What is the future of the Republican Party?

16 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Again, you're either blinded by the need to support and protect your own team or you're deliberately avoiding looking at what Trump and co did since it was much the same as what you're outraged by about Biden and co. Ivanka's trademark deals with China is but one among many.

But beyond that, as I've said repeatedly, nepotism is about granting favors like appointments, which Trump obviously did. No matter how much you want to change the definition or conversation to something else, that remains true. And Jared and Ivanka gain power, prestige, reputation even without being directly paid.

LOL

• Plus1 1

16 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

What was their benefit?  Who the F cares that someone did some government work for free and didn’t benefit financially.  

I mean, hell, we’re only three weeks into this Administration and the President’s son already signed a book deal, and the VP’s step daughter signed a modeling contract somehow.  Kids are already cashing in.  

So, when someone is related to the President or VP, they can't go get a job or sign a deal that's not related with anything in the government?

How is that anything like appointing your kids to high level positions where they benefit financially with the decisions they make?

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

So, when someone is related to the President or VP, they can't go get a job or sign a deal that's not related with anything in the government?

How is that anything like appointing your kids to high level positions where they benefit financially with the decisions they make?

Where did they benefit financially based on decisions Javanka made in their respective roles?  

https://www.google.com/amp/s/fortune.com/2021/02/03/ivanka-trump-jared-kushner-income-hit-white-house/amp/

Overall, the disclosures suggest Trump and Kushner, though still extremely wealthy, lost ground or tread water economically during their controversial stints in her father’s administration. In 2017, shortly after joining the White House staff, they reported income of as much as $195 million, but that initial disclosure covered a longer period of time than the ones that followed.

• Plus1 1
47 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Where did they benefit financially based on decisions Javanka made in their respective roles?  

https://www.google.com/amp/s/fortune.com/2021/02/03/ivanka-trump-jared-kushner-income-hit-white-house/amp/

Overall, the disclosures suggest Trump and Kushner, though still extremely wealthy, lost ground or tread water economically during their controversial stints in her father’s administration. In 2017, shortly after joining the White House staff, they reported income of as much as $195 million, but that initial disclosure covered a longer period of time than the ones that followed.

Why do you keep pretending that money is the only type of favor possible? I've said multiple times now that it's not.

• Plus1 1
13 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Why do you keep pretending that money is the only type of favor possible? I've said multiple times now that it's not.

Well I was responding to this:

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

And you still haven’t shown anyone here where they benefited outside of working for free 

• Plus1 1

4 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Well I was responding to this:

And you still haven’t shown anyone here where they benefited outside of working for free 

Except for all the links I previously provided that you had nothing to respond with but "LOL". Here they are again:

19 hours ago, RedDenver said:

• Plus1 1
46 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Except for all the links I previously provided that you had nothing to respond with but "LOL". Here they are again:

And like I said, cool, they worked for free and had their income go down, get beaten up in the press nonstop.  Such outrage.  

• Plus1 1
51 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

LINK

Cadre has also drawn conflict-of-interest questions. It launched a fund to take advantage of massive tax breaks by investing in downtrodden areas designated “Opportunity Zones,” a Trump administration program pushed by both Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner.

Also, this month the Guardian newspaper reported that Cadre received $90 million in foreign funding from an opaque offshore vehicle since Kushner entered the White House.

Kushner appears to have cut his debt. He had loans and lines of credit worth at least $27 million at the end of last year, down from a minimum value of $40 million the previous year. His lenders include Bank of America, Citi Group and Deutsche Bank. Deutsche Bank is also a major lender to President Trump’s company and has been subpoenaed by congressional investigators looking into his finances.

LINK

A real estate company part-owned by Jared Kushner has received $90m in foreign funding from an opaque offshore vehicle since he entered the White House as a senior adviser to his father-in-law Donald Trump.

Investment has flowed from overseas to the company, Cadre, while Kushner works as an international envoy for the US, according to corporate filings and interviews. The money came through a vehicle run by Goldman Sachs in the Cayman Islands, a tax haven that guarantees corporate secrecy.

Kushner, who is married to Trump’s elder daughter Ivanka, kept a stake in Cadre after joining the administration, while selling other assets. His holding is now valued at up to $50m, according to his financial disclosure documents.

Kushner was initially denied a security clearance by career officials when he joined Trump’s administration. A whistleblower has told Congress it was blocked due to concerns about Kushner’s outside business interests and “foreign influence”. Kushner was later granted a clearance, allegedly after a Trump appointee intervened.

LINK

Bloomberg reports that Jared, together with his wife, Ivanka Trump, earned between $28.8 million and $135.1 million in outside income while working as an adviser to President Donald Trump last year, according to financial disclosures released by the White House on Friday. While Ivanka’s income from her defunct fashion line, which she shuttered in July, was down to at least $1 million from at least $5 million the previous year, she managed to make up for it in other ways. The filings note that the first daughter, who said in an interview in February that “most Americans, in their heart, [don’t] want to be given something.… People want to work for what they get,” made $4 million from her father’s Washington hotel. (You know, the one where foreign governments and other interested parties know to stay if they want to grease the wheels.)

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
1 minute ago, commando said:

the republican party is pushing moderates out...leaving  only the far right fringe elements.    the future is looking bleak if this continues.  but the far right propaganda networks are effective so maybe the party will survive.   

Yep, when they try to kick people like Cheney out while fully supporting Greene, it's pretty telling who they want as the future.

• Plus1 1

8 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

LINK

LINK

LINK

“Overall, the disclosures suggest Trump and Kushner, though still extremely wealthy, lost ground or tread water economically during their controversial stints in her father’s administration. In 2017, shortly after joining the White House staff, they reported income of as much as $195 million, but that initial disclosure covered a longer period of time than the ones that followed.”

If Cadre is your go-to for this, you probably want to research further and try again. 

• Plus1 1
41 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

And like I said, cool, they worked for free and had their income go down, get beaten up in the press nonstop.  Such outrage.  

So, your position is that Jared and Ivanka were noble public servants who were unfairly victimized by the press?

You didn't have any concerns about their role in our government? Were they qualified? What was their expertise? 

• Plus1 1
20 minutes ago, Ulty said:

So, your position is that Jared and Ivanka were noble public servants who were unfairly victimized by the press?

You didn't have any concerns about their role in our government? Were they qualified? What was their expertise? 

Are you upset with any specific policies they counseled the President on that were put into place? 

• Plus1 1
29 minutes ago, Ulty said:

I wasn’t happy that they were there though because I thought they gave Trump bad advice. 

• Plus1 1
44 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Are you upset with any specific policies they counseled the President on that were put into place? 

Yes.

36 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

I wasn’t happy that they were there though because I thought they gave Trump bad advice. 

Like you obviously are.  They were, in no way shape or form, qualified for the jobs and there were other people way more qualified to be there, but Trump always thought He was so much smarter than all the experts.  When in reality, he was a blubbering idiot.

• Plus1 1