Insurrection fallout

53 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Sounds like a mob boss threat to me.  Add witness tampering to the long list of crimes committed by Trump. 

Anybody who attempted to influence testimony. Dem or Repub should be jailed to the full extent of the law.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

Wow....I was about an hour later than most watching this.  I am absolutely in shock with what came out today.  DIRECT testimony about how deranged the man was/is that was in control of our country and our military.  AND....someone who overheard the President say that the rioters were doing the right thing if they hang the VP.

And...there are STILL people who believe he was GREAT for our country as President.  Absolutely amazing.  

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

We can all tell our grandkids that we lived through and in a period when a lunatic was in power. 

https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/28/politics/donald-trump-january-6/?dicbo=v2-c6de948b98b6bc525c6a972406680393&hpt=ob_blogfooterold

Consider that. The President of the United States tried to commandeer his limousine, was stopped from doing so, and struck out at one of the people tasked with protecting him. The President, knowing there are armed people gathering, urged that they be let into a confined space so that the crowd looked robust. Amidst chants that his vice president be hung, Trump said that he deserved it.
It sounds more like the plot of a bad made-for-TV movie than real life. And all of it was happening on the same day that thousands of people stormed the Capitol, leaving 5 people dead and more than 100 police officers wounded.
In each of these instances, Trump bridled at having his power -- or that of the mob -- curtailed in any way. The image of Trump created in Hutchinson's testimony is of someone driven wild by anger, spinning out of control even as he was fomenting a lie that the 2020 election was stolen and urging his followers to come to Washington on January 6 to protest the results.
Mick Mulvaney, a former Trump chief of staff, acknowledged the damage done to the former president in Tuesday's hearing. "(I)f the President knew the protesters had weapons, and still encouraged them to go to the Capitol, that is a serious problem," Mulvaney tweeted.
And, again, this behavior was not a one-off on January 6. Trump's behavior was erratic for months following the election.
Hutchinson recounted that shortly after Attorney General Bill Barr told the Associated Press that he had "not seen fraud on a scale that could have effected a different outcome in the election" in early December, she walked into the presidential dining room to find a valet cleaning up -- and with ketchup dripping off the wall. "The President was extremely angry at the AG's AP interview and had thrown his lunch against the wall," said Hutchinson.
Asked whether that was the only time that Trump had behaved that way, Hutchinson said it was not. "There were several times that I was aware of him throwing dishes or flipping the tablecloth so that all the contents of the table went on the floor."
Trump comes across as a man desperately clinging to power, resistant to any attempts to curtail what he believed to be his absolute power to do whatever he wanted -- up to and including remaining in office by any means necessary.
It's an ugly portrait. And, unfortunately, an accurate one.

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

I have so much respect for her today.  And....to think of all the people who were higher up than her and much more experienced....that have been total chicken s#!ts in all of this.  Meadows?  Flynn??  Cipriano???

They were all a part of the crime syndicate.   But I understand why the J6C moved her testimony up.  I sure hope she has some protection around her.  This was indeed a John Dean moment. 

• Fire 1