Economy

1 minute ago, Archy1221 said:

Nice!   Congrats.   Makes me want to buy some AMD call options now. 

s#!t, go for it!

And buy NVDA and SMCI, 

SMCI will get over 800 and NVDA is going to end up as a 5,000 dollar stock.

And, ZIM is moving up, thanks to the US Navy beating the s#!t out of those f#&%ing pirates. 

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Until his multiple criminal indictments actually weaken his electoral prospects - they have not thus far - he's still favored. Keep in mind, to be favored Biden probably needs a 5% lead in polls and for that to translate into a 5% popular vote victory. Any less and we're looking at a repeat of 2016. 

If the market is up between July and Nov this year and the race is close….history says the incumbent will win.   Trump is the only one in recent history that bucked that trend I believe and lost.  

3 minutes ago, teachercd said:

s#!t, go for it!

And buy NVDA and SMCI, 

SMCI will get over 800 and NVDA is going to end up as a 5,000 dollar stock.

And, ZIM is moving up, thanks to the US Navy beating the s#!t out of those f#&%ing pirates. 

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^The Wolf of Huskerboard^^^^^^^

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
8 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

If the market is up between July and Nov this year and the race is close….history says the incumbent will win.   Trump is the only one in recent history that bucked that trend I believe and lost.  

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^The Wolf of Huskerboard^^^^^^^

Literally the only thing I do like him...is drink.

• Plus1 1

13 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Trump is going to be so pissed.

The Morgan Stanley quote is in reference to large bank stock prices because of……..

https://m.investing.com/news/stock-market-news/the-futures-so-bright-large-banks-upgraded-at-morgan-stanley-3287027?ampMode=1

Morgan Stanley equity analysts have adopted a bullish stance on major US banks, anticipating that forthcoming regulatory adjustments concerning higher capital requirements will be less burdensome than initially proposed.

This expected leniency could pave the way for an uptick in stock buybacks, analysts wrote in a note.

“Reading the tea leaves, it looks like Basel Endgame will be lightened up. This opens the door for a significant increase in buybacks, as large cap banks have the highest excess capital levels ever,” analysts said.

The upgrade by Morgan Stanley analysts is based on three key reasons:

1. The risks associated with the “Basel Endgame,” a set of international banking regulations, are becoming clearer.
  2. The potential for a substantial increase in buybacks is emerging, particularly as large banks currently hold the highest levels of excess capital ever recorded, and this is in a context where loan growth is relatively sluggish.
  3. There is a growing confidence in a rebound within the capital markets sector.

On the individual bank stocks level, Bank of America Corp (NYSE:BAC) is upgraded to Overweight while Citigroup Inc (NYSE:C) is double upgraded from Underweight.

This is because analysts argue that Citigroup is the “biggest beneficiary from incremental buybacks.”

“Buybacks at roughly half of book value are a very accretive financial transaction,” the analysts added.

• Plus1 1

16 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Yes it did!  BUT, it should go to green by the end of the day!

SMCI actually on fire again!  Unreal.  

That thing will be at 600 by Friday.

I’m happy I didn’t get any calls on AMD yet, but after this pullback it’s very very enticing.  I think long term ZIM call options would be a good strategy also.   

• Plus1 1