Economy

10 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Not sure if these seems like a good deal or not

https://barrerasfamilyfarm.com/products/beef-shares?variant=43154796445937

Okay, I have heard that before.  It totally seems like it would be worth it but not many people that have done it say they would do it again.

12 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Not sure if these seems like a good deal or not

https://barrerasfamilyfarm.com/products/beef-shares?variant=43154796445937

Okay, I have heard that before.  It totally seems like it would be worth it but not many people that have done it say they would do it again.

If you don’t hunt, have someone kill a deer for you to process or even better an elk if your lucky enough to know one of those people. 

• Plus1 3

4 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

If you don’t hunt, have someone kill a deer for you to process or even better an elk if your lucky enough to know one of those people. 

I don't hunt...none of my friends really do either and if they did I imagine they would be horrible at it!

Dude, bacon prices are out of control, you are not kidding.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, teachercd said:

I don't hunt...none of my friends really do either and if they did I imagine they would be horrible at it!

Dude, bacon prices are out of control, you are not kidding.

Costco sells 4lbs of bacon for under $20. It's good stuff.

Supermarket bacon prices are outrageous, thanks mostly to a California law requiring producers (both in and out of state) to provide larger confinement spaces. That law took effect July 1st. 

27 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Are there any general contractors on here?

What is the profit margin on a new $420,000 dollar home?  Margins would have been worse in 2020 with COVID prices I’d assume.  Materials have come down since.

Materials have pulled back some here. But definitely not at the same rate as median price. Hope one of the contractors chimes in.

12 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

Materials have pulled back some here. But definitely not at the same rate as median price. Hope one of the contractors chimes in.

My guess is a lot of the added expenses are coming from labor and interest on lines of credit.  

Labor: when so few are qualified, price goes up.  Get your kids in the nearest Shop Class, parents!!!

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

@DevoHusker that’s all interesting information on housing any interest rates. It’s also something we all have pretty much been aware of. 

Question, what are you proposing should have been done differently or what should be done now to fix it?

I'm not proposing anything. It was more fyi.

Sorry, as I was not aware it was this bad. I will refrain from sharing more regarding the housing crisis.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
4 hours ago, DevoHusker said:

I'm not proposing anything. It was more fyi.

Sorry, as I was not aware it was this bad. I will refrain from sharing more regarding the housing crisis.

No…it’s fine and interesting info. 

I see people claiming the administration is failing because they aren’t fixing it. I’ve never seen anyone claim what they should be doing. Or, with inflation problems, what should have they done other than raising interest rates?  The cost of the housing is part of the inflation thry have been trying to fix. 

Understand that you’re just passing along info. 

• Plus1 1

Inflation-driven interest rates post COVID have played a huge part. The other big trend since 2020 are corporations, investors and consortiums getting into the housing market like never before.

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/02/21/how-wall-street-bought-single-family-homes-and-put-them-up-for-rent.html

It's been years since median income folks could afford a house here in California. It's not right but it is supply and demand. Government is trying to intervene but no developer is truly interested in affordable housing. 

• TBH 1