual active leaders in power who push white supremacist ideas and conspiracy theories. Pointing out that "liberals use 'white nationalist' and 'racist' or 'Nazi' when the concept being discussed is actually none of those things," might provides a convenient "out" for some folks to avoid discussing or acknowledging these issues. 

Tell ya what...the next time you see someone unjustly pull the "Nazi" or "white nationalist" card, feel free to ask my opinion if you really care. We can think critically about it together. After all, even Archy was thoughtful enough to ask me about the Harvard case.

Thanks for this well thought out reply. Your earlier replies on the issue were taken differently in my reading, sorry if I misread the intent behind them.

I will certainly point out examples as I peruse social media later.

As to the bold, if sharing topical posts, and agreement in a certain area, means "my boy" then that's news to me.

9 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Since you are a “civil rights investigator” I’m sure you are aware of the percentage increase by race  of this rise in hate crimes?   Because all your rhetoric goes back to white supremacist as if there is some huge increase in that disgusting population.  If you are going to talk about the ride on hate crime, talk about all perpetrators and not just one group 

Really has nothing to do with my job since I am not a criminal investigator, but here are a few links with data on hate crimes and hate groups if it floats your boat:

https://www.justice.gov/hatecrimes/hate-crime-statistics

https://www.adl.org/resources/press-release/adl-fbi-data-reflects-deeply-alarming-record-high-number-reported-hate?gad_source=1&gclid=Cj0KCQiAy9msBhD0ARIsANbk0A9k4hPicuxd8T_3nH-dV3awRUP6rYYZUoQAPwoCn_Wd1ycvCj-nEocaAjM3EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

https://www.splcenter.org/hate-map

But really, my "rhetoric" today is not about the rise or statistics regarding white supremacy. It's been about Vivek, and you and Devo by extension, being dismissive of it. 

Now, I might be done here for the day. If this convo must continue, I would recommend taking it over to the Racism thread. 

• Plus1 2
4 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Calling in favors now. 

What a horrible attorney.  Now Kavanaugh either has to recuse himself, rule against Trump or lose credibility.  I'm sure he loves being put in that position.  

• TBH 2

13 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

What a horrible attorney.  Now Kavanaugh either has to recuse himself, rule against Trump or lose credibility.  I'm sure he loves being put in that position.  

I'm wondering how the bar association thinks about an attorney purposely trying to influence a SCOTUS decision in this way.

Totally disqualifying.  Seriously?  She actually said that it's not about if he's guilty or not.  Just think about that for a bit.  And...we can't have an 80 year old man in prison?  Why not?  Because that would piss off your base?

Party of Law and Order....my a$$.

• Plus1 1
17 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Totally disqualifying.  Seriously?  She actually said that it's not about if he's guilty or not.  Just think about that for a bit.  And...we can't have an 80 year old man in prison?  Why not?  Because that would piss off your base?

Party of Law and Order....my a$$.

She was miss quoted in the tweet:  She said, "I don't think our country can move forward with an 80 year old sitting in jail"   She didn't say "we can't have..."   

But with that said, I totally disagree with her on this.  While it was true that Ford pardoned Nixon to move the country forward, the 'crimes' were nowhere close to  the same.  Insurrection vs a coverup are hardly on the same level.  So, to say it is equivalent is making a gross error in judgment.  This is one of the 'damned if you do and damned if you don't' decisions.  She isn't a real leader if she can't make the hard decision based on justice.   A pardon will send the message that any future would be dictator has a free reign to conduct himself as he well pleases - a precedent was set by Trump.  If Trump is convicted, hell will break out by the cult prior to the election anyway.   

What is good for the country and what the country needs: legal justice.   The cult needs to see that justice is real for those who are law breakers.  If the rich and powerful get by with a hand slap, the govt and its laws are held in disrespect. That will only breed more law breaking.  

As Chris Christi, now the ONLY qualified GOP candidate, has clearly said - a pardon is for those who have taken responsibility for their actions.  Trump never will.  He needs to receive the 'severe mercies' of conviction and jail time since his heart is hardened against quilt, shame, and taking responsibility.  

Wavering on this will open the door for more such acts regardless of party.  

2 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

She was miss quoted in the tweet:  She said, "I don't think our country can move forward with an 80 year old sitting in jail"   She didn't say "we can't have..." 

Thanks for the clarification.  But, there isn't much difference.  There literally are thousands of 80 year olds in prison right now across the country.

3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Thanks for the clarification.  But, there isn't much difference.  There literally are thousands of 80 year olds in prison right now across the country.

Agree with you  - not much difference - same implication.  Just a difference on emphasis and also the tweet should have quoted her properly. 

• TBH 1
2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

If your kid uses a gun from home and that kid is under 18 and that kid hurts another kid  or themselves with that gun the parents go immediately to jail, they do not pass go, they do not collect 200 dollars. 

Those parents get to jail. 

Every parent brags how they are the smartest safest gun owners in the world, how they teach their kids about gun safety and to respect guns and how their kids know better than to use a gun to hurt anyone.  

Money where your mouth is...

Even in a tragedy like this.  Parents, see you later, jail.

https://www.wral.com/story/family-sues-gun-safe-maker-after-son-s-death/21169931/

• TBH 4
  • TGHusker changed the title to The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election