Economy

On 12/29/2023 at 5:05 PM, Archy1221 said:

I like that return in 2023.  Makes up for the -18% return Joe gave us in 2022 for S&P and 33% decline in the Nasdaq.  

Seriously now, do you think decline and rise in things like the stock market and employment in the past two years are more reflective of global pandemic economic reactions, or policies attributed to Joe Biden? 

For what it's worth, I never blamed Donald Trump for the economic crater that hit during his last year in office. 

40 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Seriously now, do you think decline and rise in things like the stock market and employment in the past two years are more reflective of global pandemic economic reactions, or policies attributed to Joe Biden? 

For what it's worth, I never blamed Donald Trump for the economic crater that hit during his last year in office. 

It’s possibly you didn’t see the message I replied to…..hence my wording choice. 

• Plus1 1
5 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Win for JB!

Win for us at the pump!

Loss for me because 2 years ago I about a SUPER Non-Male car instead of what I really wanted because of the cost of gas.

#EverVirgin

#Can'tImpressGirlsWithMyCar

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

I dunno. Why is it down 20% this year?

Oil drilling boomed under the Obama administration. That continued under  the beginning of Trump. However, the industry can not remain viable if it drills and produces to much. They started happening. At one point, the Trump administration actually asked Saudi Arabia to cut back production because oil price was to low and companies were going out of business. 

In 2019, the industry needed to cut back drilling so it didn’t produce too much. 

Then, the pandemic hit and it crashed the entire industry. When Biden came into office, the world was coming out of the pandemic and drilling rig count went back up to pre-pandemic numbers. We are now seeing the benefit from that with lower gas prices. The industry needed to cut back drilling so it didn’t produce too much and crash the price. 

You see, as much as people want to believe it, Presidents don’t have as much control over drilling as political parties want you to believe. It’s an industry controlled by supply and demand.  

But, to claim Biden has cut drilling while ignoring the cut in drilling under Trump, is being disingenuous.  

• TBH 3
2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Oil drilling boomed under the Obama administration. That continued under  the beginning of Trump. However, the industry can not remain viable if it drills and produces to much. They started happening. At one point, the Trump administration actually asked Saudi Arabia to cut back production because oil price was to low and companies were going out of business. 

In 2019, the industry needed to cut back drilling so it didn’t produce too much. 

Then, the pandemic hit and it crashed the entire industry. When Biden came into office, the world was coming out of the pandemic and drilling rig count went back up to pre-pandemic numbers. We are now seeing the benefit from that with lower gas prices. The industry needed to cut back drilling so it didn’t produce too much and crash the price. 

You see, as much as people want to believe it, Presidents don’t have as much control over drilling as political parties want you to believe. It’s an industry controlled by supply and demand.  

But, to claim Biden has cut drilling while ignoring the cut in drilling under Trump, is being disingenuous.  

Thanks for the insight. 

• Plus1 1