The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election

Pick your Candidate  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

10 hours ago, Danny Bateman said:

Hot takes on the matter:

* Republicans aren’t serious about any policy whatsoever. They merely want power. 

* They’re also fine rolling over to dictators like Putin. Hell half of them probably admire him because their cult leader loves him.

* Ukraine and the border getting boned by a guy who probably shouldn’t be in Congress at all, let alone guiding a whole party, sucks. Double sucks that he’s so to help a corrupt, fascist, blowhard traitor try to return to power.

* The GOP immigration bill sucks. It’s just hardline immigration reduction across the board. It’s only good if your primary objective is to curtail all forms of immigration, not if you want to do it in any kind of intelligent, beneficial way. They don’t want compromise because, well, see the first point.

You gotta admit, the party installing razor wire and a buoy system on rivers literally drowning immigrants because the DEMONcrats arent tough on the border only to have that same party continually reject any effort to actually deal with the border because drowning said immigrant kids is better politics...

That... *chiefs kiss* perfectly encapsulates Republican soulless politics. 

• Plus1 3

11 hours ago, Danny Bateman said:

Congress has kicked the can on any meaningful immigration reform for decades. The recent focus on it is an electoral tactic. Looks like the Turtle has decided to keep it that way.

Why should Ukraine money and our own border be linked whatsoever in a legislative bill?  

Why should there not be two separate bills? 

• TBH 1

So Haley is now 'Birdbrain' in Trump's childish vernacular.   The Dictator is now threatening her donors - showing his deep insecurity once again.   He was offended that Haley hasn't already bent down to kiss his ring.   

God, help our country!  This child cannot be given a second term. 

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4428148-trump-warns-haley-donors-will-be-permanently-barred-maga-camp/

Former President Trump railed against GOP primary opponent Nikki Haley on Wednesday and warned that anyone who contributes to her campaign would be “permanently barred from the MAGA camp.”

“When I ran for Office and won, I noticed that the losing Candidate’s ‘Donors’ would immediately come to me, and want to ‘help out.’ This is standard in Politics, but no longer with me,” Trump wrote in a post on his Truth Social platform.

“Anybody that makes a ‘Contribution’ to Birdbrain, from this moment forth, will be permanently barred from the MAGA camp. We don’t want them, and will not accept them, because we Put America First, and ALWAYS WILL!” Trump continued, using the nickname “Birdbrain” to refer to Haley.

Trump’s direct threat against Haley’s supporters signals a sharpening in his rhetoric, as the former president seeks to compel support from all corners of the GOP.

Trump beat Haley in the New Hampshire primary Tuesday by 11 points — a significant edge over his former United Nations ambassador, but closer than his dominant lead in many polls in recent months.

Trump attacked Haley in his victory speech Tuesday as he stood in front of two former primary opponents and pressured Haley to suspend her campaign.

trump has won iowa and new hampshire and is already calling to stop the count.   his biggest threat was ron "never back down" desantis...but he has already backed down...along with so many other candidates.  problem was that none of them really ran against Don the con....they just let him avoid all the debates and they tore each other down and let trump get the bye.  i don't really like Haleys comet but she is showing more backbone than all the other candidates and is still standing.  

1 hour ago, Dr. Strangelove said:
11 hours ago, Danny Bateman said:

You gotta admit, the party installing razor wire and a buoy system on rivers literally drowning immigrants because the DEMONcrats arent tough on the border only to have that same party continually reject any effort to actually deal with the border because drowning said immigrant kids is better politics...

I wasn’t aware said buoy systems were drowning people?  It’s almost as if people hadn’t drowned crossing the border before?  Or died crossing the desert? 

I also wasn’t aware of a political argument being made saying drowning immigrants was a preferred policy to a border deal:dunno   

Maybe you were just engaging in political theater I suppose. 

• TBH 1
18 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

So Haley is now 'Birdbrain' in Trump's childish vernacular.   The Dictator is now threatening her donors - showing his deep insecurity once again.   He was offended that Haley hasn't already bent down to kiss his ring.   

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4428148-trump-warns-haley-donors-will-be-permanently-barred-maga-camp/

the Mafia Against the Government of America rallies are effective for him

19 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

I hope all of "Birdbrains" supporters heard this and understand that Trump is asking them to vote for Biden.  But I doubt it...

7 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Well, The House already passed a bill.  Schumer won’t take it up! 

The unserious attempt that does not deal with expanded legal immigration to actually comprehensively address immigration? 

I'm sorry that the Republican Party would rather anger-farm voters than put forth real attempts to address problems, but I guess caving to Vladimir Putin and praising Viktor Orban is showing us the true colors of the party.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:
40 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

The unserious attempt that does not deal with expanded legal immigration to actually comprehensively address immigration?

Ahhh gotcha…..if you don’t like the bill it’s unserious.  If the bill allows almost 200,000 illegals in a month it serious.   Good to know:facepalm:

• Plus1 2
34 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

I'm sorry that the Republican Party would rather anger-farm voters than put forth real attempts to address problems, but I guess caving to Vladimir Putin and praising Viktor Orban is showing us the true colors of the party.

What does Putin and Orban have to do with passing immigration/border security bill? Or is this more non-helpful political rhetoric? 

• TBH 2
7 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Ahhh gotcha…..if you don’t like the bill it’s unserious.  If the bill allows almost 200,000 illegals in a month it serious.   Good to know:facepalm:

This may surprise you, but huge swaths of the economy - agriculture  construction, house building, roofing, etc. - rely on illegal immigrant labor. There isn't exactly a army of legal white people clamoring to work in Californias farms picking strawberries or to roof your house in Kansas.

Any immigration bill that doesn't simultaneously deal with illegal border crossings while simultaneously expanding legal immigration to sectors of the economy that need it is unserious. 

5 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

What does Putin and Orban have to do with passing immigration/border security bill? Or is this more non-helpful political rhetoric? 

Pointing out the Republican Party's love affair with authoritarian, anti-democratic leaders is sort of fun, and should be pointed out whenever possible. It's not really political rhetoric to point out the toxic cancer embedded within the Republican Party; it's a warning. 

• Plus1 2
27 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:
34 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

This may surprise you, but huge swaths of the economy - agriculture  construction, house building, roofing, etc. - rely on illegal immigrant labor. There isn't exactly an army of legal white people clamoring to work in Californias farms picking strawberries or to roof your house in Kansas.

It doesn’t surprise me that illegals are prevalent in ag or construction.  I thought that was well known.  Is your point we should just continue as is?  

I got a new roof in 2021 but the company I chose uses E Verify. It was a half white half Latino crew from what I saw.  

33 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Any immigration bill that doesn't simultaneously deal with illegal border crossings while simultaneously expanding legal immigration to sectors of the economy that need it is unserious.

Does HR2 not expand legal immigration?  

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
  • TGHusker changed the title to The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election