The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election

Pick your Candidate  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

I understand that being grifted into voting for Trump twice had caused you to undergo bizarre, reality altering views of the world in order to reconcile your support for embarrassing morons who hate America and also happen to be anti-democracy criminals.

But my God, posting RFK Jr. videos after Trump is facing 14 criminal indictments for interfering in Georgia's election and in federal elections. The cases are ongoing... and guess who's fault it is? VOTERS LIKE YOU for supporting him. 

We need to collectively stop coddling these voters who live in rural states and collectively place proper blame that they've given rise to Trump. These people need to be regarded with mocking and derision. 

You are too funny :laughpound

• TBH 2

Kennedy family standing wt Biden and don't want their name to be the reason for a Trump win. 

https://www.axios.com/2024/04/18/kennedy-family-biden-endorsement-rfk-jr

Members of the Kennedy family will appear en masse and in force to endorse President Biden at a campaign event in Philadelphia on Thursday.

Why it matters: It's a public display of support that reveals a weakness Democrats privately acknowledge: Biden is likely more at risk from Robert F. Kennedy Jr.'s third-party challenge than former President Trump is.

• With a substantial number of voters telling pollsters they are dissatisfied with both Biden and Trump, Democrats are increasingly petrified that a Kennedy name on the ballot will throw the election to Trump.
  • A similar fear pervaded over the potential No Labels unity ticket. But with those plans scuttled, Biden is turning his focus on the scion of the storied Kennedy family.

Driving the news: RFK Jr.'s sister, Kerry Kennedy, will invoke the legacy of her slain father, former Attorney General Robert F. Kennedy, as well as that of her uncles: former President John F. Kennedy and Sen. Ted Kennedy (D-Mass.).

• "I can only imagine how Donald Trump's outrageous lies and behavior would have horrified my father," she will say, according to prepared remarks shared with Axios.
  • "President Biden has been a champion for all the rights and freedoms that my father and uncles stood for," she will say, joined by more than a dozen members of the Kennedy clan.
  • Biden will be introduced by Joe Kennedy III, a former member of Congress who currently serves as the president's special envoy to Northern Ireland.
  • After Biden's remarks, Kennedy family members will knock on doors and make calls on behalf of the Biden campaign.

Zoom out: From inflation to abortion, the Biden campaign is seizing every opportunity to make 2024 a choice between two candidates — and two competing visions for America.

• Kennedy's independent bid threatens that strategy.
  • Democrats view anything that turns the election into a referendum on Biden — and gives voters a chance to register their discontent with the status quo — as a grave threat to Biden's candidacy.
  • The event on Thursday is part of an increasingly aggressive effort to take on Kennedy, with most polls showing Trump's advantage grows with the ex-Democrat's famous last name on the ballot.
  • The Democratic Party is also preparing to fight Kennedy's attempts to get on the ballot in key swing states, and has hired communications professionals at the DNC with the explicit aim of combatting Kennedy.

Zoom in: Biden advisers aren't concerned about Kennedy making deep inroads with Democrats and independents. They're worried about his effect on the margins in a few key swing states.

• Two of the last three GOP presidential victories — President Bush in 2000 and Trump in 2016 — can partly be explained by the appeal of third-party candidates to disaffected voters.
  • The electoral math bolsters those fears.
  • Trump's 2016 margin of victory over Hillary Clinton in Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin was smaller than the total number of votes won by Green Party candidate Jill Stein in those states.

What we're watching: Kennedy is actually sounding a lot more like Trump — with pledges to "seal the border" and appoint a special counsel to review Jan. 6 prosecutions — than a traditional Democrat from a storied family.

• But Republicans are also concerned about Kennedy's potential crossover appeal, with pro-Trump media abruptly shifting its tone on his candidacy.

The bottom line: Many Kennedy family members have been critical of Robert F. Kennedy Jr.'s candidacy.

• Biden posed with dozens of them, including Kerry Kennedy, at a St. Patrick's Day party at the White House last month.
  • Thursday's event will consolidate that criticism and try to turn it into positive momentum for Biden.

•  
  • Oh Yeah! 1
  • Worth a Look 1

3 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

It’s interesting that they think this appeals to the majority of Americans. 

I think this only appeals to the Trump base who don't really live in reality anymore. Most of these people are convinced that America is a barren wasteland infested with Immigrants, Trans people, and murderous criminals just beyond the horizon.

This election is going to be decided by an extremely small number of people in 6 states that do not pay attention to politics and are angry that Beefy 5-Layer Burritos are $0.30 more expensive today than they were in 2020. Voters like this barely know anything about either candidate and chalk up most news about them as just "politics". Biden has to win huge margins of low information, low propensity voters which just may not be possible.

3 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

decided by an extremely small number of people in 6 states that do not pay attention to politics and are angry that Beefy 5-Layer Burritos are $0.30 more expensive today than they were in 2020.

Link??

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
6 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Beefy 5-Layer Burritos are $0.30 more expensive today than they were in 2020

Hungry Real Housewives Of Beverly Hills GIF by Bravo TV

taco bell burrito GIF

Hopefully Trump voters will be on a burrito hangover on voting Tuesday and decide not to vote in those critical states. 

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, TGHusker said:

Hungry Real Housewives Of Beverly Hills GIF by Bravo TV

taco bell burrito GIF

Hopefully Trump voters will be on a burrito hangover on voting Tuesday and decide not to vote in those critical states. 

I think we should tell them a voting booth is laced with DEI and that a CRT immigrant is waiting to jump on them at their polling location. Scare them into staying home.

• Oh Yeah! 1
6 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

I think we should tell them a voting booth is laced with DEI and that a CRT immigrant is waiting to jump on them at their polling location. Scare them into staying home.

nickrewind nicksplat nickelodeon splat all that GIF

• Plus1 1

34 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Vote by mail and ballot harvesting is on the agenda for GOP.  Won’t work this year :thumbs

• Fire 1
  • Worth a Look 1
1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

Vote by mail and ballot harvesting is on the agenda for GOP.  Won’t work this year :thumbs

Luckily all these GOPers know that voting by mail defaults your vote to Joe Biden.

Trust me, there isn't a grift stupid enough for these people. I mean, my God, some voted for Trump twice. Can you believe that?!

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 2
  • Worth a Look 1
26 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Luckily all these GOPers know that voting by mail defaults your vote to Joe Biden.

Trust me, there isn't a grift stupid enough for these people. I mean, my God, some voted for Trump twice. Can you believe that?!

Not this time my friend on vote by mail.   

can you believe the Obama voters that carried Trump to victory in 2016?!  Some Biden voters might even vote for him in 2024?!  Pfftttt.  My God. 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1