Economy

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

Great.  So, now I have to decide that if it gets to $2.51 and I'm at break even, do I sell?  Or is it going to explode and make me rich?

When it hit 5 dollars a few months ago I was pretty convinced it would get well over 10.

Now, I am not so sure but I do think it will hit 5 again.  So you could hopefully double your money.

• Oh Yeah! 2

11 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

The non competes I’m aware of are not like that. If the company fires you, it’s null and void.  Also, you don’t have to start all over. You can still work in the industry and even call on some of your existing customers. 

And, again, it’s very difficult to enforce.  I don’t have a problem with this change.  

I was laid-off and the non-compete was still in effect. I ended up changing industries due to it.

1 hour ago, RedDenver said:

I was laid-off and the non-compete was still in effect. I ended up changing industries due to it.

Those types of scenarios are complete bulls#!t too.  So unfair to the employee and obviously limited your employment opportunities. 

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Those types of scenarios are complete bulls#!t too.  So unfair to the employee and obviously limited your employment opportunities. 

100% agreed.

In my field, I have to submit at least 3 letters of recommendation with one being from a current boss.  Super awkward. 

"Hey, can you write me a letter of rec, I am trying to leave here" 

• Plus1 1

3 hours ago, RedDenver said:

I don’t know anything about non-competes but I have to believe there is not a jury anywhere that would find you at fault after the employer laid you off. I would think you could completely ignore it at that point. (In my absolutely worthless legal opinion)

• TBH 1
3 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

I don’t know anything about non-competes but I have to believe there is not a jury anywhere that would find you at fault after the employer laid you off. I would think you could completely ignore it at that point. (In my absolutely worthless legal opinion)

Almost certainly true. But having just been laid off, I couldn't take the chance on the legal costs.

12 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

Mike Riley's teams seem to have had a no compete clause.  Especially on Saturdays.  I guess you could say the smae for the SF years too.

• Haha 2
  • Fire 1