Defensive Play Discussion

Mavric

6 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I'm pretty sure that's basically what they're doing.  Nelson didn't play as much against teams that run more spread sets (Ohio State, Northwestern, Illinois) but played more against more power teams (Penn State & Iowa).  Tannor didn't play as much against Iowa but played more against Ohio State and Northwestern.

Ok, same page. I like Nelson's potential as an edge rusher and I'm hoping he's sort of the missing link we've been waiting for.

He's not exactly that 'natural talent' kind of guy at that position - but he's strong for his size, and if he gets a little bit bigger & stronger I think he'll work out well.

35 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I listened to a 2-hour podcast about The Program yesterday.  I am not a big fan of sports movies, just because they get so many things wrong, but the podcast made me want to re-watch that movie.

You got a link for that podcast? Sounds interesting

2 hours ago, Undone said:

Ok, same page. I like Nelson's potential as an edge rusher and I'm hoping he's sort of the missing link we've been waiting for.

He's not exactly that 'natural talent' kind of guy at that position - but he's strong for his size, and if he gets a little bit bigger & stronger I think he'll work out well.

I actually  think Nelson needs to get a bit faster off the edge if he intends to stay at OLB.

• Plus1 1

39 minutes ago, Mavric said:

#BeastMode

On plays like this I think there's maybe one area of improvement that either isn't getting acknowledged or just gets lost in the noise - this coaching staff has figured out how to make our defense more physical this year.

The way cam blasts through that block with intensity and then keeps his balance to make the tackle - we didn't see as much of that kind of stuff last year IMO.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1