2020 Pre-Season Coaches Poll Released

Man, to think where Clemson was and where they are now is really remarkable.  I know there is some chatter of buying recruits but that doesn't bother me, if some dude wants to give some HS kid money to go to a certain college, go for it.  But man have they really established themself as a power.  They are an onside kick away from like 3 titles in the last 6 years (I think)

Quite honestly, I'll admit that one thing about college football that I've never really enjoyed is playing the no name teams that are just there to collect a pay check. I know, lately we have had problems even in those games.  But, hopefully, that changes.

This year, there isn't one game that fans shouldn't get excited about.

Season after season, decade after decade it seems, having nail biters every week might be fun for fans but it is not conducive to building a national power program.  You need a number of “ho hummers” to assure you get experience and development snaps to young and back up players.  You cant ‘reload’ if you are always rebuilding.  

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

Season after season, decade after decade it seems, having nail biters every week might be fun for fans but it is not conducive to building a national power program.  You need a number of “ho hummers” to assure you get experience and development snaps to young and back up players.  You cant ‘reload’ if you are always rebuilding.  

I completely understand that.  So, after this pandemic is over, I'm sure we will go back to the old type of scheduling.  I'm specifically talking about me as a fan and what I enjoy watching.

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

I completely understand that.  So, after this pandemic is over, I'm sure we will go back to the old type of scheduling.  I'm specifically talking about me as a fan and what I enjoy watching.

Well it appears the Big Ten has now seized full control of scheduling.  Lets hope they dont continue to steer things toward their preferred conference powers.  I dont see NU in that group.  I know I am very biased but we been given a tougher row to hoe since the first year.  It was to be expected in the beginning as we were the ‘rookies’ but that is no longer fair, imo.  

Now, watch as the Big Ten power brokers, redo the future schedules in favor of Ohio State, MI, WI, etc.  

It feels like Texas by another name is still making the rules.   

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

Well it appears the Big Ten has now seized full control of scheduling.  Lets hope they dont continue to steer things toward their preferred conference powers.  I dont see NU in that group.  I know I am very biased but we been given a tougher row to hoe since the first year.  It was to be expected in the beginning as we were the ‘rookies’ but that is no longer fair, imo.  

Now, watch as the Big Ten power brokers, redo the future schedules in favor of Ohio State, MI, WI, etc.  

It feels like Texas by another name is still making the rules.   

Well, the only reason they have taken control of all scheduling is because it's only conference games.  They have always had total control over that.  Once we can have Non-con games we will have the same control we have always had.

Now, I do agree with you on our scheduling since we came into the conference and it's frustrating.  

3 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Well, the only reason they have taken control of all scheduling is because it's only conference games.  They have always had total control over that.  Once we can have Non-con games we will have the same control we have always had.

Now, I do agree with you on our scheduling since we came into the conference and it's frustrating.  

The point is they took control of scheduling (all).  They did not need to redo all the conference slate, just change a few dates if they wanted to start later or end earlier.

I read a part of some report saying the new conference scheds into the future would reflect the changed put in this year.   I also assume the sched was adopted with little or no imput by each school and certainly no

public discussion or notice.   This is a special case but this also about the third or fourth redo of Big Ten scheduling in about 8 or 9 years.  Lets make it a lottery and then rotate alphabetically every

2 years so over time every team gets a fair draw.   

8 hours ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

The point is they took control of scheduling (all).  They did not need to redo all the conference slate, just change a few dates if they wanted to start later or end earlier.

I read a part of some report saying the new conference scheds into the future would reflect the changed put in this year.   I also assume the sched was adopted with little or no imput by each school and certainly no

public discussion or notice.   This is a special case but this also about the third or fourth redo of Big Ten scheduling in about 8 or 9 years.  Lets make it a lottery and then rotate alphabetically every

2 years so over time every team gets a fair draw.   

Erm, they made the original conference schedule. And the teams that had changes made were so each team had 5 home and 5 away games. Then so they didnt have to travel to the same school 3 years in a row they switched it, home next year if they were away this year and vice versa. Nothing earth shattering there. Just keeping the home and away rotation.