Frost was doomed at the start!

4 minutes ago, lo country said:

100%.....  Here's too hoping. Frost's presser today, as a player, would instill me to seek the transfer portal.  Woukdn't be surprised if some staff have resumes out.  Looking to get out or thinking they might be fired.  But getting them out regardless.

Honestly seeing that option attack at Nebraska would bring me peace. You also wont see some of the "bigger" name schools go for it as it isnt the mainstream of football. As a few articles mentioned he is to the modern run game as Leach was to the modern pass game. 

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, lo country said:

100%.....  Here's too hoping. Frost's presser today, as a player, would instill me to seek the transfer portal.  Woukdn't be surprised if some staff have resumes out.  Looking to get out or thinking they might be fired.  But getting them out regardless.

If thats true - please everyone be on the lookout for QB coaching gigs. If you have an Indeed or Monster account, help NU out and keep an eye out for QB coaching gigs. Then forward them to marioQBcoachingwhisperer@aol.com

• Haha 1
19 minutes ago, Nebraska55fan said:

If thats true - please everyone be on the lookout for QB coaching gigs. If you have an Indeed or Monster account, help NU out and keep an eye out for QB coaching gigs. Then forward them to marioQBcoachingwhisperer@aol.com

I will just reach out via my MSN Messenger account. Mario and I are friends

• Plus1 1
7 hours ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

Everyone in the country thought it was a homerun hire. Frost has had our full support while going 12-20 the last 3 years. At some point you have to show improvement on the field to earn that support. Just give me a coach that has shown he can build a program. I dont care if it is G5 or P5. Show me someone that took over a below 500 team and turned it around. Jamey Chadwell as an example has done it at a few levels now. I actually think he is the next "Matt Campbell" in terms of a younger HC that will go to a P5 school and build it into a consistent top 25 team. 

Year Team Overall Conference Standing Bowl/playoffs Coaches# AP°
North Greenville Crusaders (NCAA Division II independent) (2009–2011)
2009 North Greenville 2–8          
2010 North Greenville 9–3     W Victory    
2011 North Greenville 11–3     L NCAA Division II Quarterfinal    
North Greenville: 22–14    
Delta State Statesmen (Gulf South Conference) (2012)
2012 Delta State 3–7 1–4 T–5th      
Delta State: 3–7 1–4  
Charleston Southern Buccaneers (Big South Conference) (2013–2016)
2013 Charleston Southern 10–3 3–2 3rd      
2014 Charleston Southern 8–4 3–2 T–3rd      
2015 Charleston Southern 10–3 6–0 1st L FCS Playoffs Quarterfinals    
2016 Charleston Southern 7–4 4–1 T–1st L FCS Playoffs First Round    
Charleston Southern: 35–14 16–5  
Coastal Carolina Chanticleers (Sun Belt Conference) (2017)
2017 Coastal Carolina 3–9 2–6 T–10th      
Coastal Carolina Chanticleers (Sun Belt Conference) (2019–present)
2019 Coastal Carolina 5–7 2–6 5th (East)      
2020 Coastal Carolina 11–1 8–0 1st (East)[15] L Cure 14 14
Coastal Carolina: 19–17 12–12  
Total: 79–52

He is a popular name.  People really like his offense. 

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

Honestly seeing that option attack at Nebraska would bring me peace. You also wont see some of the "bigger" name schools go for it as it isnt the mainstream of football. As a few articles mentioned he is to the modern run game as Leach was to the modern pass game. 

Same!  Might not live to see another NC, but to see the option(variants) as a staple would do my heart good.  Be a great recruiting tool.  Be the first "B1G" (pun intended) to bring it to the P5.  I think it would be very successful here.  I do not think you'd need an elite QB to run it.  Watching some of the G5, FCS, they have some guys that can run and throw it.  And we wouldn't be competing against the rest of the P5 to get them.  

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
30 minutes ago, lo country said:

Same!  Might not live to see another NC, but to see the option(variants) as a staple would do my heart good.  Be a great recruiting tool.  Be the first "B1G" (pun intended) to bring it to the P5.  I think it would be very successful here.  I do not think you'd need an elite QB to run it.  Watching some of the G5, FCS, they have some guys that can run and throw it.  And we wouldn't be competing against the rest of the P5 to get them.  

That's why I like it. You have a niche. Something we haven't had for 2 decades. But still modern enough it isnt academy school style. 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, The Dude said:

I'm not as optimistic.   Has our level of patience actually increased, or did we just make an exception for a Husker legend?

Everyone knows where we are and honestly we have enough talent to win more than we lose. Riley got 3 years and if a coach is going to be a winner he is going to win more than he loses in year 3. 

• Plus1 2