Trump's Social Media Platform

6 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Sorry but you can't (or shouldn't) claim very infrequently to not be a Trump supporters while almost constantly, daily, exhibiting behavior that suggests otherwise. It makes the few and far between denouncements  unbelievable quite frankly.

Kinda like those few times trump claimed not to support white supremacists or racists. And then spent the rest of his time providing plenty of room for them to operate. 

• Plus1 3

19 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Sorry but you can't (or shouldn't) claim very infrequently to not be a Trump supporters while almost constantly, daily, exhibiting behavior that suggests otherwise. It makes the few and far between denouncements  unbelievable quite frankly.

Not sure where you have been the last 6 months, but it’s pretty common knowledge around these parts that I voted for Trump.  Unbelievable quite frankly, that you didn’t know that.  

20 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

But there is no denying you were the one to make the initial claim in this Trump Social Media thread that Parler had less influence than Twitter or Facebook. So logic dictates you went there for some reason,

Yes you are correct that there was a reason.  Logic dictates that most posts are posted for a reason.  Parler was very much less influential than its competitors and a Trump Social Media platform would most likely have as little impact as Parler did.  

• Plus1 1
13 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Not sure where you have been the last 6 months, but it’s pretty common knowledge around these parts that I voted for Trump.  Unbelievable quite frankly, that you didn’t know that.  

Yes you are correct that there was a reason.  Logic dictates that most posts are posted for a reason.  Parler was very much less influential than its competitors and a Trump Social Media platform would most likely have as little impact as Parler did.  

I always assumed that you voted for Trump. Quite honestly, I don't read all or most of your posts. But I have seen you try to distance yourself from Trump on a few occasions. Excuse me for easily getting confused with your motives. The actions often don't match the words but I'll rely on what the actions and posting history suggests.

As far as which site was more responsible in fomenting insurrection, I don't really care. The common denominator in any case is and always has been radical Trump supporters. Believe it or not but there is a way to disassociate yourself from that group. It is not my fault you've failed to do that.

• Plus1 2
28 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

I don't think anyone here is arguing otherwise.

But it isn't a stretch to know that the posters on "Trumpbook" will be much of the same crew that got the boot from Twitter and Facebook and turned to Parler.  The people that all reasonable Americans can agree are "deplorable" (the racist and violent types). The question is/will be this: Is Trump okay with that?  And what would that mean for any future political endeavors?

• Plus1 3

Trump could probably afford to launch and manage a social platform without outside advertising support or user subscription fees, so the question would honestly be just how important it is to him and what the end goal is. Additionally, what kind of community he wants to foster.

If it ends up being another feeding ground for radicalism and right-wing propaganda, it'll never maintain a significant audience (significant in comparison to other social platforms). Therefore, it would likely just end up being irrelevant on the social media playing field, but that doesn't necessarily mean it wouldn't be a potentially dangerous platform if it goes unregulated and "free" like Parler tried to make itself.

Further, Apple and Google would be inclined to do to Trump's platform what they did to Parler and pull it from their app stores, which is critical to any social company's success.

16 minutes ago, funhusker said:

I don't think anyone here is arguing otherwise.

But it isn't a stretch to know that the posters on "Trumpbook" will be much of the same crew that got the boot from Twitter and Facebook and turned to Parler.  The people that all reasonable Americans can agree are "deplorable" (the racist and violent types). The question is/will be this: Is Trump okay with that?  And what would that mean for any future political endeavors?

I just don’t see how a social media platform specifically geared for at best 1/2 the population, of which a relative few would get on board for the long term, would survive economically.  I think it would have to be a loss leader for some other profitable venture if it came to be. 

• Plus1 2
6 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

I just don’t see how a social media platform specifically geared for at best 1/2 the population, of which a relative few would get on board for the long term, would survive economically.  I think it would have to be a loss leader for some other profitable venture if it came to be. 

That's why my $10 says it never happens.

BUT if it did, it would be interesting to see how Trump tried to capitalize on the impending train wreck.

• Plus1 1
29 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Believe it or not but there is a way to disassociate yourself from that group. It is not my fault you've failed to do that.

It is your fault that you have failed to recognize that I have disassociated with hate groups or rioting groups but still post ranting nonsense like that.   

In my view It’s entirely possible to be a supporter of someone or a set of idea’s, while also having a disagreement with portions of what that person says, or pieces of those ideas/policies.  The US isn’t a monolithic place believe it or not.  It’s why a Trump social media platform can get launched, but it probably can’t survive. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
45 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

It is your fault that you have failed to recognize that I have disassociated with hate groups or rioting groups but still post ranting nonsense like that.   

In my view It’s entirely possible to be a supporter of someone or a set of idea’s, while also having a disagreement with portions of what that person says, or pieces of those ideas/policies.  The US isn’t a monolithic place believe it or not.  It’s why a Trump social media platform can get launched, but it probably can’t survive. 

Can't get only a little bit pregnant. You either are or you aren't.

I’d be curious of what percentage Trump 2020 voters would still vote for him today.  If the Big Lie and insurrection weren’t the “last straw “, what exactly would it take then?  

I’d say for many, the answer would be turning off the “news.”   

• Plus1 3
35 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

I’d be curious of what percentage Trump 2020 voters would still vote for him today.

I wager far more than the number that would be interested in Trumpbook, but still a significant amount nonetheless.

Parler, prior to being removed from Apple/Google stores and having their web hosting services disabled, claimed to have around 15-20 million active users. They only had ~2ish million prior to the insurrection, so the insurrection caused a massive influx of users (probably tells us all we need to know about the people on it). They apparently have their hosting services back with a different provider, but Apple still won't let them anywhere near their app store in its current state.

And that's the problem with Trumpbook, or a problem it would face. Parler is desperately trying to beef up its review and security process to keep violent and harassing rhetoric off of its platform and they're realizing just how costly and difficult that is. If Trumpbook were to hope to survive or maintain any semblance of success then they would have to do the same, unless they want it to be just another 4chan.