Economy

• 2 weeks later...

35 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

As always, I think the feds are behind on this.  I think the economy is slowing faster than what is being reported.  Just like when inflation really hit, their delay in reporting doesn't really tell the story of what is happening right now.

How/why the hell did they pick this photo?

2 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Bernie Sanders staffers need to take econ101 again:facepalm:

What am I missing here with your comment? He has a follow up tweet adjusting for inflation. Still looks terrible. But they are fixing a symptom, not the problem. I wish they would fix both. They could start by not doing parent loans. Any loans for college taken out by someone other than the student should have to meet the same criteria as a normal loan. Maybe if a student is going out of state they should only get student loans worth the amount it would have cost to stay in state. And parents/high schools need to stop telling every kid they should go to school, and employers should stop requiring degrees for things it's stupid to require degrees for.

I confess I don't know why the cost to attend school has increased so much. Maybe it's exactly because schools have an almost unlimited pool of students who have free money to spend. I'm sure there are other things too but I don't know much about it.