Illinois Game Highlights

Mavric

1 hour ago, SECHusker said:

All of the offensive plays from the game. We look the part of a top-25 offense, but our o line got whipped and nothing in Martinez's history has shown you can count on him to win you a game.

1 hour ago, SECHusker said:

If the defense can build off that first half, definitely a top-15, maybe 10, defense.

Top 25 O and top 15 D in the conference yes.

35 minutes ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

I haven't seen him getting a lot of love but I remember seeing this play live and being so excited about how far along Tanor has come along. He absolutely destroyed a Sr RT that probably has a good 70 lbs on him.  

I noticed this as well during the game.  He looked liked he was moving full speed this game.  Years past he was timid and didn't show much toughness at the point of attack.   I'm hoping the light came on for him and he continues his progress.                                               

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

I noticed this as well during the game.  He looked liked he was moving full speed this game.  Years past he was timid and didn't show much toughness at the point of attack.   I'm hoping the light came on for him and he continues his progress.                                               

Yeah it seemed like just flashes before but I think he is locked in now. No matter what else is going on I feel like this dline and defense overall should be fun to watch this year. 

5 minutes ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

Yeah it seemed like just flashes before but I think he is locked in now. No matter what else is going on I feel like this dline and defense overall should be fun to watch this year. 

Tannor and Daniels both graded out by PFF with the highest pass rush grades of their careers. Just one game but if they can generate an organic pass rush for the defense that helps out quite a bit

• Plus1 1
53 minutes ago, J-MAGIC said:

Tannor and Daniels both graded out by PFF with the highest pass rush grades of their careers. Just one game but if they can generate an organic pass rush for the defense that helps out quite a bit

Tannor's number seems to get called a lot for the stunts, which makes sense because of his speed & athleticism. I remember that he put a similar hit on Indiana's QB in that 2019 game and rattled the guy so bad I thought maybe it had taken him out of the contest.

But with stunts you're going to be getting there late. So just like with the penalty he got on Saturday, he's just plain going to have to be smarter about where he drives in for the tackle to avoid penalties like that.