COVID-19 in 2021

Mavric

15 minutes ago, Stumpy1 said:

The vaccine works so well that a good friend of mine has been in the hospital for over a week due to covid.   

The vaccinations aren't an invisible magic anti-COVID shield +3 or anything like that. It statistically makes your risk of needing to go to the ER significantly less, which puts less of a strain on a finite supply of ER Doctors, Nurses, Staff, Supplies, and Beds. It's about mitigating risk to avoid having to triage (see Italy Spring 2020) and literally tell people they have to die instead of get help. It's also about preventing COVID from an opportunity to mutate and get stronger (as the unvaccinated are all but volunteering to be breeding grounds for the next COVID mutation). 

Hospitals have shown through their official admission records OVER and OVER again that out of 100 patients admitted to the ER, about 1 is a vaccinated person--the other 99 aren't vaccinated at all. 

Sorry your friend had s****y luck with COVID--I sincerely hope they get better. But it's not a reason to forego the vaccination.  

• Plus1 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Stumpy1 said:

The vaccine works so well that a good friend of mine has been in the hospital for over a week due to covid.   

Sorry to hear that, but this is the same kind of thinking.  If you don't believe the rather large data set on the effectiveness of the vaccine, just say so.  If you do, then the conclusion you must reach is that your friend had a breakthrough infection, and against odds wound up in the hospital, which is unfortunate.

• Plus1 4
26 minutes ago, Stumpy1 said:

It all is what it is.  I got notified a few days ago about an outbreak of COVID for a wedding a did in Dallas last week.  Seven folks of the 23 that attended caught COVID.  It was a big concern prior for me by a few folks because I am not vaccinated.  As it turned out the 10 of us unvaccinated, we all survived the outbreak.  The casualties were those under prior vaccination.  A few folks [5-7] did use masks.  I did not since I was officiating.

I'm doing another wedding today.  At the reception presently.  No masks at this one in Baltimore.   Probably 30-35 in attendance.

Grace and peace to you in your choices.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fire 1

7 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

It all is what it is.  I got notified a few days ago about an outbreak of COVID for a wedding a did in Dallas last week.  Seven folks of the 23 that attended caught COVID.  It was a big concern prior for me by a few folks because I am not vaccinated.  As it turned out the 10 of us unvaccinated, we all survived the outbreak.  The casualties were those under prior vaccination.  A few folks [5-7] did use masks.  I did not since I was officiating.

I'm doing another wedding today.  At the reception presently.  No masks at this one in Baltimore.   Probably 30-35 in attendance.

BS.  That is all.

• Plus1 7
13 hours ago, BigRedN said:

Yeah, I’m gonna call bulls*** on this. I sincerely doubt that there’s going to be a significant number of breakthrough infections but unvaccinated remain unscathed. That’s some grade-A evangelical horses*** right there. 

And if you truly were about peace and grace then you’d be vaccinated, bottom line. Instead you’re peddling in hypocrisy.

• Plus1 5

1 hour ago, VectorVictor said:

Yeah, I’m gonna call bulls*** on this. I sincerely doubt that there’s going to be a significant number of breakthrough infections but unvaccinated remain unscathed. That’s some grade-A evangelical horses*** right there. 

And if you truly were about peace and grace then you’d be vaccinated, bottom line. Instead you’re peddling in hypocrisy.

I wouldn't call it bulls#!t.  I've had 5 people in my work area that have got it.  3 of which I share office space with and the other 2 are always in my office.  One of them was vaccinated at the time.  I'm the only one who hasn't gotten it and the only one who isn't vaccinated.  Also just had to cancel a trip to Chicago because the friends I was going to see came down with it.  Them and all their friends are vaccinated 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fire 1

Apparently someone should do a case study as a lot of HB members have anecdotal evidence that goes against all reported scientific evidence out there about masks, vaccines and what exactly is the right course of action right now. It's almost a shame that this thread will get lost in the shuffle today for all the game threads; I wish there was someplace (or two to three someplaces) in other parts of the board (say, maybe P&R?) where this amazing anecdotal evidence could be properly tested, vetted and pontificated on. 

• Plus1 7
8 hours ago, VectorVictor said:

All I can share is what happened at that event.  I get tested before every event I go to so I know I'm free and clear.  I've yet to have a problem ... but the vaccinated seem to.  So, as stated, to those who are vaccinated, you really need to take this very serious and double and triple mask and stay clear from other humans.  Don't follow Nancy as your example.  This is hypocrisy.

See, isn't it great that you can look at Jesus' blood as unclean horses*** ... and no one condemns you or mocks that?  I think it is great if you think Jesus' blood is **** [Hebrews 10:29], most do.   In the same light, you really don't need to "should" over others who do not have your "woke" mentality.  You are pushing your own flavor of religion and religious view onto man.  We are all educated and are listening to our conscience and what the spirit within man is saying to each of us.  

You are sounding more and more like an old school Baptist preacher who would tell those "sinners" they were going to "hell" for all their "unwokeness".  Whatever!   We can disagree .... and still respect, love and acceptance each other as we are, not as the religion of wokeness says I should be.  Sure, you can silence others, keep them from attending games ... probably even kill those who choose the freedom of the spirit over the "wokeness" of your dead religion ... but the future will provide more and more enlightenment.  I'll take the horses*** of Grace and Truth over what you are peddling any day.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
12 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

All I can share is what happened at that event.  I get tested before every event I go to so I know I'm free and clear.  I've yet to have a problem ... but the vaccinated seem to.  So, as stated, to those who are vaccinated, you really need to take this very serious and double and triple mask and stay clear from other humans.  Don't follow Nancy as your example.  This is hypocrisy.

See, isn't it great that you can look at Jesus' blood as unclean horses*** ... and no one condemns you or mocks that?  I think it is great if you think Jesus' blood is **** [Hebrews 10:29], most do.   In the same light, you really don't need to "should" over others who do not have your "woke" mentality.  You are pushing your own flavor of religion and religious view onto man.  We are all educated and are listening to our conscience and what the spirit within man is saying to each of us.  

You are sounding more and more like an old school Baptist preacher who would tell those "sinners" they were going to "hell" for all their "unwokeness".  Whatever!   We can disagree .... and still respect, love and acceptance each other as we are, not as the religion of wokeness says I should be.  Sure, you can silence others, keep them from attending games ... probably even kill those who choose the freedom of the spirit over the "wokeness" of your dead religion ... but the future will provide more and more enlightenment.  I'll take the horses*** of Grace and Truth over what you are peddling any day.

Please delete your account

• Thanks 4
  • Fire 1
2 minutes ago, GSG said:

Please delete your account

I think a guy like you wants to do far worse ... and will in the near future.  Isn't it time to round up those who believe democracy and freedom can rule and reign without your "wokeness".  Ha ha.  It won't be long until you guys start rounding up all those who oppose and pull off that same "spirit" that other dictators have ruled with.  I get it.  

I continue to leave the judgment and vengeance for a later day.  

Here's to healthy living, trusting in the best Source your mind can discern ... and hope for the best day.

Go Big Red!  It's an easy three TD win with all the improvements.

• Haha 2