Economy

• 2 weeks later...

14 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

Oops, totally forgot Zerohedge isn't on the approved source list for some Huskerboard posters. 

Silly me.

I mean... This is quality content I guess. Not even my bolding.

51K, or more than a third was government workers (which as everyone knows aren't real employees as they don't produce anything of value but instead are a tax on the private sector)

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • TBH 1
12 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

tbf I shared Kennedy's tweet.

And I'm sharing the article he referenced. Kennedy's tweet is idiotic because the books are always cooked when a Dem is in office. Look how good the numbers were and how horrible the economy was under Obama /s

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 2
6 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

Oops, totally forgot Zerohedge isn't on the approved source list for some Huskerboard posters. 

Silly me.

Because consuming information from both far-right and far-left quacks who deal in conspiracy theories, pseudo -science, and foreign propaganda, and then regurgitating it as fact makes one informed, fair and balanced 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 2
8 hours ago, ZRod said:

And I'm sharing the article he referenced. Kennedy's tweet is idiotic because the books are always cooked when a Dem is in office. Look how good the numbers were and how horrible the economy was under Obama /s

Why did you mention Obama? 

The tweet was about the economy today.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

Why did you mention Obama? 

The tweet was about the economy today.

Because the exact same things were said during that administration when the economic recovery was ongoing. We now know that the recovery went well and that foundation led to strong growth for over a decade.

The reality is the same basic calculations are used for everyone, and the numbers are the numbers. The opposition party only cares about the details when it's not their team.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 2
5 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Because the exact same things were said during that administration when the economic recovery was ongoing. We now know that the recovery went well and that foundation led to strong growth for over a decade.

The reality is the same basic calculations are used for everyone, and the numbers are the numbers. The opposition party only cares about the details when it's not their team.

Exactly.  If we should all think negatively about the numbers because so many are government workers, then we should be looking at percentage of government workers in the numbers over time.  Without that data, the one snapshot of this percentage is useless for anything other than the party not in power trying to convince everyone the one in power isn't good.