Economy

6 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

Not only did you pick up your mentor's favorite sources you picked up his favorite emojis too.  Good on you.  :thumbs

Did you forget the "boy who cried wolf" lesson we all learned in school?  :dunno

Tell me or your burner bro wouldn't be slobbering all over the board of those numbers were reversed.  

So, the stats were accurate. Got it. 

Not sure who my mentor is.

Not sure what your last sentence is/means.

• Plus1 1

6 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

So, the stats were accurate. Got it. 

Not sure who my mentor is.

Not sure what your last sentence is/means.

It always comes back to personal attacks with that account.  No substance to refute anything.   Just personal attacks unfortunately. 

• TBH 2
3 hours ago, suh_fan93 said:

In fairness to Republican Presidents compared to their Democrat counterparts: Their adminstrations are usually hampered by massive recessions, regressive tax cuts hurting investment, inadvisable military adventures costing trillions, and complete dysfunction when it comes to governance.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
29 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

You know things are going well when the only people complaining are Economists from The Heritage foundation. Of course he's going to frame it as bad.

For example, you can say the labor force participation rate is "depressed" or you can say it's the highest it's been in 3 years. Similar framing is done throughout his post. His numbers are accurate but the framing of his narrative is not.

The reality is that the economic conditions are getting better. We're on a path to economic recovery but it's not perfect yet because there are challenges: foreign wars, high interest rates to combat inflation, etc. Navigating these challenges could of course be better, but navigating them in a way that not only doesn't lead to massive increases in unemployment - which the Federal Reserve is actively trying to cause - but where the economy is adding jobs at a frentic pace is good! 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 3

50 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

You know things are going well when the only people complaining are Economists from The Heritage foundation. Of course he's going to frame it as bad.

For example, you can say the labor force participation rate is "depressed" or you can say it's the highest it's been in 3 years. Similar framing is done throughout his post. His numbers are accurate but the framing of his narrative is not.

The reality is that the economic conditions are getting better. We're on a path to economic recovery but it's not perfect yet because there are challenges: foreign wars, high interest rates to combat inflation, etc. Navigating these challenges could of course be better, but navigating them in a way that not only doesn't lead to massive increases in unemployment - which the Federal Reserve is actively trying to cause - but where the economy is adding jobs at a frentic pace is good! 

image.jpeg.78a64719a574656060b1bf469c902c93.jpeg

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
5 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

So, it sounds like you are saying things suck but that you are trying to frame it in a nice way.  

Look, things suck.  Prices suck, wages are out of control for jobs that should not have out of control wages, home prices suck, property taxes blow.

Unemployment is way down and that is awesome but that is about it right now.

Just say it, it is okay.  No one will get mad at you.  Things suck right now when it comes to prices, taxes and home values.  I said it, no one is going to come and get me.  You are safe here. 

Joe is still going to win in a landslide.  

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 2
2 hours ago, teachercd said:

So, it sounds like you are saying things suck but that you are trying to frame it in a nice way.  

Look, things suck.  Prices suck, wages are out of control for jobs that should not have out of control wages, home prices suck, property taxes blow.

Just say it, it is okay.  No one will get mad at you.  Things suck right now when it comes to prices, taxes and home values.  I said it, no one is going to come and get me.  You are safe here. 

i am 61 years old and every day of my life i have heard people complaining about high prices and taxes.       

• TBH 4

On 10/7/2023 at 6:40 PM, teachercd said:

I never said it didn't suck. 

The reality is that the United States currently has the most resilient economy in the world. That doesn't mean it's perfect.

But, as you astutely point out, the median voter is rarely happy about the economy nor do they see it as booming - even though it currently is. 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
4 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

I never said it didn't suck. 

The reality is that the United States currently has the most resilient economy in the world. That doesn't mean it's perfect.

But, as you astutely point out, the median voter is rarely happy about the economy nor do they see it as booming - even though it currently is. 

Yep

Yep

Yep