The Biden Cabinet

5 minutes ago, teachercd said:

So, if you got elected to something and your kids were in politics and had law degrees and Poly Sci degrees and had run for local office and all that...you wold not not put them in charge of government functions?  

I will plus 1 you for that!  That is impressive!

Hey, If you were a head coach and your kids all played the sport you coached in HS and college and then GA'ed the sport as a coach, would you help them...or...wait...never mind.

No I wouldn't. I'd help them network and meet other people in government, but they'd need to get into government (or any other career) on their own.

• Plus1 2

7 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

No I wouldn't. I'd help them network and meet other people in government, but they'd need to get into government (or any other career) on their own.

That is awesome!  Good for you.  Don't help those kids.  Make them earn it.  

Don't give a reference, don't let them use your name!  EARN IT!  There is nothing wrong with that at all.

10 hours ago, teachercd said:

So, if you got elected to something and your kids were in politics and had law degrees and Poly Sci degrees and had run for local office and all that...you wold not not put them in charge of government functions?  

I will plus 1 you for that!  That is impressive!

Hey, If you were a head coach and your kids all played the sport you coached in HS and college and then GA'ed the sport as a coach, would you help them...or...wait...never mind.

what if all my kids and their spouses were unqualified and i still named them to high positions in my government?

• Plus1 2

4 minutes ago, commando said:

lack of  relative job experience or lack of relative schooling.  the only thing relative is your name.   you know....nepotism.

I get what you are trying to say and I assume that you are looking at this as a Trump thing.  But I am not.

Everyone one of us, RedDenver included, would help our kids anyway we can/could.  It is normal.  

No one has experience until they do it.  

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Of course they would!  They are nuts

That is what crazy people do.

I do not think nepotism is evil.

You work in a bank. You have access to all that money. You're going to take some for your kids, right? Because you would help your kids anyway you can/could.  It is normal.  Right?

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, knapplc said:

You work in a bank. You have access to all that money. You're going to take some for your kids, right? Because you would help your kids anyway you can/could.  It is normal.  Right?

Absolutely.  If I worked in a bank I would have my deposits in said bank too.  So I guess I would take out some of that money In the bank for my kids if they were in need.  Sad that you wouldn’t.  

• Plus1 2

7 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I don't work in a bank.

I work at a school and if my kid needed a ruler I would take one form school.  That is normal.

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Absolutely.  If I worked in a bank I would have my deposits in said bank too.  So I guess I would take out some of that money In the bank for my kids if they were in need.  Sad that you wouldn’t.  

3 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I don't work in a bank.

I work at a school and if my kid needed a ruler I would take one form school.  That is normal.

You know that's not the analogy. The answer you're looking for is "No, I wouldn't take the bank's money because that's illegal."

Just like nepotism is illegal.

Stop arguing just to argue.

1 minute ago, knapplc said:

You know that's not the analogy. The answer you're looking for is "No, I wouldn't take the bank's money because that's illegal."

Just like nepotism is illegal.

Stop arguing just to argue.

I am not arguing, I am not trying to change your mind.  

• Plus1 1