The 2024 Presidential Election- The LONG General Election

Pick your Candidate  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

12 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

No....and the people taking him seriously need to rethink their thought processes.

Just like anyone who thinks Biden and/or Trump has the mental acuity to make it through the next 4 years needs to rethink that stance

• Haha 2
  • TBH 1

This poll not looking so good for Biden.   

https://tippinsights.com/biden-and-trump-neck-and-neck-but-most-americans-think-trump-will-win-i-i-tipp-poll/

Biden-Leads-Trump-42--40--In-A-Head-To-Head-Matchup.png

Biden-Leads-Trump-39--To-38---Third-Party-Candidates-Mentioned.png

But Kennedy gets 12% of the overall vote, taking from both Biden and Trump. West and Stein, with 1% each, have little if any impact. Kennedy attracts 9% of Democrats and 7% of Republicans, but an even-larger 18% slice of the independents.

As noted, while the overall appears close, there are some mitigating factors.

Start with this: At over 40% of the potential total vote, those who declare themselves "Independents" are the swing vote in close elections. This could spell trouble for Biden, more than Trump.

Independents-Favor-Trump-Over-Biden-35--To-30--In-Head-to-Head-Race.png

Independents-Favor-Trump-Over-Biden-33--To-25--With-3rd-Party-Candidates-In-The-Mix.png

Why is this important? Independents in the last election favored Biden 54% to Trump's 41%. That has, for all intents and purposes been reversed this time around, as the I&I/TIPP data demonstrate.

Trump has also made significant inroads among key traditional Democratic constituencies.

African-Americans, for instance, gave 87% of their vote to Biden in 2020, compared to just 12% for Trump. But that's changed dramatically in 2024: Black voters say they favor Biden by 59%, a 28% decline from four years ago, while 15% say they back Trump, a three percentage-point gain. All told, it's a 31-point swing.

Among Hispanics, Biden slammed Trump in 2020, 65% to 32%. In this month's I&I/TIPP Poll, Hispanics give just 47% support to Biden, 26% to Trump, and 13% to Kennedy.

Trump-Commands-Highest-Support-Intensity-Vs.-Biden-And-RFK-Jr_.png

More-People-Expect-Trump-to-Win-Than-Biden-37--34-.png

More-People-Believe-Their-Neighbors-Would-Vote-For-Trump-Than-Biden--43--To-31-.png

accuracy2-4.png

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

You may not believe in his views on some subjects, but he is clearly more coherent/cognizant/intellectual than Biden or Trump...and there are lots of people taking him seriously. 

This is like saying the guy on the corner crying out warnings of the rapture coming today if we don't all start taking LSD as sane and intellectual just because he speaks fluently and we just happen to disagree with his views...

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 2

2 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

Just like anyone who thinks Biden and/or Trump has the mental acuity to make it through the next 4 years needs to rethink that stance

in your opinion...who among our candidates has the most mental acuity

• Worth a Look 1
25 minutes ago, funhusker said:

This is like saying the guy on the corner crying out warnings of the rapture coming today if we don't all start taking LSD as sane and intellectual just because he speaks fluently and we just happen to disagree with his views...

I don't think that is an accurate analogy for RFKjr. Why do you feel he is like the crazy guy on a street corner?

• Plus1 2

So, RFK jr is "around" the same age as JB and DT but he clearly looks/acts/sounds much much younger than them.  There is zero doubt about that.

Does he say things that seem nuts?  Sure!.  But he doesn't seem lost or confused or "out of it" in terms of how he speaks/acts.

I think that might be what is being argued.  

Plus was the dude like in his early teens when he uncle was kid and then his Dad?  Seems like that might f#&% a dude a up a bit.

Not like it matters though, he is not every going to be president.  

• Plus1 2
Just now, teachercd said:

So, RFK jr is "around" the same age as JB and DT but he clearly looks/acts/sounds much much younger than them.  There is zero doubt about that.

Does he say things that seem nuts?  Sure!.  But he doesn't seem lost or confused or "out of it" in terms of how he speaks/acts.

I think that might be what is being argued.  

Plus was the dude like in his early teens when he uncle was kid and then his Dad?  Seems like that might f#&% a dude a up a bit.

Not like it matters though, he is not every going to be president.  

and today he claimed that a worm ate part of his brain then it died.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

:laughpound

Dude, I get it!

When I apply for a job I still have to send my college transcripts!  It is totally embarrassing!  Now, I have taught for so long that my college grades don't really matter but man, looking at some of them is nuts.  It is (not) shocking how bad I did.  I also wish I could lie about my grades!  Haha!

• Haha 2
4 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

I don't think that is an accurate analogy for RFKjr. Why do you feel he is like the crazy guy on a street corner?

• Vaccines cause autism.
  • No childhood vaccines “have ever been tested in a safety study pre-licensing.”
  • There is “tremendous circumstantial evidence” that psychiatric drugs cause mass shootings, and the National Institutes of Health refuses to research the link out of deference to pharmaceutical companies.
  • Ivermectin and hydroxychloroquine were discredited as covid-19 treatments so covid vaccines could be granted emergency use authorization, a win for Big Pharma.
  • Exposure to the pesticide atrazine contributes to gender dysphoria in children.
  • Covid-19 is “targeted to attack Caucasians and Black people. The people who are most immune are Ashkenazi Jews and Chinese.”

Here is a few from https://kffhealthnews.org/news/article/rfk-kennedy-politifact-lie-of-year-2023-autism-vaccines/

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, funhusker said:
  • Vaccines cause autism.
  • No childhood vaccines “have ever been tested in a safety study pre-licensing.”
  • There is “tremendous circumstantial evidence” that psychiatric drugs cause mass shootings, and the National Institutes of Health refuses to research the link out of deference to pharmaceutical companies.
  • Ivermectin and hydroxychloroquine were discredited as covid-19 treatments so covid vaccines could be granted emergency use authorization, a win for Big Pharma.
  • Exposure to the pesticide atrazine contributes to gender dysphoria in children.
  • Covid-19 is “targeted to attack Caucasians and Black people. The people who are most immune are Ashkenazi Jews and Chinese.”

Here is a few from https://kffhealthnews.org/news/article/rfk-kennedy-politifact-lie-of-year-2023-autism-vaccines/

I have never understood where the "vax causes autism" one started.  Like, people think you "catch" autism or something.  Weird.

• Plus1 1
13 minutes ago, funhusker said:
  • Vaccines cause autism.

There is a lot of debate about all of these stances you provided in the link. I tend to think he is probably more correct than not regarding vaccines and pharmaceuticals causing many side effects. It pays big Pharma to paint him as a quack, or the risk a hit on the bottom line. That Ivermectin and hydroxychloroquine, along with remdesiver, are now regarded as possible off label treatment options shows that he was/is correct. Atrazine is proven to cause biological sex change in frogs. It's probably too early to say it causes gender dysphoria in humans, but it certainly might play a part in the major uptick in cases in the last 15-20 years. None of these things are 100% proven either way. One of the reasons that people are drawn to Kennedy is because he isn't scared off by the mainstream views mandated by the special interest groups. 

The only one I would roll my eyes over is the targeting of Covid-19, which he later clarified.

• Haha 4
  • TBH 2