The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election

Pick your Candidate  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

10 hours ago, nic said:

I THINK I know people voting for Trump. Some are old, like my in-laws. The problem is they won't say it or talk politics, anymore, so I am uncertain. I suspect Trump voters, at least in my circles, are keeping quiet. I also know people that want a new R candidate that will vote against Trump in the primaries, but if Trump is the R nominee, they will vote for him over Biden. 

I know people who definitely will be voting for him if he's the nominee.  They say they don't support him now.  But, they will in the general election.  It just would be too awful for them to have to vote for a democrat.  Dreaming of having sex with your own daughter and trying to destroy our form of government is just no way as bad as the $8 gas and 10% inflation we have now.

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I know people who definitely will be voting for him if he's the nominee.  They say they don't support him now.  But, they will in the general election.  It just would be too awful for them to have to vote for a democrat.  Dreaming of having sex with your own daughter and trying to destroy our form of government is just no way as bad as the $8 gas and 10% inflation we have now.

But do you know NEW trump voters...that have never voted for him before?

• TBH 2
1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Nope....not that I know of anyway.

And yet he’s supposed to win when he already lost by 8 million votes last time and the economy is awesome now and foreign policy is going swimmingly with the border also under control?   

How will he win W/O new voters?

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, Archy1221 said:

And yet he’s supposed to win when he already lost by 8 million votes last time and the economy is awesome now and foreign policy is going swimmingly with the border also under control?   

How will he win W/O new voters?

I'm not saying he's going to win.  In fact, I believe Republicans will continue to lose bigly as long as he's the leader of their party.

And....I'm going to continue to voice my opinion that he should never...ever hold public office again in the US until he's no longer even an option.  right now, it's going to be down to Biden and him.  If that's the case....we need 4 more years of Biden.

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I'm not saying he's going to win.  In fact, I believe Republicans will continue to lose bigly as long as he's the leader of their party.

And....I'm going to continue to voice my opinion that he should never...ever hold public office again in the US until he's no longer even an option.  right now, it's going to be down to Biden and him.  If that's the case....we need 4 more years of Biden.

Unfortunately it looks like we will get Trump V Biden and we will unfortunately get four more years of Biden.   

This election should absolutely be a DeSantis vs Newsome or Michelle Obama choice.   Two younger fresher views to vote for.  

• Plus1 1
12 hours ago, nic said:

I THINK I know people voting for Trump. Some are old, like my in-laws. The problem is they won't say it or talk politics, anymore, so I am uncertain. I suspect Trump voters, at least in my circles, are keeping quiet. I also know people that want a new R candidate that will vote against Trump in the primaries, but if Trump is the R nominee, they will vote for him over Biden. 

This is pretty typical of Trump voters to be fair.

Voters don't want to be seen as the bad guys voting for obvious authoritarian morons that are incompetent leaders bag for the Untied States and the world. 

But those voters want obvious authoritarian morons who are incompetent leaders who are bad, so they vote for them. They just don't want it to be known. There are millions of loud Trump voters unashamed of what they want, but there are millions of others who are equally dangerous but are simply quiet about it. 

• TBH 3
1 hour ago, teachercd said:

He doesn't need many, if any, new voters to win. He needs an extremely small number, just a few thousand, of voters spread across three states to change their minds. 

In order to win, Biden probably needs to win the popular vote by 5-5.5%, margins that probably aren't possible. His path is difficult. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, teachercd said:

Maybe BUT we hear that same noise before of the giant huge "red wave" I think they were calling it. never came close to happening.  But poll after poll said it was going to happen.

True. I think the polls softened a bit, but the Trump candidates did not do as well as expected. Maybe others are keeping quiet. It will be interesting to see how he does in Iowa with a commanding lead in the polls. How dare you give me hope. :wacko:

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, Mike Mcdee said:

My in-laws are definitely voting for him. They have put signs up in their yard in the past. They have his "Letters to Trump" book currently on their coffee table. We don't discuss politics any more with them. Makes our family get togethers go smoother.

I was just at their place. Nothing out on the tables or in the yard. I used to hear pro Trump comments, but in my last visit I sort of blasted Trump, Biden and Pence for having secret docs they shouldn't have had when the in-laws were trying to defend Trumps legal issues. Haven't heard anything about Trump since. 

2 hours ago, teachercd said:

If Trump is the nominee, I would bet that his percent of Hispanic and Black voters goes up once again....maybe Jewish voters too. 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

Unfortunately it looks like we will get Trump V Biden and we will unfortunately get four more years of Biden.   

This election should absolutely be a DeSantis vs Newsome or Michelle Obama choice.   Two younger fresher views to vote for.  

If it's Trump vs Biden, who are you voting for?

• TGHusker changed the title to The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election