What is the future of the Republican Party?

27 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Yes. And your continued defense of her in this thread kind of supports that.

I will never figure out why you continue to make claims based on things that are not actually happening.  As you clearly know, I haven’t defended her or her seat.  As you clearly know, I am on record of voting her out. As you also clearly know, I’m on record of wanting to follow Precedent and normal process.  Yet you make claims like this quite often.  Wonder why that might be? 

• Plus1 2

49 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

I will never figure out why you continue to make claims based on things that are not actually happening.  As you clearly know, I haven’t defended her or her seat.  As you clearly know, I am on record of voting her out. As you also clearly know, I’m on record of wanting to follow Precedent and normal process.  Yet you make claims like this quite often.  Wonder why that might be? 

But, you think she should stay on committees.  That’s defending her.  

1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

You think I would lose my bet if I were able to make it? 

If the Dems hadn’t kicked her out of committees, yes you would lose.  

Now, it’s about 50/50.  

50 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

How much were they paid by government treasury?  

LOL.....do you think that’s the only way they would have been paid?

• Plus1 1
16 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

No, I said that the  Republican Conference should decide that as opposed to the process that happened.  

That is two totally different things.  I have stated that she should be off. I’m trying to defend process not outcome everyone knows this but tries to twist my words into something the aren’t. 

18 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

• Plus1 2

3 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

No, I said that the  Republican Conference should decide that as opposed to the process that happened.  

That is two totally different things.  I have stated that she should be off. I’m trying to defend process not outcome everyone knows this but tries to twist my words into something the aren’t. 

When were they going to do that?  You do know that most of them voted for her to stay on committees, right?  So, with this statement, you are supporting her being on committees. 

They had every chance in the world to make it bipartisan. But, your party chose to support her.  Support them and yours supporting her. 

45 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

What was their benefit?  Who the F cares that someone did some government work for free and didn’t benefit financially.  

I mean, hell, we’re only three weeks into this Administration and the President’s son already signed a book deal, and the VP’s step daughter signed a modeling contract somehow.  Kids are already cashing in.  

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
13 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

What was their benefit?  Who the F cares that someone did some government work for free and didn’t benefit financially.  

I mean, hell, we’re only three weeks into this Administration and the President’s son already signed a book deal, and the VP’s step daughter signed a modeling contract somehow.  Kids are already cashing in.  

Again, you're either blinded by the need to support and protect your own team or you're deliberately avoiding looking at what Trump and co did since it was much the same as what you're outraged by about Biden and co. Ivanka's trademark deals with China is but one among many.

But beyond that, as I've said repeatedly, nepotism is about granting favors like appointments, which Trump obviously did. No matter how much you want to change the definition or conversation to something else, that remains true. And Jared and Ivanka gain power, prestige, reputation even without being directly paid.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1