The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election

Pick your Candidate  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

20 hours ago, teachercd said:

Sadly, they probably can't "win" as in ussia taps out but I don't think that is really the endgame here.  Every day ussia fights with them, ussia gets weaker in a lot of ways.  

Is this like the family photo thing in Back to the Future?

like the weaker they get, the more letters disappear from their name?

• Fire 1

2 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I mean, it is kinda fascinating that after all the accusations, hoaxes, and investigations, Russian Collusion turns out to be very real and even worse than we imagined.  

So we are back to trying the Russia collusion hoax to win another election :facepalm:   

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
3 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

At least she's saying all the right things now.

But....didn't she raise her hand in the debate saying she would support Don the Con if he's the nominee?  If so, maybe they need to start asking her about that again.

Yes she did and she also said she'd pardon trump so that America can move forward.  I think we move forward only have his megaphone is taken away from him - via jail time.  If he is pardoned and can roam the country, all he will do is stir up trouble.  

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

So we are back to trying the Russia collusion hoax to win another election :facepalm:   

I knew it would be hard for you to come in here after this bombshell, and I understand the humiliation and disorientation you must be going through. 

Oh for the days when it was just hookers peeing on the bed. Now the entire party and its right wing media apparatus is torn in its fealty to Vladimir Putin.

The hoax is that it was a hoax. Turns out it is even deeper and more consequential. Ironic, huh? 

But don't worry about the election. Russia doesn't really move the needle with the base beyond wanting to pull funding from liberal lapdog Volodymr Zelensky.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 4

1 hour ago, TGHusker said:

Yes she did and she also said she'd pardon trump so that America can move forward.  I think we move forward only have his megaphone is taken away from him - via jail time.  If he is pardoned and can roam the country, all he will do is stir up trouble.  

Yeah, I see both sides.  But crime is crime and deserves to be punished and if that is jail time then so be it.

• Plus1 1
16 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Yeah, I see both sides.  But crime is crime and deserves to be punished and if that is jail time then so be it.

Yes, I see both sides - Ford was right in pardoning Nixon - we needed to get the stench of Watergate and Vietnam behind us. 

Trump is on a whole new level of corruptness than Nixon.  Nixon knew when he was beat and resigned.  Trump is on his revenge tour and will never be repentant of anything.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 1
Just now, TGHusker said:

Yes, I see both sides - Ford was right in pardoning Nixon - we needed to get the stench of Watergate and Vietnam behind us. 

Trump is on a whole new level of corruptness than Nixon.  Nixon knew when he was beat and resigned.  Trump is on his revenge tour and will never be repentant of anything.  

Yeah, you are right.

I personally do not care if a person is "sorry" for their crimes because I do not think they are every really sorry for them, I think they are sorry they got caught.

So even if trump was like "I am sorry", it would not do anything for me.  But I can see where it would for some.  I just don't believe in Forgive and Forget.  I don't think those two things ever really happen together.  

Unless you forgave someone and then got amnesia I guess.  

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Yeah, you are right.

I personally do not care if a person is "sorry" for their crimes because I do not think they are every really sorry for them, I think they are sorry they got caught.

So even if trump was like "I am sorry", it would not do anything for me.  But I can see where it would for some.  I just don't believe in Forgive and Forget.  I don't think those two things ever really happen together.  

Unless you forgave someone and then got amnesia I guess.  

Agree - saying sorry isn't a free pass.  There is consequences but a contrite heart may lesson the judgment against that person.  Take Trump's fraud case.  He battled the judge all the way through the case and showed no remorse.  The judge noted the same in his remarks - thus trump gets the Yuge penalty - and deservingly so.  

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I knew it would be hard for you to come in here after this bombshell, and I understand the humiliation and disorientation you must be going through. 

You are the one bringing up a fairy tale of Russian collusion to win an election not me:dunno   

• Haha 1
  • TBH 1
  • TGHusker changed the title to The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election