The Angry Violent Left

2 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

it's actually pretty straight forward.

One riot was about frustration for not getting police reform.

The other riot was about killing the democratic process of elections because your candidate lost.

The language was a bit fluffy at times and she didn't get to the point right away.  But she was right with what the riots were about nonetheless.

Additionally, one riot threatened personal property

The other riot threatened national security, our national leaders, our democratic process, and our system of governance. 

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
18 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

it's actually pretty straight forward.

One riot was about frustration for not getting police reform.

The other riot was about killing the democratic process of elections because your candidate lost.

The language was a bit fluffy at times and she didn't get to the point right away.  But she was right with what the riots were about nonetheless.

1) She basically says it’s justified for people to riot for police reform because they feel aggrieved....How exactly will looting and burning up a target or Walmart or Nike or some minority owned small business lead to police reform exactly?   Are those businesses on the police reform commission? How exactly will allowing mobs to walk through neighborhoods is WI breaking windows of homes lead to police reform exactly?  

2) The shop owners and security guards of those businesses were more in harms way than our politicians actually were.  Those small business owners had no one protecting them at times throughout the summer while people beat them down for protecting their property 

3) She lumps the smaller group of people storming the capital in with the larger group of people in DC that broke no laws while protesting their thought of being disenfranchised (real or not) Yet does not do the same for the riots in the summer at night vs the daytime mostly peaceful protests about police brutality.  

4) In no way was the capital storming riot going to amount to a coup or anything close to a destruction of government Or change in governmental control as evidenced by the events that transpired.  I’m gonna go on a limb here and say it will take more than that to topple our military and governmental institutions as evidenced by the end result.  Those events were stupid, lawless, people should be prosecuted, and should never happen again.  Same goes for the summer events.  

• Plus1 3
28 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Additionally, one riot threatened personal property

The other riot threatened national security, our national leaders, our democratic process, and our system of governance. 

I believe over 60 people died from the riots over the summer.  Kinda more than just personal property. 

Pretty amazing that people can’t condemn both situations without also justifying why the summer clowns did what they did. 

• Plus1 2

1 minute ago, Archy1221 said:

I believe over 60 people died from the riots over the summer.  Kinda more than just personal property. 

Pretty amazing that people can’t condemn both situations without also justifying why the summer clowns did what they did. 

It's possible to see shades of gray here. Not all rioting is equally bad. I judge those rioting when a sports team wins a championship much more harshly than those rioting for systemic racism. Both can be condemned while simultaneously recognizing they are not equally bad.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
Just now, RedDenver said:

It's possible to see shades of gray here. Not all rioting is equally bad. I judge those rioting when a sports team wins a championship much more harshly than those rioting for systemic racism. Both can be condemned while simultaneously recognizing they are not equally bad.

Tell they to the shop owner who loses his or her livelihood and the employees of those businesses.  Let them know they lost there job in the name of social justice so it’s not as bad they think.  Let them know at least it wasn’t for a championship celebration. 

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Archy1221 said:

Tell they to the shop owner who loses his or her livelihood and the employees of those businesses.  Let them know they lost there job in the name of social justice so it’s not as bad they think.  Let them know at least it wasn’t for a championship celebration. 

First, they should make an insurance claim. Second, I am condemning the rioting and destruction of property. Third, you're entirely missing the point that while there's destruction of property, we have the ability to make judgments about the severity of the motivations.

It's similar to how we can have different degrees of murder even though the result of the crime was that a person was murdered.

• Plus1 3
6 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

You read my posts, I've justified nothing that happened this summer.

• Plus1 1

12 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

I take an attack on our nation and government more seriously than people protesting in the streets. We as a nation are less safe now than we were before this happened yesterday. We don't know who was in that building, what information was accessed or stolen off congressional desks and computers. I love America, and our Democracy. The violence, loss of life, and destruction of property this summer was terrible. It didn't threaten our nation, our duly elected leaders or the United States Constitution. As a true patriot, and proud American, I can't be silent when this country I love is under attack.

While again, the violence this summer was wrong and terrible, American businesses have insurance to protect against loss of property and the federal government has provided aid that while couldn't possibly replace what some individuals lost completely has certainly helped. Yesterday's attacks threated the constitution of the United States of America directly. If that is destroyed, if our democracy is ruined, there is no coming back. Our standing as a beacon of light to the oppressed people of the world would be gone, and the sacrifices made by every American that lived, fought, and died defending our constitution from the Revolutionary War through the armed conflicts going on today would have been made in vain. 243 years ago, the founding fathers laid out a government that has been the envy of the free world ever since. That is what was attacked yesterday. 

The equivalency you keep presenting is false. If you can't see that you're blind.

• Plus1 1
35 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

People doing bad things for good reasons are less bad.  In other words, THE ROOT REASON is imperative to frame everything in. 

I’m sure those shop owners and employees are more than happy to be on the unemployment line because people burned down destroyed the business they work at.  But that’s fine because it was for a good cause! 

Im sure no business owners had a s#!t time getting insurance companies to make them whole, if they even did, after the summer riots.  But that’s fine because it was for a good cause!  

The 60 plus funerals were fine too because in the end it was for a good cause!  Geesh man.  Call a s#!tty act a s#!tty act.  

40 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

Your opinion on this matters as much to me as a wet fart matters to someone who doesn't wear underwear.  You're 100% biased to see things only your way.

I’m glad we’re on the same page here.  

41 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

it's what was DONE that matters. 

Correct and thank you for agreeing. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
31 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

We as a nation are less safe now than we were before this happened yesterday.

We are not.  If you would like to explain how please let me know.   The system worked.  The rioters were stopped, the Capital Police hopefully learned and will be much more prepared, and the election finalization proceeded to completion.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 3
20 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

WE ARE.

Our democracy was attacked whether you want to grasp that fact or not.  A democratic process was attacked by a seditious mob because they didn't want their candidate to lose.

We as a nation, have had the capitol building breached by people trying to stop our democracy for only the 2nd time in 110 years.

Stop making excuses for it.

I excused their behavior how exactly?  I will answer that for you, I didn’t.  

Does it mean we as a people are currently less safe?  No.  I am as safe as I was last week and the week before.  It does means tweedle dee, tweedle dumb and all their cousins in the riots were unsuccessful in changing anything about our constitution.  
It also hopefully means that this is a learning experience for the Capital police, Metro police, State Guards to coordinate better and faster responses for if a more dangerous band of rioters and mobs try the same thing.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

We are not.  If you would like to explain how please let me know.   The system worked.  The rioters were stopped, the Capital Police hopefully learned and will be much more prepared, and the election finalization proceeded to completion.  

We are-

#1. They KILLED A COP and injured 13 others- so there is one less person in DC trained to respond to these situations and 12 less available.

#2 The fact that they were let in and let out and had little to no resistance from defense forces, shows that our system is and can be corrupted.

#3. We do not know who these people were and what their purpose of going there was. Have offices been bugged? We national security secrets stolen? Prove to me they weren't.

#4. The fact there was little to no repercussions as of yet, has empowered more of these looney toones to try again. Have you seen the posts being shared about their plans on the 19th? Trump just declared he won't be at the inauguration, wonder what is planned to go down?

#5. In the immediate future, and certainly true on the 19th, the removal of the leaders of the capitol police (which should happen due to their epic failure) has weakened the command structure for the next several days/ weeks/ months until replacements can be installed.

#6 Our standing throughout the world took a major hit making it harder to protect our interests at home and abroad.

#7  Boy, if I was a foreign nation waiting to attack, now would sure be a good time to do it.

#8 People were able to get through with cuffs, guns, and other weapons, and at least 1 ied they showed its possible and how to do it. 

#9 It has put all of our future elections at risk for further tampering. 

How does this not register for you? 

• Plus1 3