The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election

Pick your Candidate  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

I would be of the opinion that states like Illinois ruling in favor of these residents would not be good for Democrats. 

Trump has no chance of winning the state anyway, so throwing his name off the ballot only fuels his "deep state is stealing the election" narrative his horde of voters use as fuel. States should probably wait for SCOTUS to run before continuing with these. 

So, on one side, we have a guy that is actively intimidating SC justices and motivating his followers to intimidate voters at the voting booths. 

On the other side, we have this guy. 

if it comes down to these two, it’s pretty clear who I will vote for.  

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 2

10 hours ago, commando said:

why did no one tell me magnets don't work in water?   oh...that's right.  demnentia don is the source of that fake news

Has he never seen the magnet letters that kids play with in the bathtub?  

• Haha 1
  • TBH 4

Liz SPEAKS OUT!  STOP TRUMP

https://apnews.com/article/liz-cheney-trump-new-hampshire-gop-campaign-3d219b6369ba1c42acd52fc5f590d03d

On a mission to keep former President Donald Trump from returning to the White House, former U.S. Rep. Liz Cheney implored New Hampshire voters Friday to use their upcoming presidential primary to send a message to the world.

“Speak for us all. Tell the world who we are with your vote. Tell them that we are a good and a great nation,” she said at Dartmouth College a little over two weeks before the Jan. 23 primary. “But make sure they know that we do not bend, we do not break and we do not yield in the defense of our freedom. Show the world that we will defeat the plague of cowardice sweeping through the Republican party.”

Cheney, daughter of former Vice President d!(k Cheney, had been a leading Republican voice for years. But she parted with many of her colleagues over Trump’s false claims of voting fraud and her position as vice chair of the Congressional committee that investigated the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the U.S. Capitol.

On Friday, the Supreme Court said it will decide whether Trump can be kept off ballots because of his role in the attack. Cheney said she agrees with those who believe he should be disqualified under a provision of the 14th Amendment barring some people who “engaged in insurrection” from holding public office.

“This is a process that will go through the courts and we’ll see how that unfolds. But here’s no question in my mind that his actions clearly constituted an offense that is within the language of the 14th Amendment,” she said. “There’s not a requirement that you be convicted in the Senate or in a court of law, and so I believe in the plain language of the constitution.”

Cheney, who was soundly defeated in her 2022 primary, said she disagrees with many of President Joe Biden’s policies but said conservative Republicans should recognize “The threat posed by Donald Trump and the threat posed by Joe Biden are not even remotely similar.”

“Our nation can survive and recover from policy mistakes. We cannot recover from a president willing to torch the Constitution,” she said.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 3

6 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Wow, what a bunch fake news.

What Trump says is true because it's gospel. He truly believes in his America Frst political movement, he's not some anger-farming-grifter with the mental acumen of a 4th grader, which appeals to the constituency that votes for him. 

His true belief is shown by his unwillingness to admit to defeat and his willingness to shred our Democracy in order to win. He's such a an America loving Patriot that he would literally sell nuclear secrets to our long time allies in Russia to keep those treacherous Democrat hands off of them. 

This would be an interesting development if true.    IN my opinion, DeSantis may get out soon enough so that it doesn't interfere with him getting a choice 

spot on the Trump team if Trump wins the GE.    

Based on polls, it seems that Trump will win the primaries regardless of any Halley surge in NH or SC.  Our only hope, Obi Wan Kenobi,  is Jack Smith at this point. 

I don't have confidence that Biden can pull it off.  

https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/4392477-is-desantis-going-to-drop-out-of-the-race-on-jan-15/

I have heard from two people very familiar with the DeSantis campaign — a major donor and a high-level political operative — that if the Florida governor loses the Iowa caucuses to former President Donald Trump as expected on the night of Jan. 15, he will either drop out of the race that night or make his announcement the next morning. (Editor’s note: The DeSantis campaign vigorously denies this assertion. This op-ed has been updated to include the following statement from the campaign: “Ron DeSantis is in this for the long haul.”)

More than that, both believe DeSantis will then — very begrudgingly — endorse Trump for president. 

Should both predictions come to pass, DeSantis would be jumping on a bandwagon that is dramatically increasing in speed and taking on more and more Republican politicians looking to back the clear frontrunner. Last week, Trump received critically important endorsements from House Majority Whip Tom Emmer (Minn.) and Majority Leader Steve Scalise (La.). Those are on top of Speaker Mike Johnson’s (La.) endorsement just a month ago.

Joining the Minnesotan Emmer was the rest of the GOP congressional delegation from that state: Reps. Michelle Fischbach, Pete Stauber and Brad Finstad.

• Plus1 1
32 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

This would be an interesting development if true.    IN my opinion, DeSantis may get out soon enough so that it doesn't interfere with him getting a choice 

spot on the Trump team if Trump wins the GE.    

Based on polls, it seems that Trump will win the primaries regardless of any Halley surge in NH or SC.  Our only hope, Obi Wan Kenobi,  is Jack Smith at this point. 

I don't have confidence that Biden can pull it off.  

https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/4392477-is-desantis-going-to-drop-out-of-the-race-on-jan-15/

To be fair, all the Republican candidates currently embarassing themselves are going to drop out and endorse Trump as soon as possible. Their only hope of maintaining any political career is to bend the knee to Trump, bless his Big Mac and diet coke, and debase themselves by shilling for him with the faint hope they get appointed to a cabinet position.

Watching all of them trip over each other to lavish praise on the most idiotic person in America is funny and represents just how far the GOP - and the constituency that powers them - has fallen. 

And yes, Biden's is probably going to lose to Trump but I think the chances of him winning are a little better than what you might be giving him credit for. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
5 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

And yes, Biden's is probably going to lose to Trump but I think the chances of him winning are a little better than what you might be giving him credit for. 

Yes, IF the Dems can get the turn out,  IF the Independents turn out, IF there is not economic/foreign affairs disasters, and IF the 3rd party candidate(s) don't steal Biden voters - then I can see Biden winning fairly easily.  

The IFs will determine.  I think there are enough  independent voters who see through the Cult deception and will turn to Biden.  Trump isn't getting any new voters just got to make sure the turnout is right in those critical toss up states.  

• TGHusker changed the title to The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election