The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election

Pick your Candidate  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 1/28/2024 at 10:36 PM, nic said:

Great. Close it for 30 days and tell congress to close the loophole. That would look good and put the spotlight back on the congress. It would also help with the criticism. Pull the trigger man. 

Yeah. As much as I dislike it, I’ve got to remember America is definitely to the right of me on immigration things.

Most people would definitely support a “shutdown” even if it was largely symbolic in nature or presidential overreach without authority to really do anything of consequence. The uber text post above basically laid out that Trump tried something similar before there’s just no teeth to it after he lost in court repeatedly. Biden is the definition of an institutionalist so he doesn’t want to overreach in a way Trump wouldn’t give two s#!ts about.

Still would be applauded by most voters.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Danny Bateman said:

Yeah. As much as I dislike it, I’ve got to remember America is definitely to the right of me on immigration things.

Most people would definitely support a “shutdown” even if it was largely symbolic in nature or presidential overreach without authority to really do anything of consequence. The uber text post above basically laid out that Trump tried something similar before there’s just no teeth to it after he lost in court repeatedly. Biden is the definition of an institutionalist so he doesn’t want to overreach in a way Trump wouldn’t give two s#!ts about.

Still would be applauded by most voters.

Well the Dems had control of Congress and the Exec branch for 2 years. The only thing I remember Biden doing was appointing Kamala Border Czar. Maybe what they wanted would not have gotten past Manchin, but perception is they own the mess. There was some policy called Remain in Mexico. Seems like when that expired it all started breaking loose.

My family and I invest our own time and money helping refugee families settle here. 3 so far from Karin Nation, Afghanistan (post withdrawal fiasco) and now Central Africa. I would not call myself anti immigration. I am anti chaos however.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
10 hours ago, nic said:

Well the Dems had control of Congress and the Exec branch for 2 years. The only thing I remember Biden doing was appointing Kamala Border Czar. Maybe what they wanted would not have gotten past Manchin, but perception is they own the mess. There was some policy called Remain in Mexico. Seems like when that expired it all started breaking loose.

My family and I invest our own time and money helping refugee families settle here. 3 so far from Karin Nation, Afghanistan (post withdrawal fiasco) and now Central Africa. I would not call myself anti immigration. I am anti chaos however.

Good for you guys. We need people out there trying to support and welcome these people. That's tremendous.

Remain in Mexico is, in and of itself, not an answer. IT may have made things better, temporarily, but likewise, the MAGA patriots in charge back then never had any intention of further addressing the situation besides tougher enforcement.

Rather than just lobbing blame back and forth like a tennis ball because it's an election year, hopefully we can both just admit both parties have dropped the ball on this matter for WAY too long. It's only hurting everyone involved, from the immigrants to all Americans here dealing with our broken system. Let's hope for everyone's sake they get it over the finish line this time.

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 1

1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

I don’t really see that a some major win in hat an organization founded by the AFL CIO is backing The Big Guy.   That seems like a normal historical endorsement :dunno

True however in a lot of polls I've noticed older votes continuing to trend blue, which is decidedly against historical norms. Getting Medicare to negotiate drug prices was smart politics for Biden. Apparently they'll officially begin negotiating on common drugs for Medicare recipients in Sept 2024. Nice timing.

Fun fact about the group above though, per Wikipedia: Their executive director is Mr. d!(k Fiesta.

The cult is in such a frenzy over a pop star.  Even to the extent that a KC win in the Super Bowl will mean the game was rigged per crazy Vivek.   Of course and his surrogates cannot stand a strong woman like Taylor or Haley.  Trump is use to controlling women and not being confronted by them.  Therefore, his surrogates have to come to the aid of their feeble leader. 

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-privately-grouses-more-popular-183532100.html

On Monday, Trump’s lawyer Alina Habba shared a post on social media that includes the caption: “Who thinks this country needs a lot more women like Alina Habba, and a lot less like Taylor Swift?”  (TG: IS THAT A RETORICAL QUESTION - ANSWER IS OBVIOUSLY SWIFT VS NUT JOB CRAZY HABBA WHO IS A LOSER LIKE HER BOSS) (Habba has represented Trump in the E. Jean Carroll defamation case, where he was ordered to pay $83 million.)

Fox News host Jeanine Pirro — who’s acted as an informal political adviser to Trump, including during his presidency — warned Swift to stay out of 2024: “Don’t get involved. Don’t get involved in politics; we don’t want to see you there,” the Fox host said. “Joe Biden is in [a] hole with young people, he knows it. And if he thinks Taylor can get him out of that hole, he’s gonna go for it.”

Former GOP presidential hopeful and current Trump hype man Vivek Ramaswamy took to Twitter following the latest Chiefs’ playoff win to claim that unnamed forces would rig the Super Bowl to give the as-yet nonexistent endorsement from the “artificially culturally propped-up couple” increased visibility.

MAGA pundits have spent months fuming about Swift and her boyfriend — already a hated figure for his role as a Pfizer Covid-19 vaccine spokesman.

During a rant in November about the GOP’s losses across a string of state elections and abortion-related ballot initiatives, Turning Point USA founder and Trump ally Charlie Kirk warned that Swift was “going to come out in the presidential election” and “mobilize her fans,” adding that “all the Swifties want is swift abortion.” Fox News host and Trump buddy Jesse Watters declared Swift a potential “Pentagon psyop” and “a front for a covert political agenda during a segment earlier this month.

11 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

The cult is in such a frenzy over a pop star.  Even to the extent that a KC win in the Super Bowl will mean the game was rigged per crazy Vivek.   Of course and his surrogates cannot stand a strong woman like Taylor or Haley.  Trump is use to controlling women and not being confronted by them.  Therefore, his surrogates have to come to the aid of their feeble leader. 

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-privately-grouses-more-popular-183532100.html

Pretty spot on.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

• TGHusker changed the title to The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election