Biden's America

2 hours ago, funhusker said:

Just brainstorming....

But maybe make it so anyone making a "livable wage" can't be listed as a dependent on someone else's taxes.  :dunno

Okay, that is actually a pretty good idea!

I mean, really people just need to use common sense, but of course, we can't.

You told me where you live, or the general area, none of those kids living there need a "livable wage" , which is the term that people are using to create this increase, which is totally fine with me.  

But if "they" are going to use that phrase "they" should actually stand by that.

• Plus1 2

8 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Really interesting.  I'd be interested in knowing what sectors of the consumer spending drove this.

A reply to Simon’s gaslighting.  Nope, not one time, never in the last three R presidenci…….whoops.  Simon is too simple in his thinking and posting.  Next time just give the data Simon instead of trying to gaslight.   You will be better for it.  

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
59 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

GDP growth of 4.9% is impressive. Luckily economic policy isn't driven by the vibes of Fox News.

38 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Yes, all of these things make up GDP numbers. It means people are still buying houses, signing rental agreements, purchasing their prescriptions, all of which are part of every GDP report. 

I'm also tickled that this guy didn't highlight "as well as recreational goods and services" because people spending money on things that make them happy is to much positivity I guess. (Those are also very broad categories that encompasses a wide range of purchases.)

2 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

GDP growth of 4.9% is impressive. Luckily economic policy isn't driven by the vibes of Fox News.

Yes, all of these things make up GDP numbers. It means people are still buying houses, signing rental agreements, purchasing their prescriptions, all of which are part of every GDP report. 

I'm also tickled that this guy didn't highlight "as well as recreational goods and services" because people spending money on things that make them happy is to much positivity I guess. (Those are also very broad categories that encompasses a wide range of purchases.)

It's a little more nuanced than that.  

LINK

Housing’s combined contribution to GDP generally averages 15-18%, and occurs in two basic ways:

• Residential investment (averaging roughly 3-5% of GDP), which includes construction of new single-family and multifamily structures, residential remodeling, production of manufactured homes, and brokers’ fees.
  • Consumption spending on housing services (averaging roughly 12-13% of GDP), which includes gross rents and utilities paid by renters, as well as owners’ imputed rents and utility payments.

Including owners’ imputed rent (an estimate of how much it would cost to rent owner-occupied units) in GDP has long been a standard practice in national income accounting. Were owners’ imputed rent not included, an increase in the homeownership rate would cause GDP to decline.

So, I would be interested in knowing how much of it was because people built new homes or signed new rental agreements....or just increases in rent and utilities.

• Plus1 1

33 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

i wonder if there is any chance this could work?  There  might be enough republicans to support this.   or will MAGA help Tommy continue the blockade?   while they are at it maybe do the same for the ambassadors that are being held up

• Oh Yeah! 1
38 minutes ago, commando said:

i wonder if there is any chance this could work?  There  might be enough republicans to support this.   or will MAGA help Tommy continue the blockade?   while they are at it maybe do the same for the ambassadors that are being held up

Like the ones to Israel and other middle eastern countries?  Naaa...those wouldn't be important right now.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1