What is the future of the Republican Party?

15 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Yes, I do think there are may pro-life Dems - some in my family.   I was also a one issue voter at one time.  No more.   I think the issue could be summed up in the word 'grace' - grace given or not given.  Too many are believing like old testament believers - where the LAW ruled- Thou shalt not!  I'm opposed to these one size fits all draconian laws that some of the red states are passing. There is no grace in them.  There is no allowance for individual situations that are very, very personal to the individual.  I do believe there should be reasonable limits on abortion.   I don't believe that we turn into Iran in placing those limits.   

I love the "grace given or not given".  Beautiful sentiment that covers a lot today.  Thanks for the perspective.

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Why does this keep happening?  This has happened so many times now that it is obviously not a mistake.  @Archy1221  Any ideas?

My guess is it's either sent directly from their Putinist handlers or the footage was dropped by a Russian bot on one of their dark right-wing sites like Parlor, Gettr or Truth Social and they picked it off. 

Either way it's telling especially considering their support of Putin by spouting off we need to stop funding Ukraine at this pivotal moment and instead fund disaster relief when they themselves voted against disaster relief.  That's such a red herring.  

I would note the absolute silence in the "Russia" thread from our resident MAGA propagandists.  Their fever dream is a Russian/US alliance that squashes liberal democracy around the world.  Won't that be a hoot?

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

But, it makes no sense. They know it’s going to get caught. So, is this really some weird pander to their radical base?  If so, why do those people love this?  

I'm not so sure they know they'll get caught.  These folks are missing a can in their 6pk.

• Plus1 1
7 hours ago, Scarlet said:

Anyone know when the Herschel Walker lawsuit is going to drop?  It was supposed to be two days ago.  Seems like an easy win especially since he didn't know the accuser and she didn't have receipts....oh wait.

I think it will be in about 2 weeks, like former guy's taxes, healthcare plan, law suit against (pick your oponent") Infractructure week, yada yada yada.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

26 minutes ago, commando said:

dude..everyone knows what pork is....tell us the specific pork he was rejecting

Did your tweet source happen to explain why Rand voted that way?  

you will notice I didn’t say why he voted no, I wondered why the reason for the vote was given.  

Thrn I said you were probably right about pork spending  being in the bill.  

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Did your tweet source happen to explain why Rand voted that way?  

you will notice I didn’t say why he voted no, I wondered why the reason for the vote was given.  

Thrn I said you were probably right about pork spending  being in the bill.  

you said it was pork.....:dunno

8 hours ago, commando said:

i am sure it was the usual "the dems had demonic things in there" type BS

If by “demonic” things you mean extra pork spending then you are probably right.  

• Fire 1
14 minutes ago, commando said:

you said it was pork.....:dunno

8 hours ago, commando said:

i am sure it was the usual "the dems had demonic things in there" type BS

If by “demonic” things you mean extra pork spending then you are probably right.  

I said you were “probably” right if you meant pork spending.  It sounds like something he would do.   

I have no idea why he voted no or even that he voted no prior to today hence the word “probably” in my statement.

There is a reason Rand voted that way, but the tweeter didn’t want to give it which is why I asked.  

You are intentionally making this more complicated than it needs to be and trying to turn it into something about me for some reason.  :blink:

• Plus1 1
37 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

I said you were “probably” right if you meant pork spending.  It sounds like something he would do.   

I have no idea why he voted no or even that he voted no prior to today hence the word “probably” in my statement.

There is a reason Rand voted that way, but the tweeter didn’t want to give it which is why I asked.  

You are intentionally making this more complicated than it needs to be and trying to turn it into something about me for some reason.  :blink:

kk then...it was probably something demonic that the democrats had in there    

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

The very fact Herschel is even sniffing elected office, let alone the Senate, is a sad reflection of how terrible the GOP has become.

This is what we get when candidate quality (and personal responsibility, morality, honesty, etc.) have been completely devalued in favor of popularity and name recognition.

One of ‘‘em admitted it somewhere on here. “I don’t care how awful Herschel is, we want control of the Senate.”

Gonna go ahead and say the “We don’t care, we want power” crowd and their chosen candidates SHOULDN’T have it.

• Plus1 2