The Angry Violent Left

7 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Regardless of what happened what do you expect to preciptate when you go around fear mongering and threatening to violate the Constitution?

I would expect people to not violate the sanctity of someone’s home.  That’s a pretty good start.  

Is objecting to electors violating the Constitution?  I’m genuinely asking.   And no I would not do this in his case because it will eventually go nowhere. 

• Plus1 1

54 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

I would expect people to not violate the sanctity of someone’s home.  That’s a pretty good start.  

Is objecting to electors violating the Constitution?  I’m genuinely asking.   And no I would not do this in his case because it will eventually go nowhere. 

Idk who is in charge of running elections in states? Who certifies state vote counts? Who cast the votes in the electoral college? How is it decided who the electors get to vote for? Where do these powers come from?

• Plus1 1
54 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Did all these folks deserve the Hawley treatment?   Are they violating the constitution?

53 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

You want to provide context to those objections? Either way just because it's been done before doesn't mean it was right then.

7 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Idk who is in charge of running elections in states? Who certifies state vote counts? Who cast the votes in the electoral college? How is it decided who the electors get to vote for? Where do these powers come from?

But you said  earlier “ when you go around fear mongering and threatening to violate the constitution”.

Reads like you were saying Hawley was threatening to violate the Constitution by objecting to certification.  I am asking how based on the statement you made.   Seems you know if you are willing to put it in writing.   If I am wrong, I apologize in advance.  

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Archy1221 said:

Seems you know if you are willing to put it in writing.

Speaking of that, you never answered me if any of the candle-light vigil people were arrested or charged at Hawley's house last night.

Seems like you'd know if you're putting it in the "angry violent left" thread.

10 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Speaking of that, you never answered me if any of the candle-light vigil people were arrested or charged at Hawley's house last night.

Seems like you'd know if you're putting it in the "angry violent left" thread.

Arrests have no bearing on whether or not an angry mob was bearing down on a private home.  It was enough to have a police presence for sure. 

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, Archy1221 said:

Arrests have no bearing on whether or not an angry mob was bearing down on a private home.  It was enough to have a police presence for sure. 

I can get a police presence by calling in a noise complaint. That has no bearing on whether it was "angry" or "violent" as you're alleging.

Video evidence in another thread bears out that it was a candlelight vigil. No threats were made, Hawley lied (go figure!) and this doesn't really belong in this thread.

Is this the part where you apologize?

• Plus1 1
14 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I can get a police presence by calling in a noise complaint. That has no bearing on whether it was "angry" or "violent" as you're alleging.

Video evidence in another thread bears out that it was a candlelight vigil. No threats were made, Hawley lied (go figure!) and this doesn't really belong in this thread.

Is this the part where you apologize?

“If he doesn’t stop we will be back, we will be back with more people”  To do what? Why the need for more people?  Why threaten to come back if they don’t get their way?

It does seem like some angry people to come to a private residence for an hour with a bullhorn.  

Did I allege violent?  

• Plus1 1
Just now, Archy1221 said:

“If he doesn’t stop we will be back, we will be back with more people”  To do what? Why the need for more people?  Why threaten to come back if they don’t get their way?

It does seem like some angry people to come to a private residence for an hour with a bullhorn.  

Did I allege violent?  

So, no apology?