Biden's America

38 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Does that typically family have 3.5 jobs, as well as run a meth lab and brothel out of that $725,000 home??? I know like one person with a home worth that much and they own several businesses.

Gotta thank Donald's tiny (.) for the now thematic Republican trend of inflating numbers to make them seem bigger.

On 10/28/2023 at 11:28 AM, Archy1221 said:

Fortunately for me, my world is doing ok:thumbs  decent strawman though!  

https://www.bankrate.com/banking/federal-reserve/wage-to-inflation-index/#:~:text=Nonetheless%2C a gap between household,new Inflation To Wage Index.

But it failed to be fully felt. Parallel with supply shocks and pandemic-related disruptions, inflation also burst as the economy fired off on all cylinders, eating away at many workers’ gains. When the gap between wage growth and inflation was at its widest in the third quarter of 2022, prices had jumped 12.8 percent since the start of 2021, while wages had climbed a smaller 9.1 percent, a 3.7-point gap, a Bankrate analysis of inflation and wage growth data shows.

Pay is beginning to catch up in the race, and since May, has been rising faster than inflation after losing ground for more than two years. As of the second quarter of 2023, prices are up 15.8 percent since the beginning of 2021, while wages have climbed 12.8 percent, based on the latest Bureau of Labor Statistics data. The trend is a win for workers — a feature of a job market that’s been surprisingly resilient as inflation slows and interest rates rise.

Nonetheless, a gap between household buying power and inflation remains.

Pay is beginning to catch up in the race, and since May, has been rising faster than inflation after losing ground for more than two years. As of the second quarter of 2023, prices are up 15.8 percent since the beginning of 2021, while wages have climbed 12.8 percent, based on the latest Bureau of Labor Statistics data. The trend is a win for workers — a feature of a job market that’s been surprisingly resilient as inflation slows and interest rates rise.

Nonetheless, a gap between household buying power and inflation remains. At its current pace, workers’ wages aren’t set to recover their loss of total purchasing power until at some point in the fourth quarter of 2024, according to Bankrate’s new Inflation To Wage Index.

Nonetheless, a gap between household buying power and inflation remains. At its current pace, workers’ wages aren’t set to recover their loss of total purchasing power until at some point in the fourth quarter of 2024, according to Bankrate’s new Inflation To Wage Index.

Ya us!  I guess. 

So look, I get that you are probably embarrassed your candidate is doing such an awful job he is currently on ice to get primaried cause people no longer want him and is losing in polls to a person under 4 criminal trials.  I hope you keep voting, but let’s hope for everyone’s pocket book you pick a candidate that helps create more purchasing power and retirement wealth for the folks!   DM me if you want help choosing. 

I get that the best performing economy coupled with the lowest inflation in the world is painful for you. Blowing up the economy is a Republican speciality after all - but a Democrat is here to fix things... again. It's been explained to you multiple times that inflation is worldwide, was expected by World Banks all over the world during the pandemic, and the United States is currently leading the world in this area. But I get it, in the alternate reality you inhabit you can't reconcile voting for dangerous morons so you project. And that's okay. 

But please, stay away from a voting booth. The world really cannot take you people showing up en masse again.

• Plus1 2
  • TBH 3
3 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:
On 10/28/2023 at 11:28 AM, Archy1221 said:

I get that the best performing economy coupled with the lowest inflation in the world is painful for you.

I don’t think you do as I make enough to get by.  However it is painful to the 65% of Republicans, Democrats, and Independents that think the economy is not working for them and why Biden has a primary challenger with other prominent Democrats saying he needs to go.  

5 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

It's been explained to you multiple times that inflation is worldwide, was expected by World Banks all over the world during the pandemic, and the United States is currently leading the world in this area. But I get it, in the alternate reality you inhabit you can't reconcile voting for dangerous morons so you project. And that's okay. 

I do find it interesting that you gloss over any non biased article on the subject shown to yiu:dunno

btw…I’ll ask a third time now.   What about those economic polls in 2018 and 2019?   The ones you said never show positive results.   

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 1
2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

I don’t think you do as I make enough to get by.  However it is painful to the 65% of Republicans, Democrats, and Independents that think the economy is not working for them and why Biden has a primary challenger with other prominent Democrats saying he needs to go.  

I do find it interesting that you gloss over any non biased article on the subject shown to yiu:dunno

btw…I’ll ask a third time now.   What about those economic polls in 2018 and 2019?   The ones you said never show positive results.   

I genuinely thought I addressed this. If I haven't I apologize. The primary reason Americans view on the economy as negative now compared to 2018/2019 compared to now is primarily because of a global pandemic and resulting worldwide inflation, obviously.

Assuming you want to compare why our current overwhelmingly positive economic indicators arent being received positively, is because of partisanship amd distrust in reporting. Americans largely report how the economy is doing based on what party controls the Presidency instead of what's going on around them. 

In 2018/2019 for example, when asked if the economy was going the wrong way ~5% of Republicans agreed while ~40% of Democrats agreed. When Joe Biden was inaugurated, the share of Republicans who agreed that the economy was moving the wrong way spiked to 69%. Republicans simply respond in a more partisan fashion to questions relating to the economy than Democrats do. Both respond in a partisan fashion, Republicans just moreso. (Note: Democrats respond in similar partisan fashion to issues relating to education or social services.)

Over time, the partisan responses are getting worse and more intense. Americans rarely report satisfaction in the economy, averaging in the 40s no matter what. But starting after 9/11 under Bush and intensifying under Obama after 2008, partisan response means that Presidents are simply not likely to average high marks for the economy no matter what. 

There are numerous examples of partisanship in economic questions compared to reality, just one of many examples: 

A Harris poll revealed that 60% of Republicans believe the unemployment rate is at a 50 year high. The reality, of course, is that rate is at a 54 year low.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • TBH 2
1 hour ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

I genuinely thought I addressed this. If I haven't I apologize. The primary reason Americans view on the economy as negative now compared to 2018/2019 compared to now is primarily because of a global pandemic and resulting worldwide inflation, obviously.

Assuming you want to compare why our current overwhelmingly positive economic indicators arent being received positively, is because of partisanship amd distrust in reporting. Americans largely report how the economy is doing based on what party controls the Presidency instead of what's going on around them. 

In 2018/2019 for example, when asked if the economy was going the wrong way ~5% of Republicans agreed while ~40% of Democrats agreed. When Joe Biden was inaugurated, the share of Republicans who agreed that the economy was moving the wrong way spiked to 69%. Republicans simply respond in a more partisan fashion to questions relating to the economy than Democrats do. Both respond in a partisan fashion, Republicans just moreso. (Note: Democrats respond in similar partisan fashion to issues relating to education or social services.)

Over time, the partisan responses are getting worse and more intense. Americans rarely report satisfaction in the economy, averaging in the 40s no matter what. But starting after 9/11 under Bush and intensifying under Obama after 2008, partisan response means that Presidents are simply not likely to average high marks for the economy no matter what. 

There are numerous examples of partisanship in economic questions compared to reality, just one of many examples: 

A Harris poll revealed that 60% of Republicans believe the unemployment rate is at a 50 year high. The reality, of course, is that rate is at a 54 year low.

And…..4 out of 10 Democrats believe unemployment is at a 50 yr high.  5 out of 10 Independents believe unemployment is at a 50 yr high.   With a Democrat President.  

Americans reported a 60plus% approval rating of the economy during the Trump Administration.  Only 30% of Americans identify as Republicans :thumbs   

60+% of Americans disapprove of the economy during the Biden Administration.  Once again, only 30% of Americans identify as Republicans.   You might need a better more accurate explainer. 

• TBH 1
1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

And…..4 out of 10 Democrats believe unemployment is at a 50 yr high.  5 out of 10 Independents believe unemployment is at a 50 yr high.   With a Democrat President.  

Americans reported a 60plus% approval rating of the economy during the Trump Administration.  Only 30% of Americans identify as Republicans :thumbs   

60+% of Americans disapprove of the economy during the Biden Administration.  Once again, only 30% of Americans identify as Republicans.   You might need a better more accurate explainer. 

There are a variety of reasons for this. Firstly each party has a series of 'trait ownership' they each control. For certain issues, America's two political parties are seen as doing a better job vs the other party on various forms of policy, even if it's not true in practice. I'm linking you just two of many studies regarding trait ownership, you can probably take an entire political science class on it.

Republicans own traits pertaining to the economy, defense, national security, crime, etc. Democrats are seen as better at education, anti-poverty programs, the environment, etc. With these traits, political parties get higher marks than they otherwise would from the public given the real performance on those issues. Also, interestingly, attempts by either party to cross over these traits are treated with suspicion. George Bush doesn't get credit for "No Child Left Behind" while Obama was treated worse than he would've been for expanding the use of drones and not winding down the War on Terror as much as he campaigned on for example. 

Lastly, you seem to have a misunderstanding of the partisan makeup of the country. While ~38% of the public identify as 'Independents', they aren't actually that independent at all. 81% of that group leans overwhelmingly toward one party over the other. The vast majority of "Independents" are really just voters with a low interest in politics, have a negative view of the two party system, and are reluctant to identify as a Republican or Democrat... even though they overwhelming vote for the same party election after election.

In sum, the public simply view Republicans as being better with the economy even if it's not true. And while Republicans only make up ~26% of the electorate, huge swaths of 'Independents' actually back them and share their views and party support. Once you add in increasing partisanship as explained in my previous post, it's a recipe for the public's perception of the economy even if it's at complete odds with reality.

• TBH 1

3 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

7 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

However it is painful to the 65% of Republicans, Democrats, and Independents that think the economy is not working for them and why Biden has a primary challenger with other prominent Democrats saying he needs to go.  

Can you make up your mind whether the opinions of the american people are a valid defense or not?

• Haha 1
  • TBH 2
7 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:
9 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

There are a variety of reasons for this. Firstly each party has a series of 'trait ownership' they each control. For certain issues, America's two political parties are seen as doing a better job vs the other party on various forms of policy, even if it's not true in practice. I'm linking you just two of many studies regarding trait ownership, you can probably take an entire political science class on it.

Republicans own traits pertaining to the economy, defense, national security, crime, etc. Democrats are seen as better at education, anti-poverty programs, the environment, etc. With these traits, political parties get higher marks than they otherwise would from the public given the real performance on those issues. Also, interestingly, attempts by either party to cross over these traits are treated with suspicion. George Bush doesn't get credit for "No Child Left Behind" while Obama was treated worse than he would've been for expanding the use of drones and not winding down the War on Terror as much as he campaigned on for example. 

Ah ah ah ah ahhhhh….you were quite certain in an earlier post that the population at large almost ALWAYS had a dour view on the economy, trait properties be damned, EVEN IN GOOD TIMES.   You cited Clinton years as an example.  

So now, what made 2018/2019 unique and go against what you were saying before going off on this tangent?   Trump had an awful overall rating.  As bad as Joe is now, yet the economy had great ratings.  Actually some 15-20 points higher than his actual vote totals.  The Big Guys is 15 points lower?  

• Plus1 2