What is the future of the Republican Party?

How anyone (Archy) can be under the delusion that the Republicans do or have done anything for anyone besides the ultra rich is beyond me. Healthcare? Nope. Taxes? Nope. Freedom? Nope. Education? Nope. Themselves, their cronies and their election coffers? Oh yeah.

Oops, I forgot, they have banned the word Latinx and are working feverishly on that litter box in schools problem. Good job Rs :thumbs

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 3

4 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

No, though that has nothing to do with what I said. 

Yep, stats and numbers used out of context mean nothing. Weird that you tossed that nugget out there veiled as some sort of defense against your party’s attempts to cripple the IRS. Why would you do that….again and again and again?

• Plus1 5
  • Thanks 1
22 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Yep, stats and numbers used out of context mean nothing. Weird that you tossed that nugget out there veiled as some sort of defense against your party’s attempts to cripple the IRS. Why would you do that….again and again and again?

Almost Half the population pays zero income tax.  That’s reality not some fantasy.   Its not out of context, it’s reality.  

The tax code in the country is absolutely insane.  No rational person could disagree with that statement.   All the loopholes, all the people with means being able to take advantage of those loopholes and more.  The middle class and upper middle class who prepare their own taxes don’t take all the deductions they can or don’t know about them out of fear of audit.  People not even paying a single penny in income tax to have a sense of what they are voting for when politicians continually waste our money.  

Gov should Reform the tax code to something not stupid.  If you agree that the tax code is all hunky dory then we definitely disagree

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
20 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Almost Half the population pays zero income tax.  That’s reality not some fantasy.   Its not out of context, it’s reality.  

The tax code in the country is absolutely insane.  No rational person could disagree with that statement.   All the loopholes, all the people with means being able to take advantage of those loopholes and more.  The middle class and upper middle class who prepare their own taxes don’t take all the deductions they can or don’t know about them out of fear of audit.  People not even paying a single penny in income tax to have a sense of what they are voting for when politicians continually waste our money.  

Gov should Reform the tax code to something not stupid.  If you agree that the tax code is all hunky dory then we definitely disagree

Nice deflection and attempt to change the subject. I never said anything contrary. Yes, the tax code needs to be fixed, simplified and made more fair. But that isn’t what this is about. You replied to a post that was about the Rs wanting to hamstring the IRS, with the simple fact that a bunch of people pay $0 income tax. You are very aware of why you did that. It had everything to do with supporting your favorite party’s attempts to limit funding the IRS and nothing to do with detailing how jacked up the tax code is. If that was really your purpose you picked a poor post to reply to and your timing was atrocious.

Maybe, possibly, the tax code could get fixed AND we could adequately fund the IRS to enforce said tax code. Disagreeing with the current tax code is no reason to kneecap the agency responsible for enforcing it. But sure, fixing and simplifying the tax code is also desirable and something to strive for. I wonder why your party is focusing on tearing down the IRS rather than fixing the code. I would think you should be wondering the same thing instead of defending what they are actually doing.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
  • TBH 1

14 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

But that isn’t what this is about. You replied to a post that was about the Rs wanting to hamstring the IRS, with the simple fact that a bunch of people pay $0 income tax

The final sentence in the quote said everyone should pay their fair share.  My statement stands and was on topic.  Most of those paying zero fed income tax are not paying their fare share.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, funhusker said:

Half of drivers break traffic laws, and the other half don’t.

Therefore we should save a ton of money and get rid of the State Patrol!!!

If you read this and say to yourself “what the f#&%?”

Good for you :thumbs

People who drive 1,000,000 miles pay the same gas tax rates as those who drive 1,000 miles.  Since we are doing the driving analogy thing. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
41 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

You had no point when you equated driving to paying income tax and that’s pretty much “the point” that nobody missed

That’s not what I did.  Actually the point of my post was to illustrate how pointless it was.

It’s okay that you don’t understand the point.  My post about the state patrol wasn’t really directed at you anyway…

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 2